over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Apple Vinegar?

jeriko1975

Registered
I was watching OZ on TV today. He stated that a shot of apple vinegar in 16 oz of water can increase your metabolism by 20 percent. Is this statement backed by any scientific info?

He also said organic apple juice contains arsenic.
In September, Oz told viewers on his show that certain brands of apple juice can be dangerous because they contain high levels of arsenic. Oz claimed that his team tested 50 different brands of apple juice, and they all contained a high element of arsenic.

So Apple Vinegar GOOD Apple juice BAD

lol....yah thats why i want to confirm this statement. I am heavy right now and want to avoid the ECA stack, if I can get some natural stuff in me without the ECA shakes.

I can confirm that apple cider vinegar taste like shit!!! like make you puke instantly, worst then a shot of liquor!!!!!

I was watching OZ on TV today. He stated that a shot of apple vinegar in 16 oz of water can increase your metabolism by 20 percent. Is this statement backed by any scientific info?

suppose to increase your insulin sensitivity!

There have been claims of health benefits but none have scientific proof backing them in humans only in rats and lab grown cells. It's effects on BG is minimal.... but some swear by it. If you do try it never take it straight, It can ruin your teeth beings it is mainly acid.

i guess i will try it with some ECA and coffee and report the results. Goal is 30 lbs in 30 days with 2 miles on the treadmill per day.

As far as I know it is supposed to lower the glycemic index of the food you eat. So if you eat carbs you take a tablespoon of apple vinegar before you eat the carbs and the following insulin spike will be decreased by the vinegar.

20% increase in metabolism!? No way! If it was that effective everybody would be taking it losing lbs of fat in no time. Green tea is supposed to increase your metabolsim by 1-2% and ephedrine by 3-4%. Forget 20%.

I can say this for a fact....its the best for heart burn!! Next time you have heart burn...take a shot ....bet its gone within 60 sec.!!!

Back in the day I used to take a shot of Gin or Vodka before I went in the gym, I would be sweating like a pig all over the gym. Increased my body heat for sure, which I am only guessing here made me loose some fat as well. Not really sure if this was ever true, but I know for me I have never used any OTC product that made me sweat up a storm like a shot of liquor did.

My wife is trying the apple cider vinegar thing right now. She has been on it for a few weeks, and so is a coworker of mine. I'll ask them both if they notice a difference. I'll ask my wife first, she is a no excuse gotta get to the gym type of person so I'll her her info first and post up her response.

I fill up 2 water bottles full with a tablespoon of ACV in each before bed, drink one in the morning and one at night. I absolutely love it...no crazy profound results, BUT I do feel it helps everything. I used to get insane acid reflux that kept me awake...now I haven't had a trace of it in almost a year.

An acidic body = bad. Disease and illness stems from an acidic environment. All the meats and grains we eat as bodybuilders add to this. ACV will help balance it out and keep things in check. Make sure you get the real ACV, not the Heinz synthetic shit. Braggs makes the most commonly available one and it is great.

It also works wonders if you stuff yourself with a cheat meal or something, it sorts all that digestion out. I can't report if it specifically helps something, but since I added it I won't go back. I have been using it for over a year and stopped for a month, and really really felt like I needed it back and so I did.

Do not drink it straight, mix it with water, it's not bad if you dillute it. Cheers.

I use the organic...one shot in a.m. and one in p.m....I take it for blood pressure and for sinus problems...works great for my particular issues.

I fill up 2 water bottles full with a tablespoon of ACV in each before bed, drink one in the morning and one at night. I absolutely love it...no crazy profound results, BUT I do feel it helps everything. I used to get insane acid reflux that kept me awake...now I haven't had a trace of it in almost a year.

An acidic body = bad. Disease and illness stems from an acidic environment. All the meats and grains we eat as bodybuilders add to this. ACV will help balance it out and keep things in check. Make sure you get the real ACV, not the Heinz synthetic shit. Braggs makes the most commonly available one and it is great.

It also works wonders if you stuff yourself with a cheat meal or something, it sorts all that digestion out. I can't report if it specifically helps something, but since I added it I won't go back. I have been using it for over a year and stopped for a month, and really really felt like I needed it back and so I did.

Do not drink it straight, mix it with water, it's not bad if you dillute it. Cheers.

Definitely great advice here. ACV is where its at. Numerous health benefits.

As far as I know it is supposed to lower the glycemic index of the food you eat. So if you eat carbs you take a tablespoon of apple vinegar before you eat the carbs and the following insulin spike will be decreased by the vinegar.

20% increase in metabolism!? No way! If it was that effective everybody would be taking it losing lbs of fat in no time. Green tea is supposed to increase your metabolsim by 1-2% and ephedrine by 3-4%. Forget 20%.

i agree...maybe oz was saying the glycemic index was reduced by up to 20 percent.. if that the case i will try it. It could only help and maybe it will allow me to stop having to take Prilosec for my heartburn.

I love the stuff, great with cucumbers. Every once in a while I'll drink a little straight!

Ask Emeric, he endorses the use of apple cider vinegar and is a wealth of knowledge.

Hell, for price of a bottle it's worth a shot. What's the worst thing that can happen?

Just remember fellas it needs to be UNPASTEURIZED and contain the mother (all them bits floating around) to be beneficial. Normal ACV you can find in wal-mart isn't the same...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws