over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Losartan Potassium

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Today i got prescribed Losartan Potassium for High BP.. Its generic for Coozar..
Dr said it helps hypertension, reucing the risk of stroke, and left ventricular hypertrophy and treats nephropathy (kidney disease)

Anyone else using this medicatin for high BP?

Yes. Been on 25 MG per day for years. Works well.

I was told if I had high BP to use ramapril. What would be the benefits of using this Vs coozar?

It is frustrating because this class of drugs works well for lowering blood pressure, but renal impairment is a possible side effect.
It causes vasodilation everywhere in the body (opening of the blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more freely), but causes vasoconstriction in part of the kidney (narrowing/constricting the blood flow there).

My main concern when it comes to high BP is kidney strain..... but the drugs used to treat it are possibly damaging to the kidneys.

I am struggling with this right now because I have blood pressure issues, and I am afraid to take these drugs. I am working hard on my supplement protocol, and really cleaning up my diet. I guess the time has come for me where diet can't be loose at all. Sugar has a negative impact on BP, and I have been getting too much of it lately. When my diet was cleaner, my OTC BP supps worked fine. Time to go back to that protocol for me.

I think telmisartan is better the losartan as it's also a selective ppar gamma modulator. There's also a number of BP meds like the -olol family of which i prefer nebivolol.

Telmisartan is outrageously expensive. Losartan is in the exact same class and is about 1/10th the price. They are ARB's(Angiotensin receptor blockers). The -olols you are referring to are beta blockers, and they are awful drugs. Great for slowing down your heart rate to the point that cardio doesn't do shit to burn fat. They slow down your metabolism something fierce, and generally take away all of your motivation to do anything. I used nebivolol for a while and hated it. Losartan works every bit as well as Telmisartan, used them both, and the only difference is price.

I know you have a contest coming up and you better be awful careful with your choice of diuretics. If you are using a potassium sparing one, YOU COULD INDUCE A HEART ATTACK. Research and choose wisely.

I know you have a contest coming up and you better be awful careful with your choice of diuretics. If you are using a potassium sparing one, YOU COULD INDUCE A HEART ATTACK. Research and choose wisely.

Thank you for saying that. I didnt think of it.
I usually use dyazide, and i think it is potassium sparing diuretic... crap.

I was researching on Losartan and dyazide and found that they can be taken together.

Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.

Losartan is in a group of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Losartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow.

The combination of hydrochlorothiazide and losartan is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is also used to lower the risk of stroke in certain people with heart disease.

hydrochlorothiazide and losartan | Cigna

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner