over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coca-Cola, PepsiCo make changes to avoid cancer warning label

illuminated33

Registered
I would think most here do not drink soda... but I still wanted to share this...

**broken link removed**

:food-s:il... :eek:

They should get rid of that caramel color and just make it clear. Give u the false sense of healthier.

Thank god I drink mountain dew... :D

diet pepsi ftw.....lol

Well Years ago didn't they have clear coke or pepsi? Green would be vial like vomit

Pepsi Clear Hell that was 20yrs ago I was like 7 or 8 I think when that was around but I remember it tasted the exact same.

They should get rid of that caramel color and just make it clear. Give u the false sense of healthier.

IMO they should bring back the clear Coca-Cola and market it as not being "teeth-staining", or "whiteness-promoting" or something like that

I can see it now
When I eat lunch at work. There will be a guy overweight smoking, drinking soda and eating some plastic processed warmup meal with warning labels on all of them saying will cause cancer. Then some how he s ends up with cancer

meh everything gives you cancer these days LOL

so which should i be more frustrated with? The big corporation that could be knowingly poisoning me, or the big government that is trying to mettle with their freedom to do what they want without regulations?

so which should i be more frustrated with? The big corporation that could be knowingly poisoning me, or the big government that is trying to mettle with their freedom to do what they want without regulations?

Coca-cola does a lot worse things than just poision you. In India they diverted a river that was the only water source for a number of villages. Many people in these villages were dying of starvation (crops died due to lack or irrigation) and dehydration. They then started selling "fertilizer" to small farmers, this "fertilizer" was the hazordous chemical waste being produced by the factories.
In Latin America, the conditons were very poor in their factories, so the worker's started to unionize for workers' rights. Suddenly all the union leaders were being killed.
Cocoa-Cola had gotten away with all these atrocities, I'm sure their lobbiest will convince the US law makers against the cancer warning.

Ok, now I'm done ranting. :eek:

If you do not like Coca-cola, then do not give them your money. Bring attention to the things you dislike about them to your peers. Maybe they will stop spending their money. Target the stock price. Money talks, bullshit walks.

... but in the interest of full disclosure, I enjoy a mountain dew throwback post work out from time to time. :)

Then you should read in detail about brominated vegetable oil and what that shit can do to you. It's in Mt Dew and often in other citrus sodas and beverages.

Brominated vegetable oil?!?! WTF, does that really exist?

If you do not like Coca-cola, then do not give them your money. Bring attention to the things you dislike about them to your peers. Maybe they will stop spending their money. Target the stock price. Money talks, bullshit walks.

... but in the interest of full disclosure, I enjoy a mountain dew throwback post work out from time to time. :)

here's the thing though - and I'm only asking because this topic interests me, not because i have any bones to pick - Coca Cola would have never mentioned this and would have been perfectly happy continuing to use this or any other chemical that could cause cancer in their product.

without some outside organization checking in on them, some of these corporations will be more than happy to risk it and run with something that makes them billions while we are ingesting something potentially toxic.

Now, I'm not trying to make the point we need over-bloated government regulation either, I'm just trying to paint the picture as well as I can.

The biggest conundrum we have right now, the biggest, is that we want a small government that takes care of only roads and sewers and military, and yet we have corporations who are just dying for that day to come so they can do whatever the hell they want - our health, our future, our economy be damned.

I know of a woman in my neighborhood who has been screaming tea party all year, and just two or three years ago she screamed government regulation on toys coming in from china that have toxic plasticizers.

And to you, and anyone else who is convinced the market will sort itself out, and we'll just stop buying coke if we find out it has poison in it - who will be telling us that, if not for government inspectors? I mean seriously? If the big corporations were free to do what they wanted, we'd see lead, mercury all sorts of shit start popping up in products - that is UNLESS THERE'S NO ONE TESTING IT.

Look like I said, I'll be the first to stand in line at the "Please leave me alone, I don't want to be told what to do" booth. I can't stand government in any of our business. But big corporations are just waiting for the day we say, please, do whatever you want to do".

please tell me more!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity