over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

nasm-cpt

bbg420

Registered
is this a good certification, there are so many it gets confusing anyone get this certification if so what is the process to obtain

Hell yeah it is...

I had my NASM's CSCS & ACSM's HFI..

You will know your shit & get a job the other bullshit certifications are not eligible to get,

bbcpt, what do you need to take the exam, example some require cpr aed cert, some require a freakin bachlor degree, i visited the site and was gonna purchase the 800 dollar package that includes exam, practice exam ,etc etc what u think

Nsca, nasm, and acsm are the most prestigious. I'm a acsm registered clinical exercise physiologist and most reputable health clubs and hospitals prefer acsm. My cert requires a masters degree and 1000 clinical hours, but there are some that don't require a degree.

Last edited:
bbcpt, what do you need to take the exam, example some require cpr aed cert, some require a freakin bachlor degree, i visited the site and was gonna purchase the 800 dollar package that includes exam, practice exam ,etc etc what u think

I think that is the same one I am looking at taking. I got 90 days to get certified.

NASM has been the gold standard for a while. I got mine a decade ago. But you will find out real quick that it all depends on the person and not the certification. You will meet many shitty trainers with great certifications over your career. You will also meet great trainers with no certifications but that never stop learning through experience, research, and listening other great trainers/instructors/educators etc...

Just recently got my ACE certification. They changed there whole format and made it harder to be more compeitive with ACSM and NASM.

But the other guy is right ^^^^^

It's all about the person then the certification. Get that piece of paper and just continue to educate yourself and you will do well.

Good luck to you.

Getting certified was the best thing I could have done. Love the business and love being in the gym. Just wish I had done it earlier.

NASM has been the gold standard for a while. I got mine a decade ago. But you will find out real quick that it all depends on the person and not the certification. You will meet many shitty trainers with great certifications over your career. You will also meet great trainers with no certifications but that never stop learning through experience, research, and listening other great trainers/instructors/educators etc...

You are totally correct, the certs are easy to get except the ones that require degrees. some guys with no certs are amazing trainers, and some guys with tons of education don't make good trainers. but, you're a lot more respected if you have a degree. It means that you have a thorough understanding of human physiology and can decipher research correctly.

I would respectively disagree that nasm is the gold standard though. acsm is the agency that basically writes everything having to do with exercise testing and prescription. They write the textbooks used in exercise physiology programs at universities. all other certs follow the guidelines that they put forward. With my acsm cert, I'm qualified to conduct vo2max tests on cardiac patients without a doctor being present. there is no other cert that will allow this and no hospital that will allow you to do it without being an acsm exercise physiologist. not even an RN or respiratory therapist can do this, and some dr's aren't qualified to conduct them.

Totally agree. I would say 85% of trainers I know have plenty of certs but don't pratice what they preach. They are there for a paycheck not to teach technique and lifestyle change.

Totally agree. I would say 85% of trainers I know have plenty of certs but don't pratice what they preach. They are there for a paycheck not to teach technique and lifestyle change.

Yep, it takes a certain person to be a good trainer, not just education. I consider myself an expert in exercise physiology, but I'm a terrible trainer. I just don't have the personality nor desire to push others.

Yup. I'm not personal at all. I'm was there to destroy phyiscally and build your ego mentally. So basically shouldve been a strength and conditioning coach. I couldn't take it. I didn't care how much they paid me to hear their exuses of poor eating habits etc. End the day their wasting my time and making me look bad. I had plenty success my clients were monsters compared to other trainers bosu ball training lol.

Anyways yes nasm is solid cert.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner