over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone interested in "Grass Fed Beef"?

Would you be interested in buying grass fed beef to be shipped to you?

• Hell ya, Ill buy it all day long.

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Ya, I usually eat chicken or fish but some Grass fed beef now and then is good too.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I buy whats on sale and in the store. I don't care where it came from.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • No, I never eat beef and if I did I would grab it local.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wardog50

Registered
Before anyone heads down the path of permission I asked Big A and he has given me permission to ask this. (thank you, Big A)
I am hoping it will work out so that I can become a sponsor in a bit of a niche' here. (I am not a current sponsor so please no PM's asking to buy anything) at least not yet.
So as the title implies I am wondering how many people would be interested in "grass fed beef"?
My family owns and operates a large cattle ranch in WY. This would be the source if all pans out and the interest level is high enough.
The cows are grass fed and free range. No grains or silage are used as feed. They are not given growth hormones, steroids (hehe) or antibiotics. Usually if a cow gets sick enough that it would need antibiotics we either put it down or sell it to a canner(for dog food etc).
The water is almost all from free flowing streams and rivers. The only added supplements to their diets are salt licks and mineral in tubs close to their water sources.

If it could be cold shipped to your door for a reasonable price. If you had the choice of multiple cuts and also bulk like 1/4, 1/2 cow etc.

I have a sample price list but again it is just a sample.
I really need to see the interest level.
This is the feeling out stage to see if it could work.
I am not sure what shipping options would work best as far as the shippers themselves. So the prices on that are still completely unknown.

So if you were interested.
How much would you be interested in on say a monthly level and which cuts would you prefer?

We wouldn't obligate anybody to a monthly delivery. I just want to know what we might be looking at for slaughter and packaging to get rolling.

100% Grass-Fed Beef

Price Per Pound

Tenderloin Steak (Filet mignon) $25.00

New York Strip $18.00

Porterhouse $18.00

T-Bone $18.00

Delmonico (Rib eye) $18.00

Rib Steak 15.00

Rib Roast 15.00

Top Sirloin Steak (Sirloin strip) 13.50

Flank Steak 14.00

Shank 6.00

Fajita Meat 6.50

London Broil 7.50

Brisket 7.00

Eye of Round Roast 7.00

Sirloin Tip Roast 7.00

Round Roast 6.70

Chuck Roast 6.00

Boneless Chuck Roast 6.50

Rump Roast 6.00

Ground Beef 4.75

Stew Beef 5.00

Short Ribs 4.00

Organs (Liver, Heart, Tongue) 3.00

Soup Bones 2.00

Meaty Soup Bones 4.00

Hamburger 6.00

100% Grass-fed Beef in Bulk

Whole Beef (about 650 lb)
$3.00/lb, by hanging weight

Half Beef (about 325 lb)
$3.20/ lb, by hanging weight

Mixed Quarter (about 160 lb)
$3.45/lb, by hanging weight

40lb Variety Pack
$6.00 per packaged pound

I really look forward to everyones comments and input.

PLEASE do leave some input too.
I would love to know how much red meat you guys are eating now.
I will try to make us competitve so knowing how much you guys currently eat will help tons.

Last edited:
Well depending on how much the shipping ends up being I would be in for probably 100 bucks a month, maybe the variety pack. You have a lot more cuts than what I can get at whole foods, and that ground beef price is really great if that ends up sticking.
What would the fat content of that be, like 80% ground chuck/round or whatever? If so could you do sirloin also?

Well depending on how much the shipping ends up being I would be in for probably 100 bucks a month, maybe the variety pack. You have a lot more cuts than what I can get at whole foods, and that ground beef price is really great if that ends up sticking.
What would the fat content of that be, like 80% ground chuck/round or whatever? If so could you do sirloin also?

Grass fed is usually very low fat naturally, many cuts equal to boneless chicken breasts.

Shipping is the big one, fed ex used to have great bulk shipping. His prices are right in line with what I get locally.

We can grind the burger super lean if wanted.
Right now my mom is selling it in her small grocery store(its a specialty store so organics and such). You'll cry when you read this next part. She has the butchers currently turning the whole cows into burger. All the greats included like filet and t-bone all of it, lol. She had me come up with a price list for her store so she could tell the butchers what she wanted.

We butcher our own stuff too, but to sell in a store you need a licensed butcher to do the work.
So ya, right now its probably like average 85-15 but we may get like 3 levels of burger so we could go leaner for folks who want lean burger. We can definitely do sirloin burger. The leaner would of course be slightly more expensive but not much.

Last edited:
Grass fed is usually very low fat naturally, many cuts equal to boneless chicken breasts.

Shipping is the big one, fed ex used to have great bulk shipping. His prices are right in line with what I get locally.

Thats good to know. We are trying to be competitive in pricing but definitely don't want to hurt any farmers or ranchers who have their own small local thing going.
I think there are a lot of people who don't have access to what we can offer so I feel good about that.

I will buy right now!! Contact info?

LOL,

Sorry brother, can't do that right now.
Big A is doing me a solid by letting me feel out the customer base first before jumping in.
I can't go behind his back and start making sales off his board.

I appreciate the positive feedback though.

By the way how much red meat do you currently eat?

I would probably be in for 20 pounds per week. Shipping is going to be a bitch though, I can tell you that. You would probably want a professional to assist while attempting a negotiation.

I eat about a pound a day. Either grilled sirloin or flank steak or I make some low Carb chili with ground beef. 85 15 is good, healthy fat in grass fed anyway. I would probably get 90 10 though if you had it.

Thats good to know. We are trying to be competitive in pricing but definitely don't want to hurt any farmers or ranchers who have their own small local thing going.
I think there are a lot of people who don't have access to what we can offer so I feel good about that.

Not only do many not have access, they also just don't know how cheap it is in bulk. Or how little room it really takes up. I can fit a whole cow in my large chest freezer.

many need to be educated on cooking it, it's doesn't cook like the crap they buy normally.

Tips for Cooking Grass Fed Beef

I can't eat commercial hamburger, it tastes like garbage after years of grass fed.

I would probably be in for 20 pounds per week. Shipping is going to be a bitch though, I can tell you that. You would probably want a professional to assist while attempting a negotiation.

Ya shipping rates are killer with fuel prices right now.
Usually we ship our cows in and out of the ranch in semi-tractors before they have been slaughtered. So packaging and shipping quantities like this and cold shipping too is tough. I am trying to feel out other bigger companies that cold ship to see what they are paying and who they are using.

I eat about a pound a day. Either grilled sirloin or flank steak or I make some low Carb chili with ground beef. 85 15 is good, healthy fat in grass fed anyway. I would probably get 90 10 though if you had it.

We can do 85-15 all day and I really don't think 90-10 will be an issue.
I would like to see us carry one a bit leaner too like 95-5 or 97-3.

Extremely interested, very hard to find good meats in BULK here in NJ.

I would be a large customer, and would have friends order with me all well. I eat 1-2lbs of beef per day; mostly top round sirloin, beef loin, flank, skirt, and filet.

Last edited:
New York Strip $18.00

Porterhouse $18.00

T-Bone $18.00

Ground beef 93/7

Back in Canada my parents use to buy in bulk, half a cow at a time, put it the freezer...use to eat meat twice a day while i was growing up...not something I hear about much, buying in bulk ...but it sounds good to me...need to find a freezer...

Back in Canada my parents use to buy in bulk, half a cow at a time, put it the freezer...use to eat meat twice a day while i was growing up...not something I hear about much, buying in bulk ...but it sounds good to me...need to find a freezer...
Ya, while I was in WY it was meat with every meal almost. Tons of leftovers from roasts and what not all the time. I always knew I had more than most as far as that went but now I really appreciate it. My parents care packs from are almost always stuffed with frozen meat, haha.

New York Strip $18.00

Porterhouse $18.00

T-Bone $18.00

Ground beef 93/7

Nice choices.
It looks like the burger is more popular than I would have first guessed.
I like it too. You can turn it into almost anything, even back into patties like little steaks, haha.

I wish you were in Australia. I eat 2lbs per day of fillet. What sucks is that here it costs $45-$65/kg for the organic grass fed.

To make certain, your cattle is feed grass from the time they are weaned until finished...no grain finish...correct

As shared earlier...I prefer the 85/15, the fat is a good fat, and doesn't compare to the fat in grain feed livestock.

I eat between 4-6lbs of grass fed ground beef a week, buy from a local farm for $6/lb....

So about $96-$144 per month.

With your price at $4.75, $76-$114... as long as shipping is below $20 and $30 respectively, it would be a savings.

I would definitely buy this up if offered. While im not completely sure how much id buy id definitely grab the lean ground beef and possibly sirloin and some other cuts.

Let us know!

I eat between 4-6lbs of grass fed ground beef a week, buy from a local farm for $6/lb....

So about $96-$144 per month.

With your price at $4.75, $76-$114... as long as shipping is below $20 and $30 respectively, it would be a savings.

I'm still working on shipping. I'm trying to see if I can get a standard rate for us that would cover a wide range of box sizes and weights. Similar to the USPS priority system just larger.

To make certain, your cattle is feed grass from the time they are weaned until finished...no grain finish...correct

As shared earlier...I prefer the 85/15, the fat is a good fat, and doesn't compare to the fat in grain feed livestock.

That is correct, we use zero grain on the cattle during anytime.

We grow our own grass hay with no chemical fertilizers. Then that grass hay is what we feed them through the winter. During the rest of the seasons they are litteraly free range animals. They live out in the hills and valleys doing their thing. Right now my family is doing the spring round up and branding. (rocky mountain oysters anyone? hahaha) After being branded they will be turned out into different fields than they have been in through the winter.
Grain is pretty expensive feed and since our hay is grown by us it just works out better all the way around. Myself I only have seen grain used to get show animals fat for show and for breeders who want to make their genetics look better. I know feed lots use it along with silage but thats usually industrial size outfits doing that and the grain and silage is excess from some other part of their industry. I read about it all the time but I really have only seen it in those situations.

I would definitely buy this up if offered. While im not completely sure how much id buy id definitely grab the lean ground beef and possibly sirloin and some other cuts.

Let us know!

I definitely will let you guys know and I appreciate all teh info you are leaving.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner