advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just found out I need a kidney transplant.....(get your labs done!)

plang

Kilo Klub Member
I put off getting labs done for way too long....about 2 months ago I had to stop prepping for a contest because my body just wasn't responding. I went to get labs done and after the results was rushed to the ER. I was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and stopped prep. Fast forward 2 months and I'm throwing up every day and cramping. I went to the ER again and my numbers were off the charts, creatinine 15 and BUN was 190 with potassium very low. After a biopsy i find out I have the disease abbrveiated FSGS.....the same thing flex wheeler, Alonzo mourning and Sean Elliot all had/have. There is no cure and currently they don't really know what causes it. Over 80% of my kidneys are scarred. The doctors surgically inserted a catheter(sp) in my neck/clavicle to start dialysis. I will need a transplant in the next year, although inmay already have a living donor. Moral of the story....I've had this for years. Had I done blood work a year or two earlier I may have been able to slow down the disease, but now i have to Jump head first into treatment. So do you blood work every 6 months and look fornthese warning signs:

high blood pressure
swollen ankle/ankles
sour mouth taste
cramps
hiccups
edema
indigestion
bubbles in urine

sorry to hear plang,, your get your mind focused for the surgery and keep on trucking brotha,, youll be at it 100% and look at it like your priming your body for its next big growth phase

Oh shit plang.

This is terrible. I am really sorry to hear this.

Plang,
I'm praying for you!
Keep us posted on your progress!

Questions:
Did you have any pain in your lower back?
Did you have those symptoms you listed and if so how long did you had them?

Last edited:
I hate that this is going on for you man. You will be in my prayers!

Any idea why this happened? I mean can you really pinpoint what caused it? Or just everything you've done has contributed?

Sorry to hear the bad news bro. Hope everything goes good for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Damn bro sry to hear that man ,, keep positive an do what u gotta do !

I put off getting labs done for way too long....about 2 months ago I had to stop prepping for a contest because my body just wasn't responding. I went to get labs done and after the results was rushed to the ER. I was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis and stopped prep. Fast forward 2 months and I'm throwing up every day and cramping. I went to the ER again and my numbers were off the charts, creatinine 15 and BUN was 190 with potassium very low. After a biopsy i find out I have the disease abbrveiated FSGS.....the same thing flex wheeler, Alonzo mourning and Sean Elliot all had/have. There is no cure and currently they don't really know what causes it. Over 80% of my kidneys are scarred. The doctors surgically inserted a catheter(sp) in my neck/clavicle to start dialysis. I will need a transplant in the next year, although inmay already have a living donor. Moral of the story....I've had this for years. Had I done blood work a year or two earlier I may have been able to slow down the disease, but now i have to Jump head first into treatment. So do you blood work every 6 months and look fornthese warning signs:

high blood pressure
swollen ankle/ankles
sour mouth taste
cramps
hiccups
edema
indigestion
bubbles in urine

Damn...I'm sorry to hear that, Plang. :(

That's great that you have a kidney donor. Hang in there.

Plang,
I'm praying for you!
Keep us posted on your progress!

Questions:
Did you have any pain in your lower back?
Did you have those symptoms you listed and if so how long did you had them?

My lower back would get tight after deadlifts and squats, but i always assumed it was muscles that were tight.

I would have swollen ankles any time I ran GH...so I assumed it was the GH. I was throwing up a lot for a month or so.

As far as cycles I think it definitely contributed to the disease but
I was told by my nephrologist that it was a contributing factor but not the cause....if anything it accelerated the disease.

Sorry to hear this hopefully everyone heeds you plea to get that bloodwork done often

high blood pressure
swollen ankle/ankles
sour mouth taste
cramps
hiccups
edema
indigestion
bubbles in urine

uncontrolled blood pressure is one of the main cause of kidney failure,

i have the same thing happening now, my blood pressure was 228/ 118 and i didnt know til it was to late.
yes i have the metal taste,hiccups, looks like i piss soap, cramps and the ankles would be swollen if i wasnt dieting.

have to have the fistula put in my arm soon, going to the doc thurs to see when we can have it done. my doc told me if i didnt have it put in i would need what you have had done in my neck, you cant shower with it in and told me it's a pain in the ass.

i have had this now going on 10 yrs my Creatinine was at 1.8 for the longest time then last yr i had two other surgeries and then they started to jump to 3.7 to 5.4 and now 6.6.

i am on the Donner list now, did all my testing for it and now waiting, it sucks big time cause it hinders what we love to do.

just like you my body isnt responding know matter what i do, very tired all the time, out of breath real fast, cant do much of anyhting but i still do what i can.

everyone needs to get tested and make sure this doesnt happen to them, it isnt a good feeling at all to feel helpless and tired all the time.

Just wanted to add....just because u don't feel bad doesn't mean something isn't wrong. My numbers when i came in were God awful....and besides when I was cramping and throwing up, I felt perfectly fine. The doctors were very suprised because visually i looked ok. One doctor told menthay because i was in such good shape my body got used to my "bad blood" so to speak.

man sorry to hear this bro u be in my prayers hope u get well soon

uncontrolled blood pressure is one of the main cause of kidney failure.

i have had this now going on 10 yrs my Creatinine was at 1.8 for the longest time then last yr i had two other surgeries and then they started to jump to 3.7 to 5.4 and now 6.6.

i am on the Donner list now, did all my testing for it and now waiting, it sucks big time cause it hinders what we love to do.

just like you my body isnt responding know matter what i do, very tired all the time, out of breath real fast, cant do much of anyhting but i still do what i can.

everyone needs to get tested and make sure this doesnt happen to them, it isnt a good feeling at all to feel helpless and tired all the time.
wow 6.6? I guess 15 is really bad...the catheter is annoying but u can shower if it's covered. I get a fistula in on Friday....

Plang- Sorry to hear this brother. I will keep you in my prayers friend.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131