over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Mountain Dog Diet? Feedback appreciated

SL1CED

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Read his stuff, love his stuff. About to start my first bulk on legitimately dosed steroids, and HGH.

5'10, 197lbs, 7% body fat. Fresh off of no drugs this week, was previously on a primo, tren, mast, var, halo mixture. Dieted off of 275 protein, 0 carbs, minimal fats for the past 3 weeks with cardio at 30 minutes a day in the morning fasted.

Workout days: About 240 Protein, 110 Fat, 130 Carbs
Breakfast
3 Whole Eggs
3oz Ground Turkey Thigh or 1 Chicken Andouille Sausage and Fish Oil
1 Small Banana

Pre-Workout
1 Slice Ezekiel Bread with 1 tablespoon Cashew Butter
1 Small Banana with 1 tablespoon Cashew Butter
5oz Exotic Meat(Elk, Buffalo, Venison, or Ostrich)

OR

Chobani Yogurt
Ezekiel Bread with 2 tablespoon Cashew Butter
3-4oz Exotic Meat(Elk, Buffalo, Venison or Ostrich)

Post-Workout
1.5c Liquid Egg Whites

Post-Workout #2
Steamed Rice with Chicken, Pineapple, Mixed Nuts(Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pine Nuts, Macademia Nuts)

OR

3pc Sushi, Chobani Yogurt, Salad with Mixed Nuts

Meal 5:
Baked Meatloaf(composed of Ground Turkey Thigh & Grass Fed Beef or Ground Buffalo Meat) binded by eggs and peanut butter with salad & balsamic vinagrette.

OR

Wild Alaskan Salmon with salad & balsamic vinagrette

Meal 6:
3 Whole Eggs with 3oz Exotic Meat(Elk, Buffalo, Venison, Ostrich or Anteloupe)

Rest Day(1): 275 Protein, 75 Fat, 35 Carb
Breakfast:
1c Kashi Go Lean Cereal
3 Whole Eggs with 1c Egg Whites

Meal 2 & 3
Baked Meatloaf
Green Vegetables

Meal 4 & 5
Sea Bass baked with Coconut Oil or Grass-Fed Butter melted
Green Vegetables

** Just about all meals have grilled onion and celery stew that I prepare with kimchi. I put it in my eggs, meatloaf, etc. **

Training: 6 days a week Big Beyond Belief(~30 minutes per WO) + 1 mile Sprint PWO
Drugs: 600mg(Defiant Labs) EQ, 300mg(Strango Meds) NPP, 150mg Defiant Test E, 6iu HGH(2iu Serostim, 4iu Riptropin ED dosed 3/3)

Looks beautiful.

A couple of things.

Focus ALOT of your carbs around training. Your pretraining is very good. Some carbs to get insulin rising, and then some fat to avoid reactive hypoglycemia.

During your workout, raise insulin via fast acting carbs to prevent muscle breakdown as best you can.

You want to destroy the muscle when you train it.....BUUUUUT do not let your body get so inflammed it does more damage then good. Instead of digging the ditch 10 feet down and then building it back up, dig it down 3 feet, and then build it up and beyond where you were. The insulin will act as an anticatabolic in this instance.

Also you drive your free amino acid pool during training - turn on protein synthesis. A combo of casein hydrolysate and Leucine is a great way to do this.

Postworkout I would eat 2 cups of rice for a guy your size. Your muscle cells are primed to take in glucose from the training (non insulin mediated Glut-4 translocation), and the insulin mediated...you will not get fat from any carbs around this time! Also obviosuly good clean source of protein here.

The rest of the day looks great...eggs, good meats that you described..veggies. etc. To gain weight, just add carbs to other meals one meal at a time until you find sweet spot.

Hope this helps,

JM

Looks beautiful.

A couple of things.

Focus ALOT of your carbs around training. Your pretraining is very good. Some carbs to get insulin rising, and then some fat to avoid reactive hypoglycemia.

During your workout, raise insulin via fast acting carbs to prevent muscle breakdown as best you can.

You want to destroy the muscle when you train it.....BUUUUUT do not let your body get so inflammed it does more damage then good. Instead of digging the ditch 10 feet down and then building it back up, dig it down 3 feet, and then build it up and beyond where you were. The insulin will act as an anticatabolic in this instance.

Also you drive your free amino acid pool during training - turn on protein synthesis. A combo of casein hydrolysate and Leucine is a great way to do this.

Postworkout I would eat 2 cups of rice for a guy your size. Your muscle cells are primed to take in glucose from the training (non insulin mediated Glut-4 translocation), and the insulin mediated...you will not get fat from any carbs around this time! Also obviosuly good clean source of protein here.

The rest of the day looks great...eggs, good meats that you described..veggies. etc. To gain weight, just add carbs to other meals one meal at a time until you find sweet spot.

Hope this helps,

JM

The man himself replies? Sounds fantastic, my man.

Anyways, I was going to start off with 1.25c rice and load up on the pineapple portion. That's a carb source also. THe breakdown is about 20 carbs breakfast, 40 or so pre-workout, and the other 70 post-post workout.

Progressively, I FORGOT to mention how I intend to go through plateaus. I'm adding about 10g Amino Acids + 30g pineapple juice in my workouts after about 3-5 weeks depending on rate of progress, after that it's more carbs from rice/pineapple post-workout, after that it's another small snack of protein/fat NO carbs(like ~3oz specialty meat with some nuts, or perhaps just a chunky piece of sausage). I prefer NOT to cheat on bulks.

FYI, exoticmeats, fossilfarms is where I go. I purchase a relatively bulk portion(to where free shipping is accounted for, you'll see why once you go to checkout LOL) and use it for 4-5 months at a time. I have alpaca, yak, elk, venison, buffalo, ostrich on hand. Ground meat, steak patties, and a couple of sausage links here and there.

Also, egg wise I use a combination of duck, emu, and free range chicken eggs.

Last edited:
Looks beautiful.

A couple of things.

Hope this helps,

JM

john, i feel like when i ingest carbs during my workout then post-workout cardio doesn't serve its purpose. being that you advocate most of your carbs around and during workouts, do you recommend cardio postworkout or at another time???? its very difficult for me to do cardio in the morning as i don't have equipment at home and start work very early.

john, i feel like when i ingest carbs during my workout then post-workout cardio doesn't serve its purpose. being that you advocate most of your carbs around and during workouts, do you recommend cardio postworkout or at another time???? its very difficult for me to do cardio in the morning as i don't have equipment at home and start work very early.

John hates post-workout cardio ;)

John hates cardio in general :D

Hows emu eggs? I have some emu oil that I use as an anti inflammatory.

This may help you. I should have worded the question better but I was tired as shit when I wrote it ( 50+ hour work weeks and I commute ).

My question.

Sorry for such a simple question but I have searched and have not found a direct answer to this question. I know there are a million and one factors, I am just asking this generally speaking.

If one was to use a intra workout drink ( MG powdered muscle as a example ) but has limited time to hit the gym and must do weights fallowed by cardio how would the carbs intra workout effect or would it effect one trying to cut down ( average guy who enjoys lifting, slow cut about a pound per week nothing to serious ). From my understanding carbs intra workout help kick start the recovery process, help transport supplements during the workout ( correct me if I am wrong ) and such a small amount should in reality have very little impact ( granted daily macros are in check ) on fat loss ( maybe saving the last 1/3 of the shake till I am done with cardio )?

Sorry if its a cluster fuck I am terrible at trying to explain things, and its been a very long work week already.

Scott's very detailed answer.

Well, I tried to address the factors that might help one make a call about this in that article, but it's hard to cover everything.

So, some thoughts.

It's the amino acids (especially EAA's) / protein that will have the truly substantial positive effect on protein turnover that you're looking for with an intra-workout supplement.

The carbs can be there as well for a couple reasons (and theoretically others but the research is a bit iffy):

-You feel better and can train harder when taking in a carb-containing drink, esp. if you've been on a low carb diet. Some guys find this isn't the case, others do and some get sleep / groggy from those carbs.

-If your carbs are VERY low and you're training with a very high volume (lots of sets and reps), then the carbs will help with replenishment of glycogen between sets and keep glycogen levels full(er) and perhaps prevent you from kind of "bonking" during you workout. This would be noticeable if, for instance, you'd do a set and the weight will feel like you've got, say, 12 reps in you and when you get to rep 8-9, the weight just kind of stops moving. Also, your pump is less and you feel less of a lactic acid burn.

This is NOT a problem for most guys if you're adequately replenishing carbs elsewhere in the diet, but taking them in during training is one way to do that. This an be a smart way to do so b/c: 1.) muscle damage from exercise can tend to reduce the muscle's ability to take up carbs, so getting them in early before the insult of training and inflammation has started makes sense and 2.) The contractions of the workout will keep the muscle in a highly receptive state for glycogen replenishment.

----

As far as whether this will slow fat loss, it will depend (as you said) on the rest of your diet, cardio, etc. much more so than whether you have you carbs during you workout, IMO. Some guys (many) find that fasted cardio (or with just EAAs or BCAAs) seems to work best for fat loss whereas others do not. If you're basing a diet on keeping insulin levels low except for periodic (only 1-2 x / week - Carb-up meals / days), then avoiding the carbs during the workout might fit with your strategy. If you're eating a higher carb diet then intra or post-wo carbs would probably be fine.

The main things are, IMO, really:

-Get the rest of the diet, training and cardio on point.

-Figure out what the need for carbs during the workout would be (bonking/ glycogen repleshment, psychological, blood glucose-wise, etc.)

-Experiment to see if fasted cardio is the way to go for you. Time of day will matter here, too - if you had carbs at 3PM and are training at 5PM, the carbs in a couple scoops of MG's powdered muscle aren't going to matter much b/c of the lingering effects of insulin on fuel use. If you're training fasted in the AM, then those carbs will have a more dramatic effect (SEE BELOW) on insulin, etc.) vs. not having them.

-You're right - those carbs in MG's PM are probably a drop in the bucket. The answer (carbs vs. no carbs) might be different if you were comparing taking in >100g during the workout, for instance.

-Scott

Intra workout carbs and post workout cardio - IntenseMuscle.com

the man is helping me become a better athlete at 43 then i was at 33 just smoked all events in my strongman comp over the weekend even with the worst cold i have had in years . i had certain numbers wanted to hit in each event and left alot out there for another day all workouts are great with tons of energy

I like cardio post workout or after breakfast. If I have food in me my temp gets elevated quicker and I sweat more. That's just me... Long as u get ur cardio in its fine. Don't sweat when ur doing it

If your looking to drop, have some carbs pre workout, intra stick to some bcaa and or the hyrdo wheys John mentioned, I like the BCAA Plus from TN it also has protein in it. Do your cardio then consume carbs post cardio. Wont interfere with fat loss if thats the goal.

If your looking to drop, have some carbs pre workout, intra stick to some bcaa and or the hyrdo wheys John mentioned, I like the BCAA Plus from TN it also has protein in it. Do your cardio then consume carbs post cardio. Wont interfere with fat loss if thats the goal.

this is what i've been doing. i have a meal with carbs within an hour before my workout. then i train high volume while sipping on bcaa's. i haven't had any trouble getting through my training and cardio.

Don't sweat WHAT TIME OF DAY you do it, I think was what he was getting at.

Let's see this meatloaf recipe!

Don't sweat WHAT TIME OF DAY you do it, I think was what he was getting at.

Let's see this meatloaf recipe!

Yes, sir. It all depends on volume of protein, fat, etc. you want. For me it's my heavy meal, lots of fat, moderately high protein. This is what I use:

-Ground Turkey Thigh(1/2 of meat in meatloaf)
-Grass Fed Beef or Ground Buffalo Meat(1/2 of meat in meatloaf)
-2 eggs per 3lb of raw meat to bind
- 1.5 tablespoon of PB(I prefer crunchy in meatloaf as opposed to smooth cashew I like to eat right out of the tub) per 3lb of raw meat to bind
- Onion, Celery, Kale stew flavored with kimchi and vinegar generally(about 2oz per LB of raw meat)
-1/4c mixed nuts(generally pine, macademia, cashew for me) per 1lb of raw meat to help bind also.

Mash this, pre-set your oven to 350, let it bake for 60-90 minutes depending on how much you cooked, let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy.

FYI I make about 6-9lbs every 5 or so days.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear