over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bodybuilding is The ULTIMATE Mind-Fuck!

BigNShredded

Banned
Bodybuilding is the biggest mind-fuck of all-time! A little bit of water and I feel FAT, a little loss of glycogen and I feel SMALL!! One day I feel like Arnold and then the next day I feel like my whole appearance has changed.

To some extent, being obsessive compulsive and even somewhat narcissistic goes with the territory of this artform/lifestyle/sport. Does anyone else feel that we get even CRAZIER as time goes by?

Last edited:
This is why even the smart people get a good coach that knows their body come contest time...

This is why even the smart people get a good coach that knows their body come contest time...

John is right Ross. Hire a good coach. Makes a night and day difference... Just follow the plan to a tee and don't second guess... Amazing changes happen quickly

How about the side effects?

Acne, gyno, hairloss?

I get a zit and I have a mini panic attack. I start thinking about popping accutane again since I have a stock pile of it. But I hate the side effects it gives me.

Then you think about if you need to change some compounds around or add in an AI.

Balancing all that out can be a bitch. Then you think hmmmm maybe I'll just cruise for a while and take it easy, but then you won't be as big so you don't want to just yet!

FUCK!

Guys--I know my body EXTREMELY well. Not saying that I wouldn't or couldn't benefit from some coaching, but I wasn't really talking about that; I was talking more about the psychological aspects of this lifestyle and how critical bodybuilding inherently is. We have to analyze our bodies under a miscroscope--all day, every day, for years and years. It get's exhausting at times, but in the end, the reward of having a beautiful and artfully sculpted physique is well worth it.

Guys--I know my body EXTREMELY well. Not saying that I wouldn't or couldn't benefit from some coaching, but I wasn't really talking about that; I was talking more about the psychological aspects of this lifestyle and how critical bodybuilding inherently is. We have to analyze our bodies under a miscroscope--all day, every day, for years and years. It get's exhausting at times, but in the end, the reward of having a beautiful and artfully sculpted physique is well worth it.

That is the point of a coach. You take pics every few days in the same light same positions and you send them to your coach.

He adjusts your diet and workout. You follow the diet and workouts and don't stress over analyzing your body every 10 mins in the mirror.

These leaves you free form the mind fvck you are talking about.

i know that i wont do a prep again without hiring someone. not so much that i dont know my body or what to do, its dealing with the mind fuck that youre talking about. you really need an objective eye to tell you what to do next, especially the closer you get. or at least i do.

Gets the worst for me when I start carb cycling when I'm closer to conditioning. Rarely get into a good groove. Always either feel flat or bloated the scale is always fluctuating and my bowel movements aren't always regular. Can get myself in great shape but having a coach would definitely take away from the mind fuck aspect somewhat.

Dont fuck with your mind but listen to your mind hehe.. sounds like you going through some obsessive compulsive disorder about how you look?

Last edited:
Bodybuilding is the biggest mind-fuck of all-time! A little bit of water and I feel FAT, a little loss of glycogen and I feel SMALL!! One day I feel like Arnold and then the next day I feel like my whole appearance has changed.

To some extent, being obsessive compulsive and even somewhat narcissistic goes with the territory of this artform/lifestyle/sport. Does anyone else feel that we get even CRAZIER as time goes by?

Trust me it just gets worser as contest prep goes along....ALOT worse....id prepare for it now if your working by yourself, especially with the added mix of hormones in around the last few weeks, the nervousness of thinking if your good enough to win, if you've brought a decent enough package...anything different you could have done, a coach does help big time i tell you that, but even then as humans and bodybuilders we dont stop worrying and being crazy....but atleast within a trainer you have a guy with experience, a guy who is not afraid to change things if needed, a 3rd eye who is always watching and re-assuring you

I dont know if i am alone in saying this, but 3 years in a row...i have not felt lean enough or good enough for competition, i am very very insecure about my body and always have been....i look at my pics 3 months post competition and cant believe how lean i was...last year i stood the ONLY person on stage with glutes, seriously, and i thought i was fat...(i worked with Alex A that year) and you know how shredded his clients come in

Fight the hard times brother, its what builds us as men :cool:

Does anyone else feel that we get even CRAZIER as time goes by?

No, because I've grown up and realised that there are more important things in life than the way my body looks at all times.

The exception is competition obviously, as I never feel good enough and I end up doing stupid things unless there is a voice of reason with me all day every day.

Don't try to make judgments and adjustments on a daily basis during prep. You will be forced to very close to the show, but when you are a ways out, don't scrutinize and micromanage yourself more than once or twice a week. That helps me a lot, trust in your plan, make adjustments on a periodic basis.

No, because I've grown up and realised that there are more important things in life than the way my body looks at all times.

The exception is competition obviously, as I never feel good enough and I end up doing stupid things unless there is a voice of reason with me all day every day.

Very wise words there. Im not quite at that stage as yet but I have noticed that I am getting older I am more relaxed and noticing that there is more to life. Trust me these words are coming from someone who has been extremely vain in the past

Some wise words there....

My traning, diet and rest has all been off, down about 6 pds.
Went to a biker rally saturday and was told I look like the hulk about 10 different times and took as many pictures with people that were amaized with my physic.
Never happy, never satisfied even in the top 99.9% of the normalls.
Cant wait for next week!!!

Seeing what differant adjustments do to my body facinates the shit out of me , im always amazed at what a fw days without carbs can do then a big carbs day what happens next , how long it takes to smooth out after , manipulating my water and sodium around , i watch and see what does what and make a mental note of that for later so if i wake up 2-3 weeks out watery as hell i can stop and think what i had done the last couple days to cause that
doing all this actualy helps to put my mind at ease because i know that generaly its a simple little isse that can be fixed quickly and easly.

All that said it'll be a good while before i try to do my own contest prep again , at least the last 4-5 weeks , when you get super critical of yourslef and think you need to make changes because the minds eye doesnt see it , i think it takes many seasons to calm yourself down enough to deal with that.

Having a second set of trained eyes looking at you letting you know that you are still losing fat or drying out properly is invaluble

Since you're pretty damn lean already if i were you i would start playing with differant "peak week" stratagies and apply them to see how they work and let you tweek it a little so that come time for a show you know exactly how your body is gonna react to and when water is cut , carbs are added and so on

Wise words from a very wise man

Always smart to have a good prep coach. I've done my own diets a couple of times and looked pretty good but I always find that you will always be your own harshest critic so people will tend to over diet themselves. Having that unbiased eye REALLY helps alot. I know I'm all whacked out come contest time and my wife isn't any better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws