YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you care about the quality of your eggs?

Do you buy high quality eggs?

• Nah, eggs are eggs bro.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I do buy a higher quality egg

Votes: 42 60.0%

• Total voters

MrSaturatedFat

Registered
I go out of my way to make sure I have high quality meat sources. 90/10 ground beef at a minimum, I even buy Perdue chicken from the stores. I've handled lower quality chicken($1.78/lb walmart brand) and you can literally feel the difference between the two. Yes I pay A LOT more for the Perdue, but I think its superior.

But 1 thing I haven't changed in a while is my eggs. I eat 12 whites/day so for convenience, I just buy 8 dozen at a time. I do buy the cheep eggs though, $1.58 (I think) a dozen because its been hard to justify buying the $2.25 Egglands Omega Eggs.

So I'm asking yall, What eggs do you eat? Are eggs just eggs? or do you believe a higher priced/quality egg is much better for you and the health benefits outweigh the price?

Eggs are certainly not "just eggs", they are not all created equal. That's a pretty ignorant (and incorrect) phrase.

Always buy the best quality stuff you can afford, in order of priority. If you eat 6-12 eggs a day, you should probably buy better quality eggs.

If you eat only whites, why are you wasting the yolks every time?

Last edited:
What I meant by "are eggs just eggs" is do you care about the small differences between the 2? The 10 calorie difference? the 1 grams of protein difference? I know my roommate eats a lot of eggs and he says to me its so minor... it doesn't even make a difference.

I've ate a lot of eggs and certainly taste has never been a factor, they've all tasted the same to me lol.

EDIT: I'm cutting now so I maybe will add 1 or 2 yolks. Eating all 12 yolks just fucks up the macro ratios, I dont need all that fat/calories. I like to get the fat from other sources throughout the day.

Last edited:
What I meant by "are eggs just eggs" is do you care about the small differences between the 2? The 10 calorie difference? the 1 grams of protein difference? I know my roommate eats a lot of eggs and he says to me its so minor... it doesn't even make a difference.

I've ate a lot of eggs and certainly taste has never been a factor, they've all tasted the same to me lol.

EDIT: I'm cutting now so I maybe will add 1 or 2 yolks. Eating all 12 yolks just fucks up the macro ratios, I dont need all that fat/calories. I like to get the fat from other sources throughout the day.

You're asking about two different things. The macros are the most *basic* elements of the egg.

Quantity vs Quality.. **broken link removed**

Free range organic Polyface Eggs with the USDA standard egg:

Polyface Farm vitamin E: 7.37 mg
USDA vitamin E: 0.97 mg

Vitamin A: 763 IU
USDA vitamin A: 487 IU

Beta carotene: 76.2 mcg
USDA beta carotene: 10 mcg

Folate: 10200 mcg
USDA folate: 47 mcg

Omega-3s
: 0.71 g
USDA omega-3s: 0.033g

Cholesterol: 292 mg
USDA cholesterol: 423 mg

Saturated Fat: 2.31 g
USDA saturated fat: 3.1 g

Last edited:
Im already broke buying food, i definately cannot afford adding top tier eggs to my list

This is more of a freshness than quality thing, but I try to make sure to buy from the local egg farm instead of grocery stores usually its actually cheaper, and i know the eggs were laid that same morning. Also the egg farms sells 'doubles' which is basically twins two yolks in one eggs i love those!

absolutely I care !!!

I only eat free ranging eggs from my parents chickens , they wonder around the yard and woods eatin whatever they can find , like nature meant them too.

the only "feed" they are given is maybe 1/2 a cup for 20+ chickens thats rattled in a coffee can to call them to the coup each evening.

I due use the liquid egg whites though simply because I can't see wasting all that precious yolks !!!

the taste between a true yard egg and a cheap egg is amazing the yolk is bigger , thicker and has. MUCH more rich dense flavor! the only thing I like better than fresh yard eggs is when I sneak down to their pond and steal a few fresh goose eggs !!

If I had unlimited funds, I'd buy the best organic I could get. But, I don't, therefor I buy the cheapest. I don't think it makes much difference. The protein content is an average. It is also rounded off. There could in reality, be little if any difference. The vits are interesting, but not sure if it is significant.

That was a good article sluggy.

What irritates me is I can easily find articles like this;

**broken link removed**

Free-range eggs are no more nutritious than their battery alternatives, claims study | Mail Online

Don't get me wrong, I'm agreeing with you. I think that chickens who are fed a natural diet, lay better eggs than ones that eat dog shit and corn meal all day long.

I think it does comes down what you can afford, of course, and buying from a local farm for proof of what your getting.

I absolutely care - I buy my eggs from a local farmer, organic brown 30 eggs for $2.47 and jumbo white, 100 for $12.25. Myself and my family are sold on the freshness of the eggs. I have some egg whites from sams club I use when I'm in a hurry and I almost can't stomach them anymore.

That was a good article sluggy.

What irritates me is I can easily find articles like this;

**broken link removed**

Free-range eggs are no more nutritious than their battery alternatives, claims study | Mail Online

Don't get me wrong, I'm agreeing with you. I think that chickens who are fed a natural diet, lay better eggs than ones that eat dog shit and corn meal all day long.

I think it does comes down what you can afford, of course, and buying from a local farm for proof of what your getting.

For every study showing one thing you can find three more saying the total opposite!!
Just depends on who is funding the test

Thats why i dont even bother looking at that shit anymore

For every study showing one thing you can find three more saying the total opposite!!

Once I learned how to really use the internet, this was the 1 thing that stood out the most.

I actually found an article one day saying multi vitamins are no good for you, something about no long term studies done, lol. Then at the bottom I'm sure was a product he was selling stating "his" work though, hahah.

eggology egg whites or organic free range vegetarian grain fed

Get two glasses and put them side by side.

Break a cheap "factory" egg into one, and a free range egg into the other.

Look, smell, and taste the two eggs.

If you can't tell the difference, then don't spend the extra $.

To me, there's no comparison - almost as if they were completely different foods. The only similarity I notice is they both have shells, whites, and yolks, and there are obvious differences in all three.

Couldn't have said it any better! Truth at its purest. Every single study done is so corrupt and trying to prove a point to a person who is trying to market a product... Sad truth

Cage free eggs cost only about $1 more.

just because they arn't kept in a little cage doesnt mean they arent fed cheap shitty food!!

when animals are allowed to roam free and eat natural foods you have to take into account "land carrying capacity" meaning that you can only put so many animals on a given area , it would take many many acres to allow 5,000 chickens to find their own food , but you can stuff 5,000 chickens in a 1 acre building and feed them feed and call their eggs "cage free"

I like the taste of cage free eggs from my local farmers market! Much better than store bought.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws