how does hydrocodone affect your mind??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm prescribed hydrocodone for pain and 10mg ever 3-4 hrs as needed for pain , well untill the last couple days I would only take one at bed time so I wouldent constantly waking due to disscomfornt

anyway lately pain has increased a good bit and I take one during the day and it strait out pisses me off , I mean aside for beings bit more aggitated and easly aggrivated with people , I'm just strait out fucking mean when I take this stuff!!

I feel like a mean dog just waiting for sombody to get close enough for me to bite , it's like I find myself looking for a reason to snap at sombody

tren and halo together doesn't even come close to making me this much of an asshole-a-sauraus

does anybody else have this issue?

or better yet can anybody recomend anything else? the dr mentioned OxyContin but I've see alot of people totally fucked up from that stuff granted it was from abuse

Vicodin also makes me noticeably irritable and aggressive but initially slightly euphoric, motivated, talkative, and energetic(ya hyper, go figure) but the bad part kicks in not too long afterwards. Tylenol 3(with codeine) was the worst, no positives, just irritable as hell! It really never ceases to amaze me how differently people can react to drugs.

Oxycontin is painkiller without any acetaminophen or ibuprofen added. That is strange about how you react to them. I get very hyper like I took some efedra and can get a ton of work done like I took ridalin.

Stay away from oxy's if you have an addictive personality or if you expect to take them for an extended time period. I never take them for more than 5-7 days when I have an injury that prevents me from sleeping.

Have you used other pain killers....what effect did you have on them with aggression if you have used other types?

Oxycontin is a HUGE leap from hydrocodone. Tramadol would be a possible alternative. It comes in 50mg tablets and 100mg extended release tabs. It is not an opiate, like hydrocodone or oxycontin, but it acts on your bodies opioid receptors just like opiates do. What exactly were you diagnosed with? That will determine what would be a better alternative for you. I am a registered pharmacist, so prescription medications are kind of my thing ;) Not putting down your physician, but if he actually recommended oxycontin if the hydrocodone doesn't work, he is an idiot. The next step up from 10mg of hydrocodone, would be 5mg of percocet(oxycodone immediate release). Now you might be asking, "well oxycontin IS oxycodone, but just an extended release version, right?" well technically yes, it is, but their effects on all fronts are COMPLETELY different. If 5mg percocet doesn't work, there is also 7.5 and 10mg available. If that doesn't work, the next step up would be morphine sulfate. That is also made in immediate and extended release. There are many many other options. Sometimes too, well quite often actually, physicians will prescribe something like morphine IR for the breakthrough pain that you need relief from asap, and also an extended release version to help control the overall pain. You would take the extended release morphine(MS Contin) daily, no matter what, and you would use the morphine IR only as you need it.

Last edited:
I'm prescribed hydrocodone for pain and 10mg ever 3-4 hrs as needed for pain , well untill the last couple days I would only take one at bed time so I wouldent constantly waking due to disscomfornt

anyway lately pain has increased a good bit and I take one during the day and it strait out pisses me off , I mean aside for beings bit more aggitated and easly aggrivated with people , I'm just strait out fucking mean when I take this stuff!!

I feel like a mean dog just waiting for sombody to get close enough for me to bite , it's like I find myself looking for a reason to snap at sombody

tren and halo together doesn't even come close to making me this much of an asshole-a-sauraus

does anybody else have this issue?

or better yet can anybody recomend anything else? the dr mentioned OxyContin but I've see alot of people totally fucked up from that stuff granted it was from abuse

Opiates give me huge confidence, also euphoric feeling. When it starts to fade I become irritable like coming off adderal or similar. Benzos make me irritable on the come down as well.

I have been taking it for years...for migraines...yes at times makes me irritable..like high dose tren .. I used to warn my girl friend that I felt bad from the drugs,,,so forgive me when I open my big fat mouth please :mad:

Thats odd, me and just about everyone i know get a euphoric feeling and energized. Puts me in a fantastic mood, as it should because its an opiate. Very weird reaction

Thats odd, me and just about everyone i know get a euphoric feeling and energized. Puts me in a fantastic mood, as it should because its an opiate. Very weird reaction

I am like Gunsmith...makes me pissy, I hate how it makes me feel, and it messes with my stomach sometimes. Percocet is similar, but I'm not quite so irritable, and my stomach is fine. Morphine and fentanyl would be my 2 preferences :)

I've been on and off Oxycontin for almost 5 years now.
I have never been addicted to anything, but I am physically dependent on oxycontin and go through withdrawals when I discontinue it.

I have seen everyone around me destroy their lives with it, and I mean everyone. I had friends in pain management using vicodin for years without much issue, then switched to oxy and all hell broke loose.

At first it is motivating, euphoric, and amazing. You feel everything in your life is enhanced and you can do anything you want to. It is highly psychologically addicted for those that seek motivation. Everything becomes sharper and better, confidence goes through the roof.
After time goes by, it varies from person to person, took me four years.... but the effects slowly begin to turn around to the opposite. Memory issues, irritability, loss of libido, lack of motivation, feeling of being hopeless and in despair.
I never believed it myself, never believed it would get me.... it was just too good, I must be special with my reaction I thought. My recovered addict friend said that is how he was.... for 7 years, then one day it just started going completely down hill. He said I would see, and I said I didn't believe him.

Every single person I know that has used it heavily is in and out of rehab or currently in jail. Not one person has made it out. I am still under pain management, so I get to pretend it doesn't affect me.... but I am coming off again in a week. Maybe this time I will stay off. :rolleyes:

I go a few weeks clean (without telling my doctor), feel pain everywhere, feel good about not being dependent.... then start taking them again when the pain is starts making me angry then ultimately frustrated and depressed.
I keep saying when will be a good time to come off.... once my business goes in this direction, once I finish these classes, once I get this degree, etc.... but I don't. I still yearn for that feeling I got the first four years, that feeling that I will never get again no matter how many I take, yet my brain is programmed to think it will if I do take them.

It's really weird to see yourself do this. I felt like I was having an out of body experience watching myself take pills again after being off for a while. My first moment in life where my willpower just didn't exist.

Sorry if this sounds dramatic... but it sort of is for me. I really, really, didn't think I would end like these 'losers', I'm way better than that and never succumbed to any weakness before. Things are different now.
It's really hard to stay sober when you know you are going to feel really painful, weak, and sad every single moment of every day for at least 6 months. Believe me when I say by the 7th day you will feel like you accomplished it all and deserve to take more, lol.

vicious cycle.

If you're actually in pain you might not experience the euphoria that most users get. But the HC isnt going to do ANYTHING for your problem only the symptoms, and you have a good chance of becoming dependent on it, plus it kills your test levels.

I have a friend who finally got off opiates and now is addicted to suboxone and xanax(Doctor prescribed).. Its a vicious cycle for sure.

Last edited:
Avoid opiates at all costs.

Oxycontin is a HUGE leap from hydrocodone. Tramadol would be a possible alternative. It comes in 50mg tablets and 100mg extended release tabs. It is not an opiate, like hydrocodone or oxycontin, but it acts on your bodies opioid receptors just like opiates do. What exactly were you diagnosed with? That will determine what would be a better alternative for you. I am a registered pharmacist, so prescription medications are kind of my thing ;) Not putting down your physician, but if he actually recommended oxycontin if the hydrocodone doesn't work, he is an idiot. The next step up from 10mg of hydrocodone, would be 5mg of percocet(oxycodone immediate release). Now you might be asking, "well oxycontin IS oxycodone, but just an extended release version, right?" well technically yes, it is, but their effects on all fronts are COMPLETELY different. If 5mg percocet doesn't work, there is also 7.5 and 10mg available. If that doesn't work, the next step up would be morphine sulfate. That is also made in immediate and extended release. There are many many other options. Sometimes too, well quite often actually, physicians will prescribe something like morphine IR for the breakthrough pain that you need relief from asap, and also an extended release version to help control the overall pain. You would take the extended release morphine(MS Contin) daily, no matter what, and you would use the morphine IR only as you need it.

Actually tramadal is a FULLY-SYNTHETIC opiod and has the same negative effects that all opiates have; they lower your testosterone and GH output, as they suppress your hypothalamus and your memory goes to shit.

I have been on and off opiates the last 10 years due to being ran-the-fuck-over and having suffered pain issues. I am dependant as hell on them and am struggling to come off. My relationship with my fiance of 4 years has gone to shit because of me and my dependance to these drugs.

Once you turn off your natural endorphines, the opiates are all you have. If you are taking these, do not take them every day. I would say 3-4 days a week is the absolute only safe way to take them, with a day in between for recovery.

Actually tramadal is a FULLY-SYNTHETIC opiod and has the same negative effects that all opiates have; they lower your testosterone and GH output, as they suppress your hypothalamus and your memory goes to shit.

Exactly.

Most opiates make me nasty, and the pain keeps comming back faster, so as needed becomes part of the addiction. If your injured than they have their place. But please be careful

The Dr that wants to prescribe Oxy is workmans comp asshole , my personal surgen say to take an absolute minimum about of pain killers.

I've been bitching to worker comp about the pain cause it's a loose body in the joint causing it and only surgery is gonna fix it but these assholes don't think surgery is needed (painkillers are cheaper)

when I talker to them about a differant med cause of the side effects their answer was "we'll get you some Xanax to off set the sides"

I'm meeting with an attorney tomorrow to see what can be don't to hurry my surgery

ibuprofen at 800 mg every 4 hours does wonders for me. On back pain, Naproxin works well at the max dose. You could try toradol shots, those are pretty good and non narcotic, but maybe tough on the liver, or at least the oral likely is.

The Dr that wants to prescribe Oxy is workmans comp asshole , my personal surgen say to take an absolute minimum about of pain killers.

I've been bitching to worker comp about the pain cause it's a loose body in the joint causing it and only surgery is gonna fix it but these assholes don't think surgery is needed (painkillers are cheaper)

when I talker to them about a differant med cause of the side effects their answer was "we'll get you some Xanax to off set the sides"

I'm meeting with an attorney tomorrow to see what can be don't to hurry my surgery

Yes definitely get an attorney. Hell you could probably just threaten the workman's comp guy by saying you are going to call an attorney because you don't want the meds. I bet he'll change his attitude realquick. But then he will try to cut corners and not pay out what you deserve, so I would get the attorney for real. I can't stand how these prescription drugs are just handed out like candy to "mask" pain, when the REAL underlying issue is the person being injured and in need of surgery. I say sue the fuck out of those assholes. Me personally, I don't even like to take a BC powder unless absolutely necessary, which is very rare. I will admit though, the best workouts I have ever had... Get you about 2 scoops of jack3d (or your favorite pre-workout) and crush up a 20mg adderall and mix it in with the preworkout. Makes the best pre-workout EVER! I don't do it often though, maybe once a month on that day I really just don't feel like lifting shit lol

I've been on and off Oxycontin for almost 5 years now.
I have never been addicted to anything, but I am physically dependent on oxycontin and go through withdrawals when I discontinue it.

I have seen everyone around me destroy their lives with it, and I mean everyone. I had friends in pain management using vicodin for years without much issue, then switched to oxy and all hell broke loose.

At first it is motivating, euphoric, and amazing. You feel everything in your life is enhanced and you can do anything you want to. It is highly psychologically addicted for those that seek motivation. Everything becomes sharper and better, confidence goes through the roof.
After time goes by, it varies from person to person, took me four years.... but the effects slowly begin to turn around to the opposite. Memory issues, irritability, loss of libido, lack of motivation, feeling of being hopeless and in despair.
I never believed it myself, never believed it would get me.... it was just too good, I must be special with my reaction I thought. My recovered addict friend said that is how he was.... for 7 years, then one day it just started going completely down hill. He said I would see, and I said I didn't believe him.

Every single person I know that has used it heavily is in and out of rehab or currently in jail. Not one person has made it out. I am still under pain management, so I get to pretend it doesn't affect me.... but I am coming off again in a week. Maybe this time I will stay off. :rolleyes:

I go a few weeks clean (without telling my doctor), feel pain everywhere, feel good about not being dependent.... then start taking them again when the pain is starts making me angry then ultimately frustrated and depressed.
I keep saying when will be a good time to come off.... once my business goes in this direction, once I finish these classes, once I get this degree, etc.... but I don't. I still yearn for that feeling I got the first four years, that feeling that I will never get again no matter how many I take, yet my brain is programmed to think it will if I do take them.

It's really weird to see yourself do this. I felt like I was having an out of body experience watching myself take pills again after being off for a while. My first moment in life where my willpower just didn't exist.

Sorry if this sounds dramatic... but it sort of is for me. I really, really, didn't think I would end like these 'losers', I'm way better than that and never succumbed to any weakness before. Things are different now.
It's really hard to stay sober when you know you are going to feel really painful, weak, and sad every single moment of every day for at least 6 months. Believe me when I say by the 7th day you will feel like you accomplished it all and deserve to take more, lol.

vicious cycle.

^This is the truth, this is how bad the opiates are.

There are two groups of people spreading misinformation about the opiates: Doctors (AMA) and Addicts. Most addicts are in denial about addiction and exactly how bad what they are taking is. They will tell you that drugs like Vicodin are different than heroin, they are lying.

First, you have to understand, the number of people addicted to these drugs is UNDERESTIMATED by probably 10x or more (probably MUCH more).

Remember that they are all basically morphine. Heroin is morphine acetate. Codeine is a semi-synthetic version of morphine. Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are synthetic version of codeine. Fancy drugs like OxyContin are just time release Oxycodone.

The AMA will actually have you believe that drugs like hydrocodone are LESS addictive than heroin, this is a lie.

Most heroin users start on pain pills. Many heroin users would RATHER use pain pills, but their tolerance is too high or heroin is easier to find.

The irritability you are experiencing is just part of the withdrawal...

I try not to use painkillers if i can help it. I was prescribed hydrocodone as well after a 3 hr surgery but didnt take any

Id rather embrace the pain and let healing do its thing. Maybe im sick in the head

Silly doctors, pill for this pill for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member