over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ultimate leg blasting, quad gutting training info

PHIL HERNON

Banned
OK, catch your eye? Marketing! Sorry to dissapoint you guys and gals.......but here is the REAL way to build large muscles in the quad area.
1. Walk past the hack squat machine
2. Bypass the leg extension machine
3. Go to the squat rack.
Squats......2-3 times a week. 3-5 sets total.......heavy to light OR light to heavy.........switch it up......warm up well first......all working sets to failure........How far down? Vary the depth. Some reps go lower, some reps go higher.......IN THE SAME SET......got it? Go get it!

Great info... shame I won't be squatting for a while :( I had been squatting nearly every gym day recently with great success.

OK, catch your eye? Marketing! Sorry to dissapoint you guys and gals.......but here is the REAL way to build large muscles in the quad area.
3. Go to the squat rack.
Squats......2-3 times a week. 3-5 sets total.......heavy to light OR light to heavy.........switch it up......warm up well first......all working sets to failure........How far down? Vary the depth. Some reps go lower, some reps go higher.......IN THE SAME SET......got it? Go get it!
Phil, what do you think of many warm-ups then ONE, just one, balls-out work set til you almost hurl the contents of your gut on a particular movement?

3. Go to the squat rack.

Love it!

HEY!!!

Phil, what do you think of many warm-ups then ONE, just one, balls-out work set til you almost hurl the contents of your gut on a particular movement?

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! I personally think its ok.......if its all you have done before.....once you cross a line on quality OR quantity then you will need more sets............it works but it produces a limited result.

Phil, what would you say to me if I said squatting just hurts my lower back? I mean, I do feel it in my quads but I can never get to muscular failure in my quads because my lower back goes first.

Well

Phil, what would you say to me if I said squatting just hurts my lower back? I mean, I do feel it in my quads but I can never get to muscular failure in my quads because my lower back goes first.

This is where genetics come in......we all have a weak link. You can go lighter...vary the depth to fit your comfort level........less rest periods.....or do DB 1 leg at a time lunges as a last resort..........its kind of like 1 leg squats....do not take a far step forward........stay on same leg for whole set.

This is real deal right here, try it and reap the rewards.....

I did;)

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! I personally think its ok.......if its all you have done before.....once you cross a line on quality OR quantity then you will need more sets............it works but it produces a limited result.

I know... babies... what can a brother do?!? I have an 18 year old and an 18 month old!

Hope you've been good. I'll talk to you soon buddy.

My son I have doing ONE work set. He looking pretty phenomenal!

Phil,

What advice would you offer for a guy thaT has trouble getting his tear drop involved? My stance is shoulder width, toes slightly out, hip parallel to knee on depth.

Phil, what would you suggest for someone whose hands are not physically able to go back far enough to grip the bar to do squats? The only way I can do it is to place my hands at the far ends or on the plates even.

Phil, what would you suggest for someone whose hands are not physically able to go back far enough to grip the bar to do squats? The only way I can do it is to place my hands at the far ends or on the plates even.

dumbell rotator warmups, stretch your chest thoroughly after chest workouts and lightly a few times per week.

you have a flexability issue.. easily remedied with the above.

Last edited:

You need a safety squat bar if you can find one. I have a reconstructed shoulder and can still squat with a regular bar. I would use a safety squat bar every time I squatted if I had one myself.

Last edited:

Jose Raymond just recently had a little leg workout up on MD, he said he can't get his arms back far enough to do regular squats so he just does front squats.. I know I am not Phil, but just thought I would throw this at ya.

Yes

Jose Raymond just recently had a little leg workout up on MD, he said he can't get his arms back far enough to do regular squats so he just does front squats.. I know I am not Phil, but just thought I would throw this at ya.

Gosh I hate front squats. They choke me. I would find a safety squat bar or invest in one. Everyone should actually as its not comfortable getting those arms back.

Squats rule!!!!!! I am glad Phil threw in the vary depth piece too..so many people are so stuck on ATG, or perfect ROM, when it will vary for the person..

JM

Gosh I hate front squats. They choke me. I would find a safety squat bar or invest in one. Everyone should actually as its not comfortable getting those arms back.

HAha - me too. I had this exact conversation with someone 10 minutes ago..

JM

Well

Phil,

What advice would you offer for a guy thaT has trouble getting his tear drop involved? My stance is shoulder width, toes slightly out, hip parallel to knee on depth.

It's like upper or lower biceps. You can only do so much with the contraction. Insertion and origin determines it.

Dont ever LEAVE the squat for "new exercises" because it will screw you when you re-approach the squat again.... the lower back wont be as conditioned, maybe the knees are more vulnerable now...

You get HEAVIER in body weight and now you have limiting factor of too much tghtness/pumps in lower back etc...

I made this mistake and wont ever leave this exercise if I am healthy for it!

-FF

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear