over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help :(

CDJack

Registered
Hey guys

Did a bicep injection for the first time on Tuesday mid-day. It was 150mg/ml test/mast/tren mix (50 each)--1cc total. Felt ok going in but did notice some mild pain and throbbing a couple hours later and that night. I woke up Wednesday and it was more painful and starting to get red. It's now Thursday night and the redness and swelling has continued to spread. I have redness going all the way down to the top of my forearm almost and it's quite swollen. Also very warm and extremely painful when straightening my arm.

I've had infections in the past and I am not sure what to make of this. I also noticed tonight that there is some pitting edema when I press on it. And I have a headache...but I dont know if that's a coincidence...i get headaches kinda often.

I have antibiotics (keflex and bactrim) hand but am hesitant to take them prematurely and have to be stuck taking them.

My temp is 99.1. At first I wasn't worried because of how quickly the symptoms came on, but now with the pitting edema and headache, i am concerned.

Im no Dr I had one similar to that with some QV test e 250 back in the day, it took care of itself but I would rather you be safe than sorry bro.

Im no Dr I had one similar to that with some QV test e 250 back in the day, it took care of itself but I would rather you be safe than sorry bro.

With how quickly the pain came on...literally started hurting pretty bad within 12 hours, I was almost certain it was just a reaction to the gear and/or maybe some oil leaked out of the muscle (used a 5/8" needle). So I really wasn't concerned. What has me freaked out is the pitting edema. When I press on my bicep with some force, it definitely leaves a somewhat of a mark that takes a while to come back up. Does anyone know if this is definitely a sign of infection or could a local inflammatory response also cause it? It looks kinda like cellulitis, but I am just so surprised based on how fast it started.

you possibly hit a vein in your arm and then blood pooled up in a pocket inside your muscle belly.

There are some nerves that run through the arm that are incredibly incredibly sensitive. I have done several bicep and tricep shots that hurt like fire for quite a long time, because it's so innervated there.

That being said, I'm not sure there's anything anyone can say on this forum that will help alleviate your concern. You either need to leave it be or go get medical attention.

you possibly hit a vein in your arm and then blood pooled up in a pocket inside your muscle belly.

There are some nerves that run through the arm that are incredibly incredibly sensitive. I have done several bicep and tricep shots that hurt like fire for quite a long time, because it's so innervated there.

That being said, I'm not sure there's anything anyone can say on this forum that will help alleviate your concern. You either need to leave it be or go get medical attention.

Ok, thx dude. Basically I am asking:
1) Has anyone here gotten pitting edema at a painful and red injection site without it being an infection (cellulitis), and

2) Is the pain and redness within the first 24 hours too fast for an infection to develop, or not necessarily?

Since I dont have a fever, I am leaning toward waiting until tomorrow afternoon and re-evaluating then. I have plenty of antibiotics on hand.

I'm no doctor..but if I were you I'd see a doctor..especially if it gets worse

You might have hit a nerve. Takes a few days for the infection to show up

done many bicep injections and they can be tricky and painful. i have had similar issue with quad injection before. done quad injections for years and never change practices and just once out of the blue my quad did the same thing, it turned red to the knee and all across the top. was very hot to the touch and my body temp did elevate. unless your temp gets 101 or higher you are fine. your body raises its temp to produce more white blood cells to fight infections so a mild temp is ok. i could barely walk for 3 weeks and it never happened again since. if it persist just go to doc and tell them you were working in old house and snagged your arm on an old nail, they will check it out and get you a scrip. good luck bro.

done many bicep injections and they can be tricky and painful. i have had similar issue with quad injection before. done quad injections for years and never change practices and just once out of the blue my quad did the same thing, it turned red to the knee and all across the top. was very hot to the touch and my body temp did elevate. unless your temp gets 101 or higher you are fine. your body raises its temp to produce more white blood cells to fight infections so a mild temp is ok. i could barely walk for 3 weeks and it never happened again since. if it persist just go to doc and tell them you were working in old house and snagged your arm on an old nail, they will check it out and get you a scrip. good luck bro.

Thanks man. Still no temp. It's actually totally normal this morning (98.4). Given how quickly the redness and swelling spread within the first 48 hours, I am suspecting it was just a bad inject and local reaction. The inflammatory response is hopefully what's causing the pitting. Today mid-day will be 72 hours, so it should be getting better by tonight. If it doesn't show signs of improvement, I'll start antibiotics tonight...I have keflex, so it's not a problem. Also have bactrim in case I ever get MRSA.

It sounds to me like you injected in between the two heads. If you don't go slightly to the right or left of the middle of your bicep, the oil will get into that pocket. So, essentially you didn't inject into the muscle and gravity is taking the oil down, which is why you're seeing some redness and edema around the injection area and down into the forearm.

I've had this happen before just FYI. It just takes a while to fully dissipate.

It's your first bi injection! There's gonna be pain and swelling in a small muscle you have never injected in before and on top of that your injecting all short acting esters which usually have more ba content which causes all of those reactions. Take some benadryl and stop whining, you'll be fine....

CD, I'm dealing with this same issue now only it's my right quad. I injected a gram of a 500 test blend on Sunday. Massive swelling down to my knee. Can't even see my knee cap. Pain and redness. I'm sure it's just the dose I took or a reaction to the oil content. I think this sponsor uses something in their gear that others don't. Not sure. This was the first injection from this sponsor. It's getting better slowly. I think urs will too. Biceps are hard to pin. I did two bicep injections last year. Could barely move my arms for a week. Never again will I use my biceps to pin. Hang in there.

I've had that before with a test 400 injection in my tris and bis. Sucked but was not infected. Lasted about 4 days before it started to go down and the redness go away.

I'm going through this with both my bi's and tris right now. I can finally move my arms today. Past few days it was tourture just trying to put my Shirt on. I'm about to attemp an arm workout. I kind of like the swelling though. It made my arms grow about and an inch in 24 hrs lullllz

Kinda confused here??? As this seems to be pretty common and everyone suffers thru it. Doesn't it basically waste the aas that you are using when it takes days or weeks to be able to use that body part again which in turn affects every other exercise you do as well? Why not stick to the sites that you know work everytime? I only had one infection, due to contaminated gear awhile back. Nasty to say the least, I posted my 21 day hospital visit previously on here. But now I found a sponsor who offers excellent gear that is pain free and stick to pinning the areas that work best for me (glutes only). I know it was your first time trying your bi's so Im not condemning you at all. But what about those who know and expect some soarness and muscle restrictions every time they pin? How do you even get quality workouts in, especially pinning ed or eod? Seems like there is always something hurting:confused: Or is pinning in direct zones more effective for muscle growth (ie. pecs, bis, tris, lats, traps, etc.)?

Hey CDJack.
I think it just seeped out and got beneath the skin, where it continues to spread. Unless it gets painful and you get a fever, just watch it, you're probably fine.

I used to get this all the time with Tri injects. One kind Bro here advised me to apply pressure to the site after injecting for a minute (unflexed), then massage for 30 secs. This has generally stopped the seepage and redness since then. Once in a while I'll get a little red circle or a bruise, but usually, nothing...and I'm pinning with slins, so it's not very deep...

Hey CDJack.
I think it just seeped out and got beneath the skin, where it continues to spread. Unless it gets painful and you get a fever, just watch it, you're probably fine.

I used to get this all the time with Tri injects. One kind Bro here advised me to apply pressure to the site after injecting for a minute (unflexed), then massage for 30 secs. This has generally stopped the seepage and redness since then. Once in a while I'll get a little red circle or a bruise, but usually, nothing...and I'm pinning with slins, so it's not very deep...

Thanks man. No fever, but it is very painful...not when my arm is bent, but when I straighten it out and when I press on or massage my bicep.

Kinda confused here??? As this seems to be pretty common and everyone suffers thru it. Doesn't it basically waste the aas that you are using when it takes days or weeks to be able to use that body part again which in turn affects every other exercise you do as well? Why not stick to the sites that you know work everytime? I only had one infection, due to contaminated gear awhile back. Nasty to say the least, I posted my 21 day hospital visit previously on here. But now I found a sponsor who offers excellent gear that is pain free and stick to pinning the areas that work best for me (glutes only). I know it was your first time trying your bi's so Im not condemning you at all. But what about those who know and expect some soarness and muscle restrictions every time they pin? How do you even get quality workouts in, especially pinning ed or eod? Seems like there is always something hurting:confused: Or is pinning in direct zones more effective for muscle growth (ie. pecs, bis, tris, lats, traps, etc.)?

I agree with you. I am pinning EOD and needed an extra injection site. I normally only do ventroglutes, quads, delts, but I needed one more place to inject. I usually actually avoid quads because that's the only place where i've gotten infections in the past, but I think it may just be coincidence and I need to be more careful. Also have a bunch of scar tissue in m quads. I hate glutes. So I wanted to try out bis, pecs, and tris and see if any of those were good for me. Haven't tried pecs yet. Tris at ok actually, but I think I'll stick with quads, VG, and delts. That's like 8 sites, should be plenty for EOD injects.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear