over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For older guy to stay healthy and live longer

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
If you are taking or planing to take hormones (test or HG) and to be safe you need to mimic as closely as possible the normal concentrations of that hormone or its active metabolites, this way you will avoid unphysiologically high testosterone serum concentrations to prevent possible side-effects or low concentrations to prevent androgen deficiency.

This also for those that are recovering from heath problems caused by using high dozes.

any suggestions on idea or supplements to help do this?

what about special things to ask for when labs are drawn

Would this be another instance where a low test/ higher deca/tren /mast, etc, cycle would be better?

Or is something way over my head....again?

I don't believe there is any 'normal' concentration of mast/deca/tren in our system wayne ;)

I believe Emeric is speaking to those who now have damaged HPTA due to over use and now going the HRT route.

His somewhat pulsatile pattern of suq test injections with a low dose mimic normal concentrations in our body (or atleast closer than other method I've seen proposed)

Always appreciate your insight Emeric. I tend to think you are a voice of reason. Low dose test in older guys can make a huge difference, if deficent. When you still mega dose though, you are playing a dangerous game at an older age.

I don't believe there is any 'normal' concentration of mast/deca/tren in our system wayne ;)

I believe Emeric is speaking to those who now have damaged HPTA due to over use and now going the HRT route.

His somewhat pulsatile pattern of suq test injections with a low dose mimic normal concentrations in our body (or atleast closer than other method I've seen proposed)

Yes.

If you over 55

Try to hit each body part 3 times per week, 3 exercises with 3 sets per body part 12 to 15 reps, incorporate negatives, full range of motion, 20 min cardio every day. Supper sets OK.

Emeric,

for someone who is using 100mg test/week for trt doing subq injections is there any difference between 30mg EOD and 15mg ED injections? using test cyp

Emeric,

for someone who is using 100mg test/week for trt doing subq injections is there any difference between 30mg EOD and 15mg ED injections? using test cyp

30mg EOD OK.

FRONTERA et al. (1988) demonstrated that older (age 60-72 years) sedentary men have the capacity to significantly increase both the size and strength of their muscles. Using a progressive resistance training (PRT) program (80% of the one repetition maximum, 3 days per week for 12 weeks), we demonstrated that muscle hypertrophy was associated with a significant post-training elevation in urinary 3-methylhistidine/creatinine. This PRT program had a substantial eccentric component, which almost certainly resulted in significant damage in the knee extensor and flexor muscles.
Half of the men who participated in this study were given a daily protein-calorie supplement (S) providing an extra 560 ± 16 kcal/d (16.6% as protein, 43.3% as carbohydrate, and 40.1% as fat) in addition to their normal ad lib diet. The rest of the subjects received no supplement (NS) and consumed an ad lib diet. By the twelfth week of the study, dietary energy (2960 ± 230 in S vs 1620 ± 80 kcal in NS) and protein (118 ± 10 in S vs 72 ± 11 g/d in NS) intake were significantly different between the S and NS groups.
Composition on the midthigh was estimated by computerized tomography and showed that the S group had greater gains in muscle than did the NS men. In addition, urinary creatinine excretion was greater at the end of the training in the S group when compared to that of the men in the NS group (MEREDITH, FRONTERA and EVANS, 1992), indicating a greater muscle mass in the S group. The change in energy and protein intake (beginning vs 12 weeks) was correlated with the change in midthigh muscle area (r=0.69, p=0.019; r=0.63, p=0.039, respectively). There was no difference in strength gains between the two groups. These data suggest that a change in total food intake, or perhaps, selected nutrients, in subjects beginning a strength-training program can affect muscle hypertrophy.
It is clear that exercise-induced muscle damage leads to a long-term increase in protein breakdown and synthesis (FRONTERA et al., 1988; FIELDING et al., 1991; CANNON et al., 1991; EVANS, 1986). Few studies have compared the longitudinal effect of high-intensity eccentric and concentric exercise training. Most progressive resistance training devices and lifting free weight have substantial concentric and eccentric components. KOMI and BUSKIRK (1972) measured arm circumference before and after training either eccentrically or concentrically. They found that arm circumference increased only in the arms of men who trained eccentrically.
CIRIELLO et al. (1983) examined the effects of 4 months of high-intensity strength training on a Cybex isokinetic dynamometer which has little or no eccentric component. Although the strength of the subjects increased significantly, there was no evidence of hypertrophy of Type I or Type II muscle fibers. PEARSON and COSTILL. (1988) examined the effects of a progressive resistance weight-training protocol (with eccentric and concentric components) on one leg and isokinetic training (with no eccentric component) on the contralateral leg. Only the leg trained with a significant eccentric component increased in size as a result of the training.
Recently, a direct comparison of the effects of strength training with eccentric and concentric or concentric exercise alone was made (DUDLEY et al., 1991; COLLIANDER and TESCH, 1990). These studies showed that increases in strength were greater following a program of maximum concentric and eccentric muscle actions than resistance training using concentric muscle actions only. The evidence suggests that eccentric exercise-induced skeletal muscle damage and its subsequent repair are important for increasing muscle fiber size in respone to strength training. Not only can resistance training increase muscle size, but a recent report indicated that long-term resistance training may prevent age-associated changes in histochemical fibre-type distribution, myosin heavy chain isoforms and tropomyosin isoforms (KLITGAARD et al., 1990a; b).

Emeric for someone late 30's who has a test level slightly below midrange despite using natty supps such as Zma etc would you advise or believe that trt will increase health benefits

Emeric for someone late 30's who has a test level slightly below midrange despite using natty supps such as Zma etc would you advise or believe that trt will increase health benefits

If your test level is below midrange than first I would try 80mg test per week with the ZMA and Humanofort incorporated, do this cycle for 4 weeks and have a test for total and free test, estrogen and IGF-1 levels.

I used to have it saved but lost it. Can someone post a link to Emerics way of dosing or his protocol. Ks

Declining muscle mass is associated with a number of age-related changes. For example, declining skeletal muscle mass is closely associated with the age-related decrease in basal metabolic rate (TZANKOFF, 1978). As activity decreases, energy requirements are decreased in the elderly.

So if you over 50 or 60 like my self, don`t be afraid to train every day. The reason former pro or competitive bodybuilders after age 50+ are looking so out of shape (no muscle) because they start to take it easy, they train 2 or 3 times per week only. By training every day you will raise your basal metabolic rate.

Hi Emeric!!

As most off you know when Emeric speaks, we should all ask questions and listen cause he bring proven scientific info. to this board. For those of us who have spoken to Emeric, he knows his stuff. Thanks Emeric

what would you suggest for diet ratio's

Depending on your goals, I use 35% carbs 35% fat and 30% protein.
For example, if I try to lose fat I will be eating fewer total calories with out changing protein intake. If I try to bulk up I will add calories my protein base will get shorter since it will be smaller % I will eat 20% protein 40% carbs and 40% fat. I do this when I train once per day, if I would train 2 time per day I would increase my calories. I also I do blood test for urea (BUN) I try to kip it below 21mg/dl, if is higher than 21 I lower my protein % and increase my carbs and fat.

The benefit of low dosing more frequent is that hematocrit is not elevated to the extent seen with higher doses, so it may be particularly beneficial for those above the age of 45+ and particularly for those whose hematocrit rises to dangerous levels using 200mg + doses. Other benefits include a diminished level of aromatization and minimal impact on glucocorticoid receptors. It is not associated with aggression, but rather improves mood and feelings of wellbeing, mild increase in mental acuty and it does not appear to impair sleep quality.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws