over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

help with blood pressure meds

engbulldog

Registered
ok well since middle school I have had high BP and my dr. has been on my ass about it so today was my check up and she has me on test cyp 300mg eow and since her script 6 mths ago for hrt my BP hasnt gone up or down so today she put me on Lisinopril . Now what I need to know is can I still take the NO boosters? like jacked or Hemavol ? and if not is there anything I can take?? and for the guys who are gonna ask what the #'s are they are 148/98 and every time I see her which is every other month its at 148 or a tad lower she checks it twice while I'm there.

next question will peptides affect the BP meds? my guess is no but better ask the guys before anything

and yes the wife knows everything about my gear and HRT and was in the room today while the dr. talked to me and the dr is trying to figure out how I dropped 30 points on my cholesterol , all I did was change up my diet :eek:

thanks in advance for the help engbulldog

Lisinopril is a weaker BP med, so this is a good choice, it shouldn't slow you down much...

As for the NO products, in theory arginine would act as a blood vessel diolator which would actually lower blood pressure, the problem with alot of products is that they are all stacked full of other stimulants, whether it is caffeine, yohimbine or a combination of stimulants, so this would not make sense to use...

Maybe for preworkout you can go with a BCAA stack, creatine hcl type mixture??

You can lower your sodium intake, increase your water intake, and donate blood regularly..all of this will help long term the goal of getting off...

As for peptides, maybe you can clarify which you are referring to??

^^ for other opinions ^^

Lisinopril is a weaker BP med, so this is a good choice, it shouldn't slow you down much...

As for the NO products, in theory arginine would act as a blood vessel diolator which would actually lower blood pressure, the problem with alot of products is that they are all stacked full of other stimulants, whether it is caffeine, yohimbine or a combination of stimulants, so this would not make sense to use...

Maybe for preworkout you can go with a BCAA stack, creatine hcl type mixture??

You can lower your sodium intake, increase your water intake, and donate blood regularly..all of this will help long term the goal of getting off...

As for peptides, maybe you can clarify which you are referring to??

^^ for other opinions ^^

well at this time started CJC and GHRP as of last week and really dont wanna stop and shit can what I spent on the products

As my personal experience,No, peptides shouldn't have any effect with Lisinopril, I'm on 20 mg of Lisinopril and have used GHRP2,GHRP6 and CJC with no adverse effect.

I have high bp too and I take Micardis. You'll need to see how you react with w/e bp med your gives you to try. You might have to go through several to see which one gets your bp down to normal range with minimal sides.

As my personal experience,No, peptides shouldn't have any effect with Lisinopril, I'm on 20 mg of Lisinopril and have used GHRP2,GHRP6 and CJC with no adverse effect.

Thanks bro have you seen any diffrence in training while taking the meds?

I have high bp too and I take Micardis. You'll need to see how you react with w/e bp med your gives you to try. You might have to go through several to see which one gets your bp down to normal range with minimal sides.

started mine yesterday and wow after about 2 hrs tired as all get out fell asleep in my chair which I never do, woke myself up cuz I started to snore which I never do:eek:

started mine yesterday and wow after about 2 hrs tired as all get out fell asleep in my chair which I never do, woke myself up cuz I started to snore which I never do:eek:

Sounds about right. I experience a lot of lethargy with the Micardis as well. Bp meds do have some serious side effects unfortunately but I'd rather have my bp in normal range and be tired all day then worry about having a heart attack, stroke or blood clot in the future.

Sounds about right. I experience a lot of lethargy with the Micardis as well. Bp meds do have some serious side effects unfortunately but I'd rather have my bp in normal range and be tired all day then worry about having a heart attack, stroke or blood clot in the future.

Thats what the wife said too, well I guess I'll have to work around it and time the meds around bed time to get a good night sleep, thanks for the help, I guess having normal BP might be cool since its been a ton of years since its been in range, hell I might even see new growth from it

After having my heart attack my Dr. prescribed me 10 mgs of Lisinopril as well as other meds...he said no more pre workout drinks (NO, monster, redbull, etc...), no coffee or anything that contains caffeine. "He said to take it first thing in the morning and the first few months it will make you tired until your body gets adjusted to it"...he was not lying cause the first few months I was so damn tired, I never napped at lunch but I sure was then and as soon as I got home I would take a nap. Now 11 months later things are back to normal and my blood pressure is at it's all time low. Hopefully this helps you out. :)

Last edited:
I am on Losartan , its very good medicine with no sides.
50 mg at night.

I'm on 3 different BP meds I take every day and mine is still high. I don't think they can give me anything that will actually bring it down to normal levels. :banghead:

After having my heart attack my Dr. prescribed me 10 mgs of Lisinopril as well as other meds...he said no more pre workout drinks (NO, monster, redbull, etc...), no coffee or anything that contains caffeine. "He said to take it first thing in the morning and the first few months it will make you tired until your body gets adjusted to it"...he was not lying cause the first few months I was so damn tired, I never napped at lunch but I sure was then and as soon as I got home I would take a nap. Now 11 months later things are back to normal and my blood pressure is at it's all time low. Hopefully this helps you out. :)

My dr. didnt say a word about anything other than take this and come back in a few wks and we will do blood work to see if its working 20mg tabs once a day ,cant take in morning have to lift, eat then head off to work, it sucks to work second shift but hey it pays the bills

I'm on 3 different BP meds I take every day and mine is still high. I don't think they can give me anything that will actually bring it down to normal levels. :banghead:

How much cardio are you doing? I was in the same boat as you at one time, but I wasn't doing any cardio. As soon as I started adding it in 3x a week high intensity 20-30 mins, I saw my bp drop and I am only on Micardis now.

How much cardio are you doing? I was in the same boat as you at one time, but I wasn't doing any cardio. As soon as I started adding it in 3x a week high intensity 20-30 mins, I saw my bp drop and I am only on Micardis now.

4 times a week @ a 3.8 fast walk pace on treadmill. I go about 1/2 hr.
I can tell you that I def am not winded when I'm done. Just a bit sweaty. So maybe it is just not intense enough? :confused:

One interaction of BP meds is they're highly subjective to the person taking them. When adding gear or supps; any contradiction could occur. I use Benicar 40/12.5, with no sides as of yet. I am new on this board but not new to the industry. BP went high ever since stopping the use of unhealthy substances which we don't mention here. Really a good trade for me; however, it is such a valid question when speaking on AS and other ancillaries. It would be nice to have a cool doctor that is willing to help. That has done wonders for me. The Benicar has an added diuretic (12.5mg) which also helps with bloat. My .02.

4 times a week @ a 3.8 fast walk pace on treadmill. I go about 1/2 hr.
I can tell you that I def am not winded when I'm done. Just a bit sweaty. So maybe it is just not intense enough? :confused:

Heart rate needs to get up there to drop bp IMO which is why I use the stair master. I usually set the speed on 10 and drop it to 8 after 10-15 mins and finish out. Low sodium diet and lowering stress also helps.

Adding benicar or bystolic would really lower your bp

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity