• hell yah

Votes: 74 75.5%
  • nah

Votes: 24 24.5%

• Total voters

275bills

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Any of you guys not have a post workout shake ? Talked to a pro the other day n he said very important to have one. For the last year I've been eating white fish n rice but have been thinking about pushing it back a hour or so and having a shake. Does it really make much of a difference? I drink bcaa during also. I have a huge appetite and way more satisfied eating food so that's not a problem. More curious if the extra digestion time it takes with the whole food as opposes to a shake is that big off a difference

Drink whey shake upon waking and immediatly after post w o.This is the best time the body can use a fast acting whey protein product.

Whole Food

No shake for me - my largest meal of the day is my post-workout whole food meal. About 50g of protein worth of beef or chicken with about 1 to 1.5 cups of white rice, bread or pasta. For my body, it works better than a shake.

nope, cut protein powder out of my life.

5g glutamine + 10g bcaa pre and post workout.

haven't noticed any difference except i'm hungrier and don't fart as much.

i just use bcaa's before, during, and after. Then bout an hour and half later I have a huge meal.

Post work out for me is 12oz talapia / 1 cup of brown rice / asapagus

Bulking - No shake, real meal
Cutting - Yeah, shake only

gotta have a.shake bro! cuten urself short... go with karbolyn and hydrolized whey then 45 later meal only way to go.. unless cutting I believe in this cus it works

I never really believe in Pre, intra and post workout shakes until Shelby told me too. It made a whole lot of difference especially incorporating the carbs.

However, there are other coaches that places less focus on Shakes. Phil doesn't place too much emphasis on shakes.

The way i see it, Phil's training is low volume, intense and short. You might not need a shake with it because each workout last less than 30 mins.

However, Shelby's routine is high volume, long and intense. With this workout, u need allot of carbs + protein near your workout of else u won't be able to recover.

I cut all wheys out of my diet years ago. I use EAAs pre, during and post workout. I also add glutamine in to the drink. So yes I use shakes but not whey. This is also the only time that I use powders for my protein source. All the rest is food based protein. Like said above way less gas and stomach hasn't felt better.
Main reason I don't eat food post training is because I pretty much go home from gym to bed

I used to be anal about that sort of thing. Not anymore. I save a ton of money now and have zero stomach/digestive issues. Post workout now I have red meat! All that magic window of opportunity carb this or whey that is nothing more than myth to me. I notice nothing but positive changes from the old anal days!

I agree. I used to be extremely strict with my protein intakes and timing. Now with the exception of around training times my protein shakes are non existent, replacing them with food and I feel so much better for it

15g Whey w/pre workout, BCAA's intra, half a gainer-style shake post. Then an hour later a large, whole food meal. This has always done the trick for me.

I've done it both ways and really saw no difference. I just go home and eat food now.

Drink whey shake upon waking and immediatly after post w o.This is the best time the body can use a fast acting whey protein product.
this!

its so much easier to carry a shake and slam it immediately after a workout than to break out a tupperware full of meat. fuck that!

Shakes are easier but honestly i love food more.

Fish, chicken, rice, etc.

Much better than Shakes. Somehow shakes doesn't seem to satisfy me.

For mass I take 1 spoon of peanut butter 1 banana 2 cups of liquid egg whites(from the supermarket) quarter cup of oats add milk and blend.
On a cutting cycle I eat a bowl of whole wheat pasta an hour later I mix 2 cups of egg whites with 2 cups of milk

yea scoop of carnivor and some bcaas with packet of 5cal emergen c

Shakes are easier but honestly i love food more.

Fish, chicken, rice, etc.

Much better than Shakes. Somehow shakes doesn't seem to satisfy me.

How many chicken breasts a day can you eat and still love it. God I get so sick of the same grilled chicken breasts or pork tenderloin. Sounds great but every day, several time at least and I stop looking forward to eating. I can drink three shacks a day and not get sick of them.

Eating is my biggest hold back. Maybe I need to learn to cook better.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws