over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

pre carb or post carb for morning lifting

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Guys, I know John meadows likes evening lifting, and low carbing it all the way until pre workout, then pwo carbs. But what if im lifting in the morning? right now goals are fat loss, and muscle spareing. If I lift in the morning, then eat pwo carbs, ill muck up fat loss for the rest of the day right? so would yall do either one of these?

Idea 1:

pre workout: 25g protein/ 10g fat from coconut oil.
Intra workout: 25g hydro casein.
Post workout: 50g whey isolate/ with 50g carbs
then protein/fat for rest of day.

OR Idea 2:

pre workout 25g protein/25g carbs
intraworkout: 25g hydro casein/25g carbs
Postworkout: 50g whey. NO carbs
then stay protein/fat for rest of day.

basically if you had to lift in the morning 2x week, would you pre carb, post carb, both, or what? I was thinking that pre carb for fuel, then go carbless post workout and just get in 50g hydrowhey to spiken insulin enough to halt catabolism.

Personally I carb after workout at night like above.. But it's not so much carbs after your workout it's about what the carbs due to you.. Carbs causes your body to stop the burning of fat.. That's why the fasting and late night carb intake is the best.. That's my opinion anyway

Pre and post. Then if you need to u can shut them down for the rest of the day. Carbs aren't evil bro, even dieting

just train fasted...and fast afterwards till lunch....then eat ur calories till 7pm

if u wanna lose fat....that works

Go pre post and Intra carbs. Get all your carbs in for the day during those few hours and then shut them down.

I workout in the morning after my first meal with is obviously my pre workout meal. I get most of my carbs, pre, intra and post, then I'll do 1 cup of rice for each of my meals afterwards or a little bit of brown rice pasta or small sweet potato/potato. I don't know how some of you guys can train w/o carbs. I tried that once many years ago and couldn't make it halfway through my workout w/o grabbing a bottle of gatorade. Strength was way down too. Never again .

John has given me some advice with a diet I already wrote for training in the morning, but basically all you do is structure your carbs around your workout anyways (pre, during and post) and then eat few to no carbs throughout the rest of the day. Before bed, have some fatty red meat.

just train fasted...and fast afterwards till lunch....then eat ur calories till 7pm

if u wanna lose fat....that works

Best recipe to lose fat? Yes. AND muscle too. Fasting before and fasting afte workout = best way to create catabolic enviroment in the body. If you want to lose as much fat as you possibly can, why to eat at lunch? Don't eat for a whole fukcing day. Losing fat is easy and can be done very quick. Losing fat while keeping muscle is the hardest process ant takes a lot of thme if done properly.

I fast before only.. It allows me to burn fat faster.. I have lost 25lbs since January 6th. Not any muscle or strength. It did take awhile to get my body adjusted to no carb lifting. But I def carb after to help retain muscle

If you want to fuel your training without impacting fat burning the rest of the day, you can feel out how much carbohydrate you need to get through your workout (very little) and be back to burning fat by the end of it, or shortly after. I kick a lot more ass on Cardio after training with a very few (but some) carbs in me. No way that cuts into fat burning, IME.

I've found that a very small amount is enough. Or some MCT oil that can't be stored as fat, like a little coconut oil. I fuel my workouts this way.

Then eat all my protein/minor healthy fats for the day, before moving on to a carb meal or two in the evening. That way, I'm burning all day. I get great workouts and don't impact fat burning much if at all.

Last edited:
Best recipe to lose fat? Yes. AND muscle too. Fasting before and fasting afte workout = best way to create catabolic enviroment in the body. If you want to lose as much fat as you possibly can, why to eat at lunch? Don't eat for a whole fukcing day. Losing fat is easy and can be done very quick. Losing fat while keeping muscle is the hardest process ant takes a lot of thme if done properly.

wrong!!

i gained strength while cutting by fasting...all lifts went up...lost not 1 ounce of muscle....

as far as not eating all day...i do that too....24hr fasts on fri and sat followed by huge cheat meals...as i cut down to 7%

guys that think the body can go catabolic after not eating for 8hr...12hr...18hr...24hr are misled or have never gave it a go for maybe more than a couple days...your body aint eating its muscle till after maybe 2-3 days

yea u can lose fat by eating 12 meals a day....with carbs in every meal....but who the fuck wants to do that?....live your life.

I fast before only.. It allows me to burn fat faster.. I have lost 25lbs since January 6th. Not any muscle or strength. It did take awhile to get my body adjusted to no carb lifting. But I def carb after to help retain muscle

That is way too much weight to lose in that amount of time. YOU LOST A GOOD AMOUNT OF MUSCLE, trust me. Do you honestly think that you can lose 25 lbs of fat in less than 40 days??

That is way too much weight to lose in that amount of time. YOU LOST A GOOD AMOUNT OF MUSCLE, trust me. Do you honestly think that you can lose 25 lbs of fat in less than 40 days??

yea...do make sure u get all your calories in no matter what your doing

even though i fast everyday and 24hr on the weekend...i still eat just below maintenance (when cutting)...and way over on the 2 cheat meals

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws