over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird cholesterol results after Krill oil added

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Last time i got my bloods drawn, was on 3/22/17. I was not on any supplements prior to that set of tests. Immediately after that set of tests, i added in fish oil, krill oil, citrus bergmont, and curcumin. All of which should help with my lipid panel.

I just got tested again last week and the results have me scratching my head. I have read some great stuff about Krill and was excited to see what it would do since i have been on it for about 7 months. Also diet has not changed at all. mostly eat meats, veggies, farm eggs, etc.. during the week. Test is Rx 200mg/wk with 1/2mg adex twice a week.

3/22/17:
Cholesterol 253 (<200)
Triglycerdies 110 (<150)
HDL 62 (>39)
LDL 169 (<100)

10/13/17
Cholesterol 252
Triglycerdies 75
HDL 53
LDL 184

SO my cholesterol didnt change, triglycerides improved, HDL went down and LDL rose.

Just not sure why i had negative effects on my HDL and LDL.

I really thought by adding the fish oil and krill oil in would have a much more positive impact on these. What gives???

Fish and krill will have more of an effect on triglycerides. Citrus bergamot will have more of an affect on ldl/hdl. Were you on adex before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep. Nothing changed at all besides adding in the supplements.

Just throwing this out there as I can't say it applies to everyone... but for me, quality seems to matter quite a bit.

I have moderate psoriasis and noticed that my psoriasis was not nearly as inflamed if (semi expensive) krill oil was taken regularly AM/PM. I decided to stock up and buy a cheaper one on Amazon and it didn't have any effect whatsoever. Went back to a high dollar brand and back to better skin. Whether that was just me, or if that has any effect on cholesterol... I don't know. This has been repeated a few times just so that I was sure.

Honestly fish/krill oil have never made a real positive impact on my panels. They have definitely never hurt them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand krill oil did you use ? I used Viva labs krill oil and had positive results ,my HDL went up like 30 points but ldl stayed around the same

I use the Viva Labs as well.

Viva was the brand I was referring to. Def didn't have the same effect as the higher priced brands.

I've had good experiences with Bronson and sports research

Last edited:
Krill contains DHA (in addition to EPA). DHA increases LDL cholesterol.

Get a script for Vascepa.

Vascepa is a 2nd generation fish oil that has no negative affect on LDL becasue it is pure EPA Omega-3.

Easy to get the script, and my co-pay is cheaper than when I bought Krill or any other fish oil OTC.

7 months is a long time. I doubt everything was the same in that time gap. What about your diet? Added in more beef for example? Added ins ome sugar in intra shakes... literally anything different?

I don't know it's hard to pinpoint as no one knows the details. So you used adex at the same dose the entire time? No changes whatsoever in anything? What were the doses of each supplement? They are not miracle workers but sure I would have expected more. With out being in a clinical setting it's hard to pinpoint as there are so many variables.

What was your adex usage before the first test? Had you been on it months before and the trt too?

Last time i got my bloods drawn, was on 3/22/17. I was not on any supplements prior to that set of tests. Immediately after that set of tests, i added in fish oil, krill oil, citrus bergmont, and curcumin. All of which should help with my lipid panel.

I just got tested again last week and the results have me scratching my head. I have read some great stuff about Krill and was excited to see what it would do since i have been on it for about 7 months. Also diet has not changed at all. mostly eat meats, veggies, farm eggs, etc.. during the week. Test is Rx 200mg/wk with 1/2mg adex twice a week.

3/22/17:
Cholesterol 253 (<200)
Triglycerdies 110 (<150)
HDL 62 (>39)
LDL 169 (<100)

10/13/17
Cholesterol 252
Triglycerdies 75
HDL 53
LDL 184

SO my cholesterol didnt change, triglycerides improved, HDL went down and LDL rose.

Just not sure why i had negative effects on my HDL and LDL.

I really thought by adding the fish oil and krill oil in would have a much more positive impact on these. What gives???

See i think this is very important....sometimes supplements like drugs have lesser effects on people....if I was you I would dump the krill oil and fish oil and keep the curcumin (too many health benefits)...and the citrus bergamot which lessened your triglycerides.....I would then add ground flax to your protein drinks (3 grams plus a few times a day) metformin and maybe fenugreek and anything else you feel strongly about trying and retest in 2 months and see if the changes were positive....there is no reason to keep buying something that isnt working unless you feel it was an inferior brand

See i think this is very important....sometimes supplements like drugs have lesser effects on people....if I was you I would dump the krill oil and fish oil and keep the curcumin (too many health benefits)...and the citrus bergamot which lessened your triglycerides.....I would then add ground flax to your protein drinks (3 grams plus a few times a day) metformin and maybe fenugreek and anything else you feel strongly about trying and retest in 2 months and see if the changes were positive....there is no reason to keep buying something that isnt working unless you feel it was an inferior brand

How many times per day would you take the 3 grams of ground flax?

anytime you had a protein drink
so 2 times a day probably

there are also studies showing

certain probiotics and
red cabbage extracts

lower ldl

7 months is a long time. I doubt everything was the same in that time gap. What about your diet? Added in more beef for example? Added ins ome sugar in intra shakes... literally anything different?

I don't know it's hard to pinpoint as no one knows the details. So you used adex at the same dose the entire time? No changes whatsoever in anything? What were the doses of each supplement? They are not miracle workers but sure I would have expected more. With out being in a clinical setting it's hard to pinpoint as there are so many variables.

What was your adex usage before the first test? Had you been on it months before and the trt too?

Hey man thanks for trying to help me. Really nothing has changed significatly enough to raise a red flag. No beef consumption has not went up any more now than then. Im almost 46 yrs old and over the past couple of years, i have pretty much curtailed my eating and focus more on lean proteins, veggies and good fats. I normally only eat grass fed beef and that is about once a week. Been on the same TRT protocol for the past 3 years and have not changed it. Im sure something in my diet has changed a little, but nothing to make those bad of results in just 7 months.

Dante-Thank you for the reply. Im almost 46 and want to stay as healthy as possible without taking something i dont need or doesnt work. I will keep the Citrus Bergmont and the curcumin (Forgot to add that i also take Umbiquinol). I really wanted the krill and fish oil combo to work after i read the articles you posted about how good they are on your lipid profiles. But maybe im just a non responder. I also dont eat many carbs at all so do you think adding in something like a fiber supplement would help as well? Also you recommend the ground flax @ 3 grams/ 2-3 times a day, correct?

Thanks for the help.

Have you thought about possibly adding Cardarine into the mix?

A friend of mine had pretty good luck running it at 10mg daily concerning his lipid values. I haven't researched it enough to learn the pros or cons, but what little I have read about it suggested that it could help raise HDL and lower LDL.

Dante-Thank you for the reply. Im almost 46 and want to stay as healthy as possible without taking something i dont need or doesnt work. I will keep the Citrus Bergmont and the curcumin (Forgot to add that i also take Umbiquinol). I really wanted the krill and fish oil combo to work after i read the articles you posted about how good they are on your lipid profiles. But maybe im just a non responder. I also dont eat many carbs at all so do you think adding in something like a fiber supplement would help as well? Also you recommend the ground flax @ 3 grams/ 2-3 times a day, correct?

Thanks for the help.

Fiber supplement would help yes....and correct on the flax. I will say this...If it was me I personally wouldnt want my LDL to be that high over lengths of time...I know your set in your ways of eating but if it was me I would change the diet until my LDL lowered to a more acceptable level....

Fiber supplement would help yes....and correct on the flax. I will say this...If it was me I personally wouldnt want my LDL to be that high over lengths of time...I know your set in your ways of eating but if it was me I would change the diet until my LDL lowered to a more acceptable level....
Dante or anyone else with knowledge on this subject....
What is a good LDL number or range? Also triglycerides?
My doctor tells me my bloodwork looks good for my age (27) but he also told me my blood pressure was good at 139/83... Had an espresso on the way to the appointment but I didn't tell him that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Well im definitely not set in my ways if its gonna kill me. Do you feel like my lack of carbs could be to blame? Here is a very typical way i eat and have for several months now.

am fast
noon=4 whole farm eggs, 4-5 egg whites, veggies
afternoon=chicken breast and broccoli with 1/2 an avocado
post workout=egg white protein shake
Supper=Chicken breast, veggies, 1/2 avocado.

Thanks for the help sir.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner