over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cell Phones- Insurance insight....

bbminded

Registered
I recently had an issue with my current cell phone carrier(verizon). My wife and I have been with them now for about 5 years. According to my account, I have been eligible for a phone upgrade now for about 3 months. I was not sure what phone I wanted so I have held off on upgrading until recently.

My wife and I both have the motorola droidX and have been happy with it for about 1.5 years until now. Where we would have full service in certain areas, now were lucky if we even have one bar. Its lagging alot(even after cleaning it out), dropping calls, and turning itself off on its own. Plus the original charger it came with doesnt always charge the phone.

Because of all these issues, I started looking at the newer phones since I knew I was eligible for an upgrade. To make a long story as short as i can.... I went directly to my local verizon corporate store to pick out a new phone(was planning on getting the Droid Razzr max, but thinking I will instead get the the New Samsung Galaxy3III), but ended up leaving a little miffed with my old droid.

Sales manager told me that I had to wait untill Aug.18 because that was when I was eligible to upgrade. I explained to him that when I go to my online account it says I am allowed an upgrade. When I click the link to see what phones and prices im eligible for, the Galaxy3 16gb is on there for $199.00. He then again went on to tell me I was wrong and I would have to wait till next month and that I would be losing my unlimited data plan.

Well because the issues with my current phone are getting so bad, I asked if I could use my insurance. He said I sure can, but would have to pay a $90.00 deductible. WTF.... When I signed up with verizon the deductible was $30.00. Now its $90 which I was never notified of, plus my phone anyways isnt even worth $10.
So I left the store pretty pissed. Got home and called verizons corporate to try and get some answers as to why there are these issues ive mentioned. That phone call lasted about 2.5 hours, and concluded with the representative and a manager telling me that I was in fact correct in that I was eligible for the phone upgrade and that they had never seen any situation like this ever before. However, I would lose my unlimited data plan(which I was told 2 days earlier from a corporate rep that I would be grandfathered in), as well as my company discount of 22%, and have to pay a $30 activation fee.

So, to get to the point I wanted to share with everyone(sorry that I vented). When it comes to deciding if you think you should get the monthly insurance plan or not?....... If your getting any new smart phone(Iphone,droid,galaxy etc) I would recommend getting it, BUT, after about 3-4 months drop the insurance. If for example something happens to your phone after having it 6 months or more, you could easily buy the same phone for LESS then the damn $90 deductible.

*side note- Any advice in regards to the Galaxy3,Iphone, and Droid razzr max? Originally I was planning on getting the new Iphone, however I have been very happy with the Android operating platform. Plus I dont own any Mac computers or other mac devices....All windows!

I just got a New EVO 4G LTE, from sprint and so far I am very impressed. I was told the Samsung galaxy 3S was better because it had more ram, memory and a better screen, but my old phone was an HTC and it was a great phone with no issues. The camera is amazing, better than my cannon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

iPhone 5 rumored to be out in Sept. I'm a Window's guy but love my iPhone. Only use iTunes but I'll never go back to another Droid..

I had sprint before i switched to verizon. I would go back to them since they are the only carrier with an unlimited data plan, But there coverage where I live is horrible.

I just got a New EVO 4G LTE, from sprint and so far I am very impressed. I was told the Samsung galaxy 3S was better because it had more ram, memory and a better screen, but my old phone was an HTC and it was a great phone with no issues. The camera is amazing, better than my cannon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I cant remember the name of the phone, but it was about 3 years ago when I got it and it was a Windows based phone with verizon. I had it maybe a week before I went back to verizon and got the blackberry storm. I hated the Windows operating system, atleast with that phone. maybe its gotten better!

Any thing specific to look forward to with the rumored IPHone 5?

iPhone 5 rumored to be out in Sept. I'm a Window's guy but love my iPhone. Only use iTunes but I'll never go back to another Droid..

I had the same issue with the insurance, verizon just does what it want when they want. Maybe i will look into sprint, I need unlimited data but i will lose that with a upgrade.

I've been with VZW for many years now and have found two things to be true. 1 their in stores reps by and large are morons. 2 the customer service reps at *611 are incredibly helpful. I'd call them regarding your concerns and upgrade issues. 99% says they will be better and get you a proper solution

So everyone with vzw will be losing the unlimited data package?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So everyone with vzw will be losing the unlimited data package?

It depends. If you pay full retail for your next phone no you can keep your current play. If you get the discount like most then yes you will be moved to this new shared plan stuff. As long as you are on your current phone and play you are safe. Its that next upgrade where they will get you

Well great. Was planning on using my upgrade in october but now it doesn't sound so swell. Been with vzw for 10 years. Maybe its time for a change. They do have the best service in my area though.

Well great. Was planning on using my upgrade in october but now it doesn't sound so swell. Been with vzw for 10 years. Maybe its time for a change. They do have the best service in my area though.

Yeah its really a case of pros vs cons. VZW is notorious for screwing customers in terms of $$ but they have unmatched coverage

Yeah its really a case of pros vs cons. VZW is notorious for screwing customers in terms of $$ but they have unmatched coverage

First they took away my 1 year phone upgrade and now this. Ya so much for keeping your loyal customers happy.

First they took away my 1 year phone upgrade and now this. Ya so much for keeping your loyal customers happy.

They get away with this kinda stuff because there almost isn't a better option. Sprint on paper is better but they have poor coverage at least where I live. TMo is the same. At&T is nearly as greedy and not much different at the end of the day but again less coverage where I live

I always upgrade thru Verizon's Online Store. I believe (IMHO) that the prices are cheaper because they don't have to pay the sales person's commission. And I believe the sales people in the store give you an annoyingly hard sell.

I have also been using their Phone Insurance Plan for at least 12 years. It gets significantly worse each year.

My daughter's iPhone has a broken case. I brought it in for replacement a few weeks ago thru the the insurance plan. I was surprised how much it now costs for replacement and what the monthly premiums have been costing me.

I did not upgrade, but I did cancel my insurance.

yup no thanks on the rip off and largely useless insurance

I am betting the fact that they get commission, is why they said the things they did to you in the store.

but if you use insuarance that wouldnt involve a plan change or contract to be renewed (causing you to lose unlimited data)???

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131