over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how important are strength increases?

Thanks for the article gonna check it out. I definitely think Strength and size come hand in hand. Though I've seen some BIG dudes who can't manage as much as guys half there size.

I found that interesting thanks for the find.

im weak as piss in the gym, im around 270 right now and quite lean, its embarrassing being out pressed by guys much smaller than me, but i always think they cant be feeling it the same as me somehow

If I knew for a scientific fact I could gain lots of muscle from repping 135 for 100, i STILL wouldnt do it, unless I had my very own private gym. When I see a guy, who is bigger than me, I assume he is also stronger than me. This is a natural response. It's irritating and aggrevating to one's ego to see someone smaller than them throwing around more weight! Train heavy, train hard.

I stopped locking out a couple years back and stopped going all the way down on bench press so I don't stretch everthing to far, and have noticed I'm getting a bigger and bigger chest. I also started to make sure I was doing slow negatives.

I did the advanced 5x5 a few times, and did get pretty damn strong (superdrol and phera cycle at the same time) but mass wise I didn't gain hardly anything.

So I definately agree with the article, but it makes me feel lazy using less weights. Its a hard mental block to get over I think.

Swap it up... one week pump one week heavy....Keeps em guessing and growing.:headbang:

great article, very interesting. Although I do like to lock out or almost lock out and squeeze even though there is less tension. I think the squeeze has a lot to do with shaping

My personal belief is it goes hand in hand...i do believe you need to get stronger...a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle...but i dont think you should go looking to gain that strength and at the same time give away form....as in, the muscle should always be working not the joints? if that makes sense....I've found keeping tension in the muscle works greatly i.e. not locking out and constantly pumping that muscle...thats jus my thoughts :lightbulb:

Ever wonder why the top bodybuilders are also strong? I know some says weight doesnt matter and then you see they are capable of inclining 405 for reps. Instead of using a method that you cannot easily track why not work on adding pounds to the bar until you get really strong then see where you are. If you are benching 400 and squatting 600 for reps, then you are probably going to be preety big for your genetics.

Makes sense.

If you have a mental barrier about being bigger than someone but not lifting as heavy, then work up until you can do the heavier weight for reps. I feel that lifting heavier than someone else but for lower reps doesn't lead to a necessarily better physique.

Thanks for the article link.

Why not lift heavier for 8 to 10 reps? People always think that heavier means maxing out or 3 to 5 reps. Work on doing 500 for 10 reps in the squat and I am pretty sure your legs will be bigger when you get there.

thanks for the link, i use to gauge size with strength but recently have been working on form and somewhat lighter wight and it seems to be working.

My personal belief is it goes hand in hand...i do believe you need to get stronger...a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle...but i dont think you should go looking to gain that strength and at the same time give away form....as in, the muscle should always be working not the joints? if that makes sense....I've found keeping tension in the muscle works greatly i.e. not locking out and constantly pumping that muscle...thats jus my thoughts :lightbulb:

exactly. you might lift as much as a guy twice your size but can you do it the same "perfect form" way as him. probably not that is why you are smaller or have joint pains. I know I used to let pride get to me and thought i was awesome hitting 425 bench for two reps in my early 20's but i had to bounce the hell out of it and wondered why my chest did not look as good as others that lift close to that weight. i put my grip in closer and cleaned up the form and now im sitting at a nice 225lbs cut at 5'7" and am a lot stronger. strength is important but so is how you use it. go ahead and toss them curls up instead of properly stretching out the fibers in your biceps and wonder why they are not growing. you may lift a lot like shit but you will also look like shit and get hurt in the process.

If I knew for a scientific fact I could gain lots of muscle from repping 135 for 100, i STILL wouldnt do it, unless I had my very own private gym. When I see a guy, who is bigger than me, I assume he is also stronger than me. This is a natural response. It's irritating and aggrevating to one's ego to see someone smaller than them throwing around more weight! Train heavy, train hard.

My feelings exactly bro. I constantly compare myself to others in the gym and I strive to continue to get bigger and better and match or surpass them. I also compare myself to IFBB pro's and top national guys in my weight class, which is stupid and only counter productive lol.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws