over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To Cruise N Blast or Not???

bodybuilder1983

Newbies
Hey, what are all your thoughts on cruise and blasting....im talking running a hard 10-15 week cycle then cruising on say 250ml of test a week for a month or 2 then blasting into another cycle.

Ive talked to a lot of big guys and they seem to like this, claiming its the only way to get really big, your hormones are not fluctuating all the time like a rolller coaster from coming off and getting on. You are constantly building.

These guys are in their 30s and 40s and 50s. Im 27 i do want kids in the future, if one was to cruise and blast for a year or 2 how hard do u think it would be able to recover?

Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated thanks.

dude i hear ya man and im in the same shoes as you right now. im thinking of trying my first blast cruise myself. same age and i know all the downsides of it and im not sure if that what i wanna do or not cuz its a big decision. but i wanna get a lot bigger and last time i took time off i didnt seem to recover as well as i would have liked. im still not sure but if i do decide im gonna try low test and a decent amount of primo and see how that goes.... good luck with what you decide.

Hey, what are all your thoughts on cruise and blasting....im talking running a hard 10-15 week cycle then cruising on say 250ml of test a week for a month or 2 then blasting into another cycle.

Ive talked to a lot of big guys and they seem to like this, claiming its the only way to get really big, your hormones are not fluctuating all the time like a rolller coaster from coming off and getting on. You are constantly building.

These guys are in their 30s and 40s and 50s. Im 27 i do want kids in the future, if one was to cruise and blast for a year or 2 how hard do u think it would be able to recover?

You will get back to normal bro, it might take a few months more than usual.

I agree with those guys

interested in this thread as well. i am no means an expert on anything of this subject but just want to hear others POV on this.

im positive there are plenty of national level competitors that come off for a good amount of time but for the guys who are constantly traveling, doing photoshoots and repping their sponsors...seems like you HAVE to be one throughout the year and that comes down to Blasting and Cruising.

interested in this thread as well. i am no means an expert on anything of this subject but just want to hear others POV on this.

im positive there are plenty of national level competitors that come off for a good amount of time but for the guys who are constantly traveling, doing photoshoots and repping their sponsors...seems like you HAVE to be one throughout the year and that comes down to Blasting and Cruising.

or constant high doses

im no expert, but im definetaly younger then you and i blast and cruise

i started doing it after having the same dilema as you

all i can say is ive definetaly been able to maintain my size all year round and continue to grow

HOWEVER i should point out that blasting and cruising on 250mgs isnt the end of things, or the anser

eventually u will gain more size and strength, and ur cruise of 250mgs a week wont be enough in order to maintain ur size

many guys seem to forget this and think 250mgs is enough to cruise on forvever

i can assure you if you successfully blast and gain a good solid amount of strength and mass, after 1-2 blasts ur gonna have to bump up ur cruise dose

i know i found this to be the case, and im sure many others have

it all depends on how big and lean you really wanna get

another thing is I ALWAYS see guys (like you, and myself actually) say ' i wanna blast and cruise just 1 or 2 times to put on some serious size then come off'

this almost never happens, for 1 main reason

once ur at a level where you need to start blasting and cruising in order to keep gaining size, the size you achieve is never naturally maintainable, and the feeling of being on is addictive

so you need to consider this

remeber your i dea is to blast and cruise becoz the size u wanna achieve isnt possible if you cycle on and off

so do you think after you blast and cruise your going to maintain any of it? your just going to go back to ur natural genetic potential and eventually where u wouldve been if you had cycled on and off

blasting and cruising isnt a short term decision, its a life time decision, or something you pursue if you wanna stay on for a long time (years) then come off

and considering how uve spoken to people in ur gym who blast and cruise who seem like theyve been doing it for years, i would say this holds wat i think true to a point

APOLOGIZE for the long post

Last edited:
For a year I roughly modeled my blast/cruise as how DC outlined which made the most sence to me. It was 500mg test a week for my blast which was usually 7-12 weeks with 2-3 weeks 100mg test and clomid. I ran 500mcg hcg a week the whole time. The gains were consistent. I decided to stop using gear and the recovery took about 3 weeks and back to normal. I only did it for a year. Can't say how long the recovery would be after YEARS though.

i agree with thatbloke. The way I see it, if you choose to do AAS, it will obviously be a long term thing. At least for 20 or so years depending on when you start. Why deal with the mental stress and yo-yoing of your system when you can just stay on? When you get older, HRT might be a great option anyway. Might as well just stay on and assess your health while on. That way you can progress with your physique as opposed to gaining, then losing, repeat

I feel like if you choose to use AAS that you may as well use it as long as you can, as long as you can do it safely. I haven't been off in almost a year, but my BP is 118/70, my cholesterol is 173, and I feel great.
You do have to accept that you may never fully recover though when you do decide to be done.

I do it because I like the way I feel and the strength that I have, and the recomp effects over time. I'm not a world class bodybuilder, but I wouldn't even be where I am if I was cycling. Not to mention all the pct drugs might be worse for you than the gear.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I do like blasting and cruising also but I believe that I should have two months completely off everything a year. I still keep my gains in two months and my blood levels improve and I get a bit more of my natural balance and after two months back on again. Just as the two months of being clean comes to an end thats when you start losing some libido and just before you lose any size you go back on. Dave Palumbo told me to do ten months of gear with a two month break every year. It makes sense to me. :)

offseason - i use to be a fan of blast and cruise, but i have talked to quite a few "smart" guys who have changed my mind of how to approach things in the offseason. I am doing a lot of lab research with my rat "cecil" and cecil has been making good progress as long as i keep his diet in check {if i give cecil access to junk he tends to eat it from time to time) but now i have managed to keep cecils weight down and muscle fullness is off the charts from what cecil normally has. cecil is off all anabolics and is running peptides only giving cecils nuts a nice deserving break. cecil will no longer stay on anabolics but from now on..... time off +/- = time on pretty much with peptides ran during the full down time.

precontest - cecil will be dieted down at least once a year to as low as bodyfat as possible and will use AAS during this time but at a much lower dosage than past years.... but this will be offset with the addition of HGH at a dosage as high as i can get exerimental funding for by my university.

I am in the midst of a lot of great research right now and i may end up making a thread or log on my ongoing findings with "cecil" cecil is getting up in age now and i want to see if i can still get him to a high level of lean muscular tissue and want to see if i can get "cecil" to extreme low bodyfat percentage once or twice a year. STAY TUNED ;)

Bro, I think I'm gonna take the other side on this one. The issue is:
I do want kids in the future

You can probably get away with it, but the longer you stay shut down the greater the risks. Let's just do an upside / downside analysis for an extended blast/cruise situation.

Upside: you probably add some extra muscle (10lbs.?) vs. regular cycling
Downside: you may damage your reproductive system and have to write off the idea of kids of your own. (OTOH, maybe you can adopt.)

I guess the odds are important here. How much worse is blast and cruise vs. cycling? I don't know, and I'm not sure anyone has a definitive answer. If I had to make a "guess", my guesses that there is 1/3 chance you don't recover normal HPTA after 1-2 years. I can't justify this except to say 10% odds seem too low to me, and 60% too high. This is just my guessing.

I'm on HRT and am old; so it doesn't matter in my case. If you choose to do it, at least use HCG 2-3x per week to keep your balls half alive.

I would cycle for now, and shift to hrt / cruise /blast after the kids.

offseason - i use to be a fan of blast and cruise, but i have talked to quite a few "smart" guys who have changed my mind of how to approach things in the offseason. I am doing a lot of lab research with my rat "cecil" and cecil has been making good progress as long as i keep his diet in check {if i give cecil access to junk he tends to eat it from time to time) but now i have managed to keep cecils weight down and muscle fullness is off the charts from what cecil normally has. cecil is off all anabolics and is running peptides only giving cecils nuts a nice deserving break. cecil will no longer stay on anabolics but from now on..... time off +/- = time on pretty much with peptides ran during the full down time.

precontest - cecil will be dieted down at least once a year to as low as bodyfat as possible and will use AAS during this time but at a much lower dosage than past years.... but this will be offset with the addition of HGH at a dosage as high as i can get exerimental funding for by my university.

I am in the midst of a lot of great research right now and i may end up making a thread or log on my ongoing findings with "cecil" cecil is getting up in age now and i want to see if i can still get him to a high level of lean muscular tissue and want to see if i can get "cecil" to extreme low bodyfat percentage once or twice a year. STAY TUNED ;)

Im sure everyone would be very interested in a Cecil log of progress.

quick question, is cecil going to run peps along with anabolics during offseason or only save the peps for off cycle time??

Im sure everyone would be very interested in a Cecil log of progress.

quick question, is cecil going to run peps along with anabolics during offseason or only save the peps for off cycle time??
for now the research is only for off cycle time only. we want to see the effect the peptides have in an enviroment free of anabolics ie muscle mass aquired and bodyfat differences.

I do like blasting and cruising also but I believe that I should have two months completely off everything a year. I still keep my gains in two months and my blood levels improve and I get a bit more of my natural balance and after two months back on again. Just as the two months of being clean comes to an end thats when you start losing some libido and just before you lose any size you go back on. Dave Palumbo told me to do ten months of gear with a two month break every year. It makes sense to me. :)

I am on year #2 of doing exactly this...I do "cycles" of 500-800mg test and a couple of other items depending on what time of year it is (winter would be deca/eq/dbol and summer tren E/masteron or primo) for about 10 wks...with cruise periods of about 6 wks around 300mg test a wk.
I stay on 250iu of hcg 2x a wk when I am on, as well as 25-50mg proviron unless I am on masteron. I stay on 12.5mg exemestane when on.
10 wks a year OFF everything...run clomid and some natural test boosters (D-aspartic acid is good stuff) and let my body recover some.
Then back on, usually the higher dose "cycle" of the year is the first one, but since I don't bulk anymore that won't really occur.

At this point/age (over 30), I don't compete and it is for maintenance and health and to feel and look the way I want to. My doc said that since I am on HRT (umm he thinks) then I should never come off, but I feel since I stress my body with the extras some recovery period makes sense.

I also either run gh at 2-3iu a day or peptides (ipamorelin and ghrp2) year round now. I like what the above has done for me. I am not nearly as big as I once was, but have a better physique and feel better. Before this, I did MUCH higher dose cycles...several a year. With maybe 3-4 wks off between them where even with clomid and whatever I felt like crap. Would have been MUCH smarter doing blast/cruise OR taking longer breaks...but live and learn...

offseason - i use to be a fan of blast and cruise, but i have talked to quite a few "smart" guys who have changed my mind of how to approach things in the offseason. I am doing a lot of lab research with my rat "cecil" and cecil has been making good progress as long as i keep his diet in check {if i give cecil access to junk he tends to eat it from time to time) but now i have managed to keep cecils weight down and muscle fullness is off the charts from what cecil normally has.

Does cecil realize this when kcal are in excessive, or just when junk is there as opposed to clean foods? Or both, really?

oh yeah, and peptides look good. look as a tremendous alternative to give supernatural growth.

Does cecil realize this when kcal are in excessive, or just when junk is there as opposed to clean foods? Or both, really?

oh yeah, and peptides look good. look as a tremendous alternative to give supernatural growth.
kals are just enough to keep cecil within a given weight range, cecil's weight may jump up here and there if junk food is provided, but under "normal" diet practices cecil is only given enough food to keep his weight stable within a pre-determined range.

the extreme muscle fullness is def. a result from the current peptide proticol given to cecil and the manner in which it is given, I will give more details in my own thread, as not to take away from the original posters thread.

you are only as big as the dose you are on. blasting and cruising doesnt mean you will end up being any bigger than if you just cycled. it takes drugs to be a certain size take those drugs away or reduse them and you will shrink. very simple. if you are young and new to sport CYCLE. if you are a competitive bb'er or weightlisfter a bit older then blast and cruise on hrt dose. both groups of guys will shrink. its inevitalbe if you lower dose.
-JS

btw, what bboy is doing is spot on imo.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner