over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anthrogeek's Road to the 2017 Olympia! Sciroxx & Synthetek Sponsored Log

anthrogeekuconn

IFBB PRO / DOUBLE Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Registered
Hello ProMuscle!

I know I've been a bit scarce on here for a while, but I'm more than happy to be back! Life has been a bit hectic, but busy is good! I've decided to start up this log to help me reconnect with the board, record my progress, and share my knowledge of training and where better to log my year into the Olympia than my home forum?!

For those who don't know me, this past September I won 5th place in the Women's Physique Division at Olympia after taking a year off. During my year off, I focused on growing a business with my husband Flex2019. In March of 2015 I ended up contracting Lyme disease and was diagnosed with a non-functioning gallbladder. I had thought my years competing were over at that point. The Lyme was debilitating to the point where I couldn't feed myself, brush my teeth and some days I could not even get out of bed because the joint pain and inflammation was so bad. I had lost about 20 lbs of muscle by the time they found out what was actually wrong with me. After an intensive course of antibiotics and many many natural supplements and diet changes- I was back on my way to having a healthy body again. With the help of my coach Matt Jansen and my husband Gordon Falcetti- I was able to train my ass off and win the Chicago Pro in July of 2016 which qualified me for the 2016 Olympia. I poured my heart and soul into prepping for this year's O, and I was able to win 5th place (which pre qualifies me for the 2017 Olympia).

I've decided to put all my focus into the Olympia, I have no shows planned before it, I may jump into a few after though. I know I can secure a top 3 spot this year's at the Olympia and I will be logging my journey to that spot right here!

Luckily I have the support of both Sciroxx and Synthetek to help me get there, as they are both generously sponsoring me, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with them leading into the O. I experimented with Sciroxx DES after the Chicago Pro and was able to see noticeable results. I also utilized Synthetek's Synthetine for my entire Chicago Pro and Olympia prep this year. I've never used or experimented with any of these products during the off season, so I will be logging the results for all you guys to see.

As of right now I am just getting started with my intense off season training. I gave my self a break from training, hard dieting and supps for a little while after the Olympia to let my body recover and to let my hormones level out. I'm completely cleaned out and have been since the Olympia. My body is feeling healthy and ready for the grind.

I recently reached out to my old trainer John Meadows and he generously helped me out with a new off season training plan. I've been following his Sentinel training for the last 4 weeks and damn does it feel good to work that hard again!
This program has three phases. I'm currently in phase 2 where we are training back with high frequency, which is great for me, because back is a body part I feel I need to improve on this year.

Today was back day 1 for this week which consisted of:

Cable Rows
4 sets of 140 lbs rows for sets of 8-10
4 sets of 85 lbs deadstop dumbbell rows
4 sets of 90 lb hammer strength low rows
3 sets of 30 lbs DB pullovers

Thanks for all the support ProMuscle! I'm so happy I can take you all on this ride with me!!! :)

Hoping you put some more training videos on your YouTube channel too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great to have you back and I look forward to seeing your progress in this log. I am actually starting my own log tomorrow :)

Good too see you back Jamie. You know I am a big fan, you have some of the best legs in the business. Looking forward to your progress.

Hoping you put some more training videos on your YouTube channel too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be! Thank you for following!!

It's great to have you back and I look forward to seeing your progress in this log. I am actually starting my own log tomorrow :)

Thank you Elvia! Cool! I will have to check it out!

IMG_1177.jpg
A selfie of my current condition, more progress pics to come soon!

Good too see you back Jamie. You know I am a big fan, you have some of the best legs in the business. Looking forward to your progress.

Thank you so much!!
I love training legs so I think that helps [emoji6]
Thanks for following!!

Awesome! It is great to see female run logs, there are far too few of them.

Anthro I am so happy to hear your recovered from all of that. It just makes your story even more inspirational. You looked phenomenal in this last Olympia!

Awesome! It is great to see female run logs, there are far too few of them.

Anthro I am so happy to hear your recovered from all of that. It just makes your story even more inspirational. You looked phenomenal in this last Olympia!

Thanks so much guys! <3 I'm super happy to be back!

Lately I've been trying to cut back on the cardio, for the last couple weeks I've been doing about 5-6 sessions a week for 30 minutes, mostly because my diet has not exactly been on point. I was actually starting to feel a little shitty and was starting to feel like I didn't really want to train after eating out and off diet this past weekend, so I've made the decision to stop allowing myself so much freedom and go back to my organic and 100% clean diet. This past year was the best Ive ever looked and I know part of that had todo with no cheat meals- even in the off season.

Last night I actually trained chest for the first time in 2 years! I stopped after I had my boobs put in two years ago under the muscle. When I got the surgery I had huge pecks and because I opted to get them under the muscle there was a huge amount of trauma the muscle tissue had to go through and the recovery was terrible. When I went to try to train chest a couple months later, the pain and tightness I was getting just wasn't worth it, so I stopped training it all together. Not training it didn't seem to effect my look this year on stage, but after talking to John, he suggested I try adding a couple moves in on a very steep incline.

I was able to get 50's up for sets of 8 and then moved onto the incline bb press for 105lbs for sets of 8! I impressed myself! Not too shabby for a chick who hadn't trained chest in so long :) Needless to say I am soo sore today!

Thanks so much guys! <3 I'm super happy to be back!

Lately I've been trying to cut back on the cardio, for the last couple weeks I've been doing about 5-6 sessions a week for 30 minutes, mostly because my diet has not exactly been on point. I was actually starting to feel a little shitty and was starting to feel like I didn't really want to train after eating out and off diet this past weekend, so I've made the decision to stop allowing myself so much freedom and go back to my organic and 100% clean diet. This past year was the best Ive ever looked and I know part of that had todo with no cheat meals- even in the off season.

Last night I actually trained chest for the first time in 2 years! I stopped after I had my boobs put in two years ago under the muscle. When I got the surgery I had huge pecks and because I opted to get them under the muscle there was a huge amount of trauma the muscle tissue had to go through and the recovery was terrible. When I went to try to train chest a couple months later, the pain and tightness I was getting just wasn't worth it, so I stopped training it all together. Not training it didn't seem to effect my look this year on stage, but after talking to John, he suggested I try adding a couple moves in on a very steep incline.

I was able to get 50's up for sets of 8 and then moved onto the incline bb press for 105lbs for sets of 8! I impressed myself! Not too shabby for a chick who hadn't trained chest in so long :) Needless to say I am soo sore today!
Awesome to see you on here,and looking great as usual...

Hey guys!

I'm finally winding down from a crazy hectic week! I'm actually hosting the 1st Annual Woman's Day at my gym (Montanari Bros Powerhouse in New Haven) on January 14th. I've had a vision for this event for some years now and I finally decided this year that I would make it happen. There always seemed to be posing events or bodybuilding seminars for the guys, but never anything focused on what the women needed and wanted in this industry and sport. I created this event to give women of all walks of a life a place to ask questions, learn & meet the pros and gain a sense of empowerment and self reliance in order to succeed in any aspect of their lives. More than anything I want this event to help women become stronger inside and out- I want them to gain the confidence and knowledge they need to succeed and be happy. I also wanted the event to help those women who are less fortunate than us, so I decided to make this a charity event and all proceeds are going to be donated to New Reach which is an organization that helps support shelters for homeless women and families in CT.

So, needless to say I've been pouring most of my time, energy and soul into making this event amazing. And at first I was the one reaching out to people to be involved and to donate their time and expertise- but now, I have people coming to ME who want to be involved! It's such an inspiring experience to be part of! It's so beautiful to see my vision for this event come to life with such enthusiasm from others.

Despite being super busy with the event and work, I've been able to get some killer training in! I am now in week 5 of my mountain dog program and at this point we are training back 3 days a week- which I am really enjoying!
I've had to modify some of the barbell rowing movements into dumbbell movements because of my lower back injury. I COULD probably do the dead stop bent over smith machine rows, but I find that when I do heavy rows for back I need to stick to either chest supported movements or DB rows. I want to stay injury free and doing this all last year kept my lower back health at 100% and I still was able to grow a beautiful physique. As athletes we need to pay more attention to the cues our body is sending us and we need to listen to what is going to allow us as individuals to grow safely and effectively so we can stay in this sport for many years to come.

Even though we are training back three days a week, my recovery has been great- which I attribute to my diet being back to 100% on point. I'm feeling super strong in the gym again and my motivation is high. Here's a quick video of my 80 lb DB rows!
https://youtu.be/bqQV4HKrS2o

And here's some stretchers:
https://youtu.be/GO0OZJU8BY0

So, I ended up taking a couple extra days off from training this week, and I used the first couple days of the week as extra recovery days.
I've been having a hard time sleeping, and I only got 2 hours on Sunday and Monday night. So, seeing its the off season I actually took a couple extra days off during the week, which I rarely do. I also got a 2.5 hour massage on Tuesday morning! My therapist used the "cupping" method along with manual deep tissue, so right now I look like a fucking cheetah lol

I was finally able to get back in the gym for a good chest and tri day yesterday. I was feeling strong and well rested! All chest movements were done on a very steep incline to reduce impact on my lower pecks which causes me a lot of problems since getting my implants below the muscle.
Incline DB Press:
55 lbs X 8 reps for 3 sets
Incline Barbell:
115 lbs X 10 reps for 3 sets
Incline Machine Fly:
40lbs X 25 reps for 4 sets
Last set was followed up with 30 sec static stretches

Tricep rope pushdown:
120lbs X 8 reps (slow negatives with one sec squeeze at bottom) X 4 sets
Machine Dips:
140lbs X 10 reps (one sec squeeze at bottom of rep)
Decline Extensions:
25lbs X 8 reps X 4 sets
Last set followed up with 30 sec static stretch

Chest and Tris were pumped after this session! This is only my second time training chest in almost two years, and I must say I'm pretty damn happy with my strength right now! :) I've really missed chest training since the implants- for me chest training is empowering, pressing that weight over myself really gives me a sense of power and control. Needless to say- I'm sore as fuck today lol

I'll be starting up my Synthetek and Sciroxx supps as soon as they come in, which I'm hoping will be before the new year. I'll be talking more about the protocol and I'll post some before pics right before I start it all up.
I've been off all supps with the exception of my general health supps like my multi and digestion aids since the Olympia, so it'll be interesting to see how these products work in the off season. More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 118
Merry Christmas!

I've been pretty inconsistent in the gym and with diet for the last 2 weeks or so due to the holidays and this event I'm planning on the 14th.
This time of year I don't beat myself up if I'm not on point 100% of the time, because balance is important! I've skipped my cardio for the last 5 days or so, which has allowed me to sleep in! It feels good to finally catch up on all the sleep I was missing out on. I know realize how much I was stressing my body out with only sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night for weeks on end.
I also was more lax with my diet for the last week or so- which was nice mentally, but my body is pissed! I've got a bum gallbladder, and after eating sweetbread, perogies and cookies for 2 days straight I started getting really terrible gallbladder attacks. So, for the next two weeks I will do my gallbladder detox diet and try to flush all the sludge out of it. Here's a look at what my diet will consist of for the next couple days as I detox:

Upon waking:
Hot water with juice of one lemon

One hour later:
1/4 cup cran juice
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 scoop AD Grazed (berry flavor)

Meal 1:
Fat Free Vanilla Chobani Greek Yogurt
1/2 Scoop Metabolic Nutrition Protzyme
1/2 Grape Fruit

Meal 2:
1 Gala Apple

Meal 3:
Detox Salad-
Spinach
Cucumber
1/2 grated raw Beet
raw Carrot
Steamed asparagus
raw grated radish
apple cider vinegar
3 oz chicken w/fresh herbs

Meal 4: (Preworkout)
Chobani
1 Scoop Protzyme
1 Honey Crisp Apple

Meal 5:
Detox Salad (same as above)

Meal 6:
Detox Soup-
Kale
bok choy
fat free ground turkey
zucchini

Throughout the day I drink water infused with apple cider vinegar, lemon and pure cranberry juice. I try to keep the fats and protein to a minimum while doing this diet and after two weeks or so on this, I will go for a series of colonics and then I will return to my 100% clean diet.

The last couple weeks have been a little crazy for me! I was actually pretty sporadic with the training and diet because I was spending a great deal of my time preparing for an event at my gym I was hosting. The event was this past Saturday at the Montanari Bros Super Gym in New Haven CT and it was the 1st annual Women's Day. I had over 200 women in attendance not including the IFBB pro's and vendors who took part in the event itself.

On Friday before the event- the owner's of the gym actually put up a giant poster of me on the gym wall! This was HUGE for me! I literally cried all day!

So, now that all the excitement is over I can finally get back to the training and dieting grind!
Today was legs!

Seated Leg Curl
Worked up to 10 plates for sets of 8

Lying Leg Curl
2 sets of 20 reps with 5 plates

Squats
worked up to 225lbs X 8 reps for 2 sets

Bulgarian Split Squats
Worked up to 60lbs X 8 reps then did a drop set of death where each 8th rep was held for a 7 sec isohold! Booty on fire!!!!

It feels good to be back into the grind! Yesterday was chest & shoulder day and everything felt good and strong!
Even though I took some time off from training I was still able to get 4 awesome sets of 135lbs X 8 reps on the incline :) I absolutely love seeing those big boy plates on the bar lol
My pec minor has been acting up pretty bad now that I'm training chest again after taking two years off. So, I actually went to get some bodywork done right after the training session to fix it up after pounding on it. I'm super happy I did because today was arms and by the end of the workout my right bicep and forearm were killing me! I can't imagine what they would've felt like if I hadn't gone!
Besides the pain at the end of the workout today, arms went really good!
I started off with tri's and once I got them pumped up with some rope push downs and v-bar pushdowns I did some high rep overhead extensions with a crazy stretch. Bicep training was pretty standard- I stared with ez bar cable curls, then moved onto hammer curls and ended with preacher ez-bar curls. I really should know better and keep the ez bar preacher curls out of my workouts because they piss off my bicep tendons, but of course I did them anyhow :naughty:

I'm back! Here we go 20 weeks out from the Olympia!

Hey guys! Sorry for being MIA for a while but life got a little crazy for a few weeks there. I'm currently going though a divorce and I had to find a permanent place to live (was living with family for a couple months).
But, I finally got my own place only 10 minutes away from The Montanari Brother's Super Gym where I work and train, which is great because I had been commuting 40 minutes each way before! It's so nice to have that hour back!

Right now I'm about 20 weeks out and I'm super happy with the progress I was able to make during the offseason despite the personal bullshit I've been going through. I must say- training has been the one thing in my life that has kept me sane during these last 6 months.

I'll be starting the DES and LR3 from Sciroxx once the product comes and I will outline for you guys how I plan to use it for my research going into the Olympia. I will also be posting some training videos and before and afters so you guys can see first hand how well they work. I used the DES between Chicago and the Olympia and it was crazy to see how much it improved my back despite the contest prep diet.

I will also be starting my Syntheselen and Synthetine from Synthetek once that comes in as well. Both products helped me shred down last year and I look forward to using them again. Once I start them up I'll be sure to let you guys in on my protocol :)

Today was delts and here's a look at my workout:

Side Laterals:
6 sets of 20 reps
last two rounds I ended with 10 partial swings

Reverse Peck Deck:
Pyramid Set- 16, 12, 10, 12, 16

Machine Side Laterals:
4 sets of 10 with 4 second negatives

Neutral Grip Presses:
4 sets of 12 with 3 second negatives

Six Ways:
3 sets of 10 with 5lb plates