over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Help on Snoring?

swim15

Registered
When I dieted this past summer for my show I was getting a shitty 6 hours of sleep a night usually (partially due to tren and partially due to hunger and being low BF later on) but always woke up feeling pretty good but never snored once i lost weight.

I got down to about 200lbs stage weight.

Now I can hardly drag myself out of bed after hitting snooze on the alarm 6 times and get tired during the day. I largely feel like its due to not sleeping well from snoring. Im about 240-245 with abs right now so my bf isnt high, but Im much heavier.

Anyone have this problem? I would like to find a way to fix it without a cpap machine. havent tried breath right strips in a while but I dont remember them helping much.

if you have sleep apnea, you need to get that under control. You could die in your sleep or have a heart attack. A little getting used to a face mask is worth it if you ask me. its no joke.

there is a surgery that might help, I just cant remember what it's called. personally, surgery is a bit extreme to me.

best to see an expert in the field and find out what your options are. best of luck.

You might look like dark vader, but if you truly have sleep apnea you will begin to love it. Remember doesnt matter how hard we eat or train if we donnot get proper rest, body suffers.

if you have sleep apnea, you need to get that under control. You could die in your sleep or have a heart attack. A little getting used to a face mask is worth it if you ask me. its no joke.

there is a surgery that might help, I just cant remember what it's called. personally, surgery is a bit extreme to me.

best to see an expert in the field and find out what your options are. best of luck.

OR

he can do the obvious thing and control his weight

OP, is it worth it to have terrible sleep and potentially sleep apnea just so you can be bigger? If the answer for you is yes, get a mask/machine. If it's not, drop some size and enjoy life

Best thing I ever did was get a CPAP machine. World of difference. Better sleep, more energy, better work outs, etc.

CPAP or lose the weight, I had to drop a lot of weight I was a snoring son of a bitch at 275+
Now if I keep my weight under 270 Im good.

OR

he can do the obvious thing and control his weight

OP, is it worth it to have terrible sleep and potentially sleep apnea just so you can be bigger? If the answer for you is yes, get a mask/machine. If it's not, drop some size and enjoy life

True, losing weight helps, if not eliminates the need to worry about it.

Not to be a Debbie downer here. Weight has very little to do with OSA, as once thought. Our Jaw structure and tongue width play a bigger role in OSA, than weight. Extra body weight, definitely has significance.

I, myself have severe OSA. This is related to my tongue width.

To the op. Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), CNS dysfunction, cognitive decline, T2D (type 2 diabetes), parasympathetic/sympathetic dysfunction (connected to the CNS dysfunction). Are all common place in untreated OSA. It's just a matter of time before all the pathological effects from untreated OSA rear's their ugly head.

I would take your snoring very seriously.

coincidentally i just got a CPAP machine last friday. ive seen this subject pop up on this forum a few times in the past has anybody here ever gone through with the surgery? it'd be cool to have someone who has chime in.

OSA is a major problem and should be diagnosed and treated very early on. Just because you snore does not mean you have OSA but if you snore there is more than 50% possibility that you have it. A great indicator is neck diameter more than 16-17" increases your chances by several folds.

However, you cant just diagnose yourself. You need a sleep study done. The old traditional way was to go to a sleep center and spend the night and they hook you up to multiple sensors and test how many times your oxygen levels desaturate, number of times you stop breathing, length of time etc etc. However, now there are home testing where they give you the machine that is size of a lap top with the sensors and you sleep in your own bed which is way more comfortable than a lab. The cost is significantly less than the traditional way of doing it.

Then depending on how many times you desaturate, how many times you become apneic, and other factors that are beyond this discussion I would prescribe a machine and then the oxygen needs to be titrated to your needs. Not everyone needs the same treatment. So this is not something you just order and start using.

Bottom line if you have a thick ass neck and you snore go to a doctor and get a sleep study done. ASAP.

OSA is a major problem and should be diagnosed and treated very early on. Just because you snore does not mean you have OSA but if you snore there is more than 50% possibility that you have it. A great indicator is neck diameter more than 16-17" increases your chances by several folds.

However, you cant just diagnose yourself. You need a sleep study done. The old traditional way was to go to a sleep center and spend the night and they hook you up to multiple sensors and test how many times your oxygen levels desaturate, number of times you stop breathing, length of time etc etc. However, now there are home testing where they give you the machine that is size of a lap top with the sensors and you sleep in your own bed which is way more comfortable than a lab. The cost is significantly less than the traditional way of doing it.

Then depending on how many times you desaturate, how many times you become apneic, and other factors that are beyond this discussion I would prescribe a machine and then the oxygen needs to be titrated to your needs. Not everyone needs the same treatment. So this is not something you just order and start using.

Bottom line if you have a thick ass neck and you snore go to a doctor and get a sleep study done. ASAP.

How curable is OSA? I think I used to have it at my biggest (was told I snored like crazy back then and had insomnia) but now, I sleep well and don't snore as I am not quite as large at the moment.

How curable is OSA? I think I used to have it at my biggest (was told I snored like crazy back then and had insomnia) but now, I sleep well and don't snore as I am not quite as large at the moment.

"curable" is a tough word when it comes to OSA. It is in smaller percentage of population and there are ways to improve but mostly you just have to treat it. There are some patients that upon evaluation are a definitely surgical candidate and depending on anatomy doing a uvulectomy/tonsillectomy can sometimes cause a 100% cure but it will suck cause you will be choking on a lot of things due to lack of a uvula. More than half with surgery will still have some mild OSA which may still require o2.

I have heard the mouth pieces work for a lot of peeps. I have a buddy who snored like a grizzly bear and he got a mouth piece from puresleep.com and he doesn't snore anymore. His wife wouldn't even sleep in the same room with him. I snore pretty bad and I'm thinking of trying one out but will probably have a dentist make me one instead of ordering one on the net like he did. I got a sleep study done and was told i sleep pretty well just snore. That was years ago though.

IS it possible to not snore but still have OSA? I ask because under certain circumstances I snore(weight gain, large meal prebed, sleeping position) and sometimes I do not.

Yes its possible not to snore and have sleep apnea. Those with central sleep apnea, which is different than obstructive sleep apnea, generally do not snore. As well, some with OSA snore very quietly or have shunted breathing or shunted respiration. As alpha pointed out, snoring is commonly associated with OSA. Yet it doesn't always mean someone has OSA.

My advice is, if you suspect that you have OSA or sleep apnea it's best to have a sleep study done.

Last edited:
Thank you I will make an appointment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member