IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
George Farrah has stage 4 Colon cancer.

Shit. We're on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I hope that the remainder of his life will be full and will pray for a peaceful transition.

Wow. That's too bad. Any correlation to the gut damage he took from the gunshots?

Wow, that's so sad. He has seemd okay in videos. Guess you never know

Wow, that's so sad. He has seemd okay in videos. Guess you never know

Most of the bodybuilders suffers with inflammatory bowel disease, with out knowing, and with ulcerative colitis and Chron's disease, which increases the risk of developing colorectal cancer, the longer a person has had inflammatory bowel disease, the greater his or her chance of developing colorectal cancer.

Most of the bodybuilders suffers with inflammatory bowel disease, with out knowing, and with ulcerative colitis and Chron's disease, which increases the risk of developing colorectal cancer, the longer a person has had inflammatory bowel disease, the greater his or her chance of developing colorectal cancer.

Is this due to diet (increased calories/protein), the inflammatory effects of steroids and bb related drugs, or both?

That such a shame wish him the best. Maybe he will be more humble and not take credit for all his athletes wins.

Guys... No one knows how george got colon cancer.. Genetics... Diet... Etc who knows... My mother and grandfather had colon cancer.. Two women at work are going through chemo as we speak for colon cancer.. And none of them partake in extreme diets or gear.. It's a very common cancer..

That's really sad. I hope he beats it. We need him in this sport

This kind of stuff scares me quiet a bit. I have IBS and suffer from lots of digestive issues

That's really sad. I hope he beats it. We need him in this sport

Stage IV cancer has metastasized (mets). Stage IVa is mets to one organ, stage IVb is mets to two or more organs. 5 year survival rates are about 11% and 8% respectively. Meaning only 8-11% of patients with this diagnosis will be alive in 5 years. It really is terrible. I feel horrible for him.

Stage I colon CA by comparison has a 93% survival rate.

You must be compliant with your colorectal screening schedule. DO NOT fuck around and miss screening because it is incovienant and you don't like shitting all day and getting a tube stuck up your ass. I don't know how much I can stress this. I know two people personally who have died from this in the past year.

If anyone in your immediate family has had colon CA or you have any other reason to believe your risk may be increased you should have your first colonoscopy at 40 or ten years younger than the age of the affected relative at time of diagnosis, whichever is earlier. Normal risk factor you start at 50 or do some of the more non-invasive screening. The other two men I know were in their 60s and one was a physician amazingly enough. Unfortunately for George he would have to have known he was high risk as he is 45. Here are the screening guidelines everyone should follow. Once you start bleeding out your ass it's likely too late and you will die a horrible death sans a miracle. Don't say you were not warned!

Recommended screening tests and intervals are—

High-sensitivity fecal occult blood test (FOBT), which checks for hidden blood in three consecutive stool samples; should be done every year.

Flexible sigmoidoscopy, where physicians use a flexible, lighted tube (sigmoidoscope) to look at the interior walls of the rectum and part of the colon; should be done every five years with FOBT every three years.

Colonoscopy, where physicians use a flexible, lighted tube (colonoscope) to look at the interior walls of the rectum and the entire colon; should be done every 10 years. During this procedure, samples of tissue may be collected for closer examination, or polyps may be removed. Colonoscopies can be used as screening tests or as follow-up diagnostic tools when the results of another screening test are positive.

Colonoscopy also is used as a diagnostic test when a person has symptoms, and it can be used as a follow-up test when the results of another colorectal cancer screening test are unclear or abnormal.

The decision to be screened after age 75 should be made on an individual basis.

If you have really good insurance or a lot of cash there is a camera pill that you can swallow now and shit out.

Rex.

A camera pill? Seriously? That is awesome. I have never heard of that until now.

A camera pill? Seriously? That is awesome. I have never heard of that until now.

Hey Mike, yeah capsule endoscopy. The FDA approved the PillCam about 3 years ago now I believe. Morgan Spurlock had one on that CNN show he had awhile back. I don't really like CNN or Spurlock but you got to see the whole procedure. I don't think it was approved here yet then. It was a story on medical tourism he had it done in Thailand. The biggest obstacle has been awareness and insurance reiumbursement. And if they find a polyp for example you'll have to have a colonoscopy to have it removed obviously. But it's great you can swallow it and go to work like normal instead of the tube up your ass and Demerol & Versed.

Rex.

Hey Mike, yeah capsule endoscopy. The FDA approved the PillCam about 3 years ago now I believe. Morgan Spurlock had one on that CNN show he had awhile back. I don't really like CNN or Spurlock but you got to see the whole procedure. I don't think it was approved here yet then. It was a story on medical tourism he had it done in Thailand. The biggest obstacle has been awareness and insurance reiumbursement. And if they find a polyp for example you'll have to have a colonoscopy to have it removed obviously. But it's great you can swallow it and go to work like normal instead of the tube up your ass and Demerol & Versed.

Rex.

Yea, that is super cool. I was talking with my wife earlier today about us getting close to the age where these types of check-up procedures are going to be necessary.

That sounds like a way better alternative. I will definitely be looking into that.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear