over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Middle Age Dead Bodybuilders

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Dead BodyBuilders - YouTube

Mike Mentzer died 2001 age 49 heart complications
Ray Mentzer died 2001 age 47 Berger's disease(build-up of cholesterol plaques in the arteries), endocarditis (an infection of the lining of the heart)
Ron Teufel died 2002 age 45 liver failure
Scott Klein died 2003 age 30 reportedly kidney failure and also suicide
Sonny Schmidt died 2004 age 51 cancer
Robert Benavente 2004 age 30 massive heart attack
Charles Durr 2005 age 44 enlarged heart
Don Youngblood 2005 age 51 massive heart attack
Paul Demayo 2005 age 38 heroin overdose
Fannie Barrios 2005 age 41 (female) apparent stroke
Eric Otero 2006 age 37 infection in his tooth that entered his bloodstream
Eduardo Kawak 2006 age 47 heart attack
Rob Sager 2007 age 29 HEART FAILURE
Greg Deferro 2007 age 53 heart disease
Dan Puckett 2007 age 22 heart condition
Shelley Beattie 2008 age 39 (female) depression for six weeks before she hung herself
Joe Meeko 2009 age 48 Lyme disease
Luke Wood 2011 age 35 kidney failure and heart failure
Carlos Rodriguez 1991 age 48 stomach cancer
Mohammed Benaziza 1992 age 33 he took an injection of clenbuterol
Ray McNeil 1995 age 29 killed by his wife
Andreas Münzer 1996 age 31 liver and then kidneys failed
Johnny Fuller 2006 age 62 cancer
Wilfred Sylvester 2006 age 62 alzheimers
Derrick Whitsett 2004 age 38 heart attack
Trevor Smith 2004 age 33 No official cause but he was 400lbs 6ft 1"
Curtis Leffler 1998 age 36 heart attack
Hans Hopstaken 2002 age 45 unspecified heart condition, or pnuemonia
Art Atwood 2011 age 38 heart attack
Bj johns 1995-1996? age 34 New Zealand Heart attack
lou barrie 2001 age 40 died instantly after a massive heart
Claudia Bianchi 2004 age 34 blocked arteries
Big Boss Man' Ray Traylor 2004 age 41 heart attack
Marianna Komlos 2004 age 35 breast cancer
Luke Iams 2003 age unsure 40's heart attack
Anthony Clark 2005 age 39 massive heart attack
Mannie Hamilton 2005 age 62 heart attack
Roger Estep 2005 brain cancer
John Riggins 2005 age 33 kidneys failed, liver stopped functioning, lungs filling up with fluid and he has pneumonia
John Ware 2005 Age 46 (former PLer; current football coach) heart attack
Doug Young, 2005 age 61, powerlifter massive heart attack
Norm Dabish, 2005 age 46, Co-founder of Powerhouse Gyms. heart attack
Herb Glossbrenner, 2005 age 63, suffers stoke
Steve Courson 2005 Steroid whistle blowers for the NFL Steve Courson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia crushed to death
Eddie Guerrero, 2005 age 38. acute heart failure due to arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease (artery wall thickens as a result of the accumulation of fatty materials such as cholesterol)
Hans Ossner, 2006 age 64 cancer
Dave Barno, 2006 age 35 dead lifting while back was broken
Russ Knipp 2006 age 63 heart attack

For 2004:
Jan 3 Gary Cleveland
Feb 22 Bob Bednarski
Mar 14 Stuart Cameron
May 29 Werner Selig, age 42
Aug 7 Mark Wallace (1993 NPC Mr. Georgia)
Oct 4 John Carl Mese
Oct 5 Jeff Allen
Oct 30 John Patrick O'Shea
Nov 5 P.G. Taylor
Nov 24 Martin Cypher
Dec 5 Dean Lotz
Dec 16 Ursula Buckanes-Henry
Don Crain also died but I am unaware of the date.

For 2005:
Jan 10 Helmut Losch died age 58
May 24 Gordon Wong aged 63
Jun 01, Joe Hornick died
Sep 1 Hannah Claire Means died age 17 (lifter)
Oct 1? Phil Hile, 39, powerlifter
Barbara Beasley born Nov 2nd 1954, died Nov 3rd 2005 age 51

For 2006:
Jan 16 George Crawford age 59
Apr 5 Dave Moyer died; WLer, PLer.
Apr 7 Rick Tuller died age 53. PLer.
Apr 23 Jason Keene died. Pler, BBer. born Aug 21, 1974. age 32

From left to right, year the man won the Mr. America AAU title, year of passing, name:
1944 - 1978 Steve Stanko age 61
1958 - 1974 Tom Sansone age 38 cancer directly related from steroids as cause of death
1963 - 1993 Vern Weaver age 56
1974 - 2003 Ron Thompson age 59
1977 - 1986 Dave Johns age 40
1992 - 2003 Mike Scarcella age 39 siezures due to GHB withdrawl

I would like to see the list of people who never touched AAS and died from heart disease or alcohol/alcohol related accidents before their 60's.

I would like to see the list of people who never touched AAS and died from heart disease or alcohol/alcohol related accidents before their 60's.

Finally, we present these figures showing the incident rate per 10,000 of hospitalizing heart attacks. These figures are taken over New York State in America.
Age Group Rate Per 10,000 People
0 - 34 0.3
35 - 44 6.7
45 - 54 18.7
55 - 64 37.4
65 - 74 66.7
75 - 84 116.2
85+ 189.3

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! =P

and a bonus

Athletic heart syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a reason why life insurance companies will deny you insurance if they know you take anabolic steroids. You are fooling yourself if you dont think taking these hormones increases your chances of serious life threatening events.

welll inject. steroids are not the main problem...

Is it ORAL STEROIDS (liver/kidney), cutting drug and being too much overweight.

that's said, of course very high dose of steroids is a bad factor as well, but classic 10-16 week of inject. 1g/week cycle 2 times a year will never kill anyone.

There is a reason why life insurance companies will deny you insurance if they know you take anabolic steroids. You are fooling yourself if you dont think taking these hormones increases your chances of serious life threatening events.

Alot of members like to think that the media has it all wrong...that the side effects of steroids are blown way out of proportion....well to some degrees yes...but to actually think that we are not taking time off our lives by using this shit is completely ignorant and stupid!

no offence but i dont see the point in these threads as there will always be those that argue steroids are to blame and those that fight it saying steroids are safe.

just last week here in the UK a premier soccer player age 23 dropped down on the field suffering cardiac arrest. slim muscular physique in the upper levels of peak conditioning and certain he never used roids. does this prove anything...no it just shows that sadly there are no guarantees with the human body

no offence but i dont see the point in these threads as there will always be those that argue steroids are to blame and those that fight it saying steroids are safe.

just last week here in the UK a premier soccer player age 23 dropped down on the field suffering cardiac arrest. slim muscular physique in the upper levels of peak conditioning and certain he never used roids. does this prove anything...no it just shows that sadly there are no guarantees with the human body

gotta agree, you can go to bed one night and never wake up, you will never know when stuff will happen to you, and we're all gonna die one day, why not do exactly what you love in life, if thats bodybuilding so be it, we all know the risks of shooting stuff into ourself, but look at it this way, you got one life, you wanna be the mindless drone, just doing what everyone else is doing, or do you wanna be THAT guy that is living the life to the fullest, not regreating about what you didnt do yesterday

I am not trying to scared you guys, just saying that high dosages are the blame.

my field of employment means i work with the dreggs of society everyday. im often amazed at the amount that are late 50-60's that use crack smoke cigs like crazy and drink super strength cider all day. they also have shit diets and eat as and when. these seem to live forever and very rarely come down with even a cold..how??

is it they have zero levels of stress and not a care in the world other than where the next drink is??

I am not trying to scared you guys, just saying that high dosages are the blame.

kinda got that:)

I mean, we shouldnt be totally ignorant either and say, well show us the bodies, theres no direct kills of steroids, no its not, but there is a reason that almost all the bodybuilders that do die, either die of heart attack or kidney failure, or something related to the organs

Honestly threads like this are scarry as hell.Theres alot of ppl. on that list I thought were still alive WOW.In the early 2000's etc we never heard about ppl. posting the bad like having heart trouble etc.I think its good for youngsters to see this shit.We've all been warned and moderation is key.Take care all,

health risks and complications are a very real part of what we do, fact ..thanks for the reminder BC

this is very eye opening. I would have to venture to guess that nearly all of these guys used high doses for years at a time

Hey, at least it looks like cancer incidence between pro bodybuilders is rather low. How come, after decades of their life using pure DHT, they don't all get prostate cancer?
Serioursly, this list doesn't scare me at all: it only means we need to make use of our habit in moderation and watch our heart.

The more steroids you take, the more it tends to drop your HDL. HDL is the longevity factor; high HDL means no plaque in your arteries and no heart problems (arrhythmia may occasionally be present but unassociated with cholesterol).

Genetics is an overriding factor that supersedes any other causal factors. Your father dies at 50 of a heart attack - be careful with your HDL.

My normal HDL is 80; when I'm on gear it is 45. 40 and below correlate with heart issues. I never take over 1 gram total a week.

We know the more you take the more risk of lowering HDL even further. HDL is the blood profile you should be most attentive to.

Now if you are taking a bunch of orals...watch out liver!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear