over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

8-1/2 Weeks to Go - Xcel's Progress Report

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well - I just got back from getting my body composition checked. In 7 days I went from 8.2% BF to 7.3% BF (1-1/2 lbs Fat). At this rate, I'll be under 0% - LOL

He said that we're onto something that works for me with this cyclic diet. He want me to keep the Protein as planned (high) but decrease carbs and fats 10% for each 4-day cycle from what I describred in another post.

He thinks that I'm right on target - but then again, he's as good as me regarding positive reinforcement. :)

I showed him that my biceps were starting to show a "split." He looks at my left side and said he can see where I tore the muscle (lateral tear) a while ago - WTF. I've never torn my biceps that I know of?!?! My right arm is MUCH larger than my left. My left arm is MUCH more cut and defined than the right!

He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know as far as prep - do more posing, work on transitions, and do more mid-section workouts.

I'll try and keep y'all posted as it keeps me from goin' nuts!

xcel

yeah , same thing for me , right arm so much more defined than the left while the left is bigger (i'm left handed ) .
how r u working the mid section bro ?? using weights ?? how often etc ??
evrything seems to be working fine for u :) . keep us informed bro .

Bear in mind that I have a TON of "loose" skin at oblique and lower back area.

Start out standing, using a broomstick (no weights!!)
100 side bends (50 per side)
100 twists (50 per side)
100 twisting/bend-over-straighten-up (50 per side)

Then I hit the floor. I focus hard on keeping midsection "tight" when performing these exercises:
50 Leg Raises over-the head (legs kept straight - esp on initial up and last lowering part)
100 Alternating Crunches (50 per side)
50 Straight-on Crunches
50 Grab-Knees (make sure legs kept straight - esp on initial up and last lowering part)

Takes about 20 minutes.

xcel

xcel , i found this small answer by charles poliquin on working ur obliques with broomsticks , u might want to take a read :
"As far as doing twists with a broom stick, they'll do as much for your obliques as Monica does for Bill's popularity in the Bible Belt. Why? A broom stick puts a minimal load on the obliques. Since you're not fighting against gravity, you're not subjecting the muscles to any kind of overload. Effective oblique recruitment requires a load greater than that imposed by a broomstick and correct body positioning in relation to gravity. If you want to learn more on how to train the obliques effectively, you may want to consult the excellent performance video tapes by Paul Chek. To find out more about them or to purchase them, call 1-800-552-8789. "

u will find that above answer in the article "question of strength" on t-mag , article 3 , may 29 , 1998 .
also my bro , i wudnt suggest going over 20 reps for any ab exercise , even slow twitch muscle is being worked well enuf with 20 reps , maybe u cud use some kind of external resistance for ur abs , as they dont grow forward too much .

Thanks bro, I'd like to see what Paul Check says but not really willing to buy his tape. You shouldn't need to but a tape to find out about an exercise - sounds like too much of a "gimick", kinda like buy my video and get huge.

As far as what Poliquin says - I'm NOT trying to increase oblliques strength or size. The idea is to work the midsection and "tighten" the skin.

I've done this type of workout once, before my first competition. They gave away best bodypart awards and I nearly won best abs! So -I know it works for me.

xcel

wasnt talking of increasing size bro , but ofcourse i'm sure u realise when the muscle contracts , it wud most definitely use some adipose in the surrounding muscle tissue . sort of like larry scott's ring of fire idea . i posted that paragraph becos i felt maybe u werent getting the best possible contraction thro using a broom , but ofcourse i'm sure u know what works for u man :) .
keep us updated bro .

When I twist, I go as far as I can. I go so far that I need to keep my knees slightly bent as it puts too pressure on them and feel like I'm going to tweak them :)

xcel

Hey Xcel hows cardio with this diet.. im on basically the same diet cardio free and want to know what to expect..

sounds like your right on track Xcel , also whats your training split look like at this point , keep up the good work buddy.

I'm doing 2 weight days then 1 cardio. I end up working each bodypart 1 time every 6 days. Trying to do abs ED but at least 2 out of 3 days. Cardio consists of first thing in AM, low intensity on stepper for 40 minutes.

xcel

Remembrer.... Dont overtrain, be easy man, i think this is to much workout to your abs, i train my mid seccion with heavy weights with cables, abs, oblic and serrates in 5 minutes, hard breaf and enfrequent, your mid sec is going to be better with a lower bf, but you have to wait the diet low down your bf do not push the proses with more train bc you overtrain and loose mass and strenght, and you will look flat....

your friend,
Bigheinz

Last edited:
bigheinz said:
Remembrer.... Dont overtrain, be easy man, i think this is to much workout to your abs, i train my mid seccion with heavy weights with cables, abs, oblic and serrates in 5 minutes, hard breaf and enfrequent, your mid sec is going to be better with a lower bf, but you have to wait the diet low down your bf do not push the proses with more train bc you overtrain and loose mass and strenght, and you will look flat....
Thanks for reminding this bigheinz!

In order for me to win, I MUST be ripped not huge. I KNOW that if I come in "ripped" I'll take the gold. There's someone in my class that comes in ripped and wins every time. I've been told by several that I have much more mass than him - so ripped i get (but I don't want to lose my muscle in the process).

The problem is - if I don't do what I stated, NO progress is made. I JUST measured my waist and in the last 10 days I've lost over an inch!!!! :D

xcel

Ok bro i think you are in a good way, remember "More is not better" like Mike Mentzer used to say, and always remember your own words:
Lift Smarter, not more
60% Nutrition - 25% Workout - 10% Rest - 5% Supplementation

Xcel,

Don't forget the old Preparation H for that looser skin than you would like.

It acts as a local vasoconstictor so it will tighten them up somewhat and yes it does work

Keep it up, it's working

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

Sorry guys - the SuperClen really make me as looney as all get-out!

As of today, Saturday, 03/15/03, I have 8 weeks to go. There you go! As I just typed this, I realized that this post was 8-"1/2" weeks, which WAS correct!

Anyways SHIT'S happening daily - I mean I can really start to "see" changes. Either that or it's just this SuperClen that has me dillusional! :confused:

xcel

I feel you bro I am on some 40mcg clen tabs now and feel spaced out all day.

HERE'S HOW FRIGGIN' LOONEY I AM - IT'S "9" WEEKS AS OF TODAY This should have been 9-1/2 week progress report!

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity