over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help. Boils on scalp

superbigd

Registered
Hey guys I'm curious if anyone else suffers from this same problem where about once every couple months I get a big boil on my scalp that I have to wind up popping after it gets to point. But it's painful and sore so what do you guys do I prevent them or what causes them? Thanks guys.

I think its usually caused by a clogged up hair follicle. Perhaps youre using too much hair gel or other additives to the hair? Hard to say.

Tough to call.
There's stuff called Nizoral shampoo with Ketoconazole 2% for scalp bumps/boils they get in Europe a lot.

Good luck finding a Dr that can figure it out in the US. Even a dermatologist will likely just call it psoriasis and give you 2 expensive scripts that don't help.

Sometimes I get bumps when I eat tons of anti-oxidants. Maybe the skin is the last stop when the body expels the toxic crap floating around in there.

Last edited:
. Goes in cycles for me. Have them for 4 weeks then they clear up for awhile. I think mine has to do with the minoxidil and niazorl I use. The more I use of those the more boils I get on the scalp.

I had a similar issue...mine felt like big pimples on my scalp which were very painful/itchy and would eventually pop, bleed, then scab. Very annoying during haircuts and brushing my hair. After about 2 months I knew they weren't going away on their own so saw a dermatologist who prescribed an oral medicine and topical solution for my scalp. I believe they were sulfur based, I'll get the names and post. Doctor never really gave an exact diagnosis but they cleared up in about a week or two and haven't returned.

I'm usually pretty obsessive about my skin and scalp so I go right to a dermatologist for treatment before trying tons of over the counter meds. If they're not clearing up on their own, there is usually an issue which requires a script.

I had a similar issue...mine felt like big pimples on my scalp which were very painful/itchy and would eventually pop, bleed, then scab. Very annoying during haircuts and brushing my hair. After about 2 months I knew they weren't going away on their own so saw a dermatologist who prescribed an oral medicine and topical solution for my scalp. I believe they were sulfur based, I'll get the names and post. Doctor never really gave an exact diagnosis but they cleared up in about a week or two and haven't returned.

I'm usually pretty obsessive about my skin and scalp so I go right to a dermatologist for treatment before trying tons of over the counter meds. If they're not clearing up on their own, there is usually an issue which requires a script.

This is exactly what I have especially while on anything. Please do pass along the meds. Did you have to continue to take them or did you just run a course? Would they flare up more when you were ON?

Bot fly

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

What does that mean? The ones I get on my scalp don't really ever turn into a head unless I try and pop them but they are deep under the skin and are like the size of a dime and then once I pop them they go away. It's so weird and it's only on my scalp!

Hey guys I'm curious if anyone else suffers from this same problem where about once every couple months I get a big boil on my scalp that I have to wind up popping after it gets to point. But it's painful and sore so what do you guys do I prevent them or what causes them? Thanks guys.

Had the same problem. Its called Folliculitis( Spelling ). You have a bacteria on the scalp that lead to ingrown hairs. Go see a dermo. Most likely you got it from the gym or a barber. Treat this seriously because it could lead to permanent bald spots. Doc put me on antibiotics and 2 different types of scrub foams.

What does that mean? The ones I get on my scalp don't really ever turn into a head unless I try and pop them but they are deep under the skin and are like the size of a dime and then once I pop them they go away. It's so weird and it's only on my scalp!

He's just messin with u. A bot fly larvae is a parasite u get from a mosquito bit from South American countries. The larvae lives under ur skin for a good while eating u and growing larger. It eventually crawls out and continues on its life cycle. Search for it on YouTube. It's pretty gross. Very similar to a warble in a squirrel for all u country folk and hillbillies like me who hunt squirrels.

I was absolutely plagued by these when I was a "natural" athlete. I went "on", never came off, and guess what? They completely cleared up, I rarely get a small zit on my scalp these days. I honestly think it has something to do with fluctuating hormone levels.

Amped.. any word bro?

Anyone know where to get 2% Nizoral in the USA?

You can get it on amazon, international source though.

I get something like that when I get lazy and don't wash my douche rag often enough. Coal tar and/or nizoral clears it up.

I get something like that when I get lazy and don't wash my douche rag often enough. Coal tar and/or nizoral clears it up.

Well, some have it worse than others and it has nothing to do with being lazy with their "douche rag". Just be thankful you don't have to deal with it.

Thank you for enlightening me :rolleyes:

Is it one boil that keeps returning? Or is it in multiple spots?

Maybe its not a boil, some brands of anabolics have given me bad breakouts. It has to do with something they are using in the chemical make up. Havent look into it enough I changed brands and its stopped the problem.

You might be experiencing cystic acne. They are like boils. They are big and hard, also hurt like a bitch. You have them on your scalp. Mine chooses spots which is very weird. One time it was on my back, once on my arms, then once traveled to my forehead. I stopped and got medication in time before that got out of hand.

A dermatologist is your best bet. I was put on minocycline not sure if that's the correct spelling. But it cleared it up fairly quickly. Topical stuff really dosent help to much. Benyzol peroxide can help a little. OXY makes some great stuff. But to really fix the problem the root cause is hormonal. A trip to the dermatologist will help you out greatly.

Can you post a link? I don't see it on amazon.

YGPM

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420