over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CPWO Diet

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
Have any of you guys every employed a CPWO (carbless post workout) diet for getting lean and had success? Obviously, if in a lean mass / bulk phase it is not ideal. However, a lot of guys over at Dat's forum seem to have a lot of luck using CPWO to get leaner. One recent post said the guy was stuck at a certain BF% using CBL (carb back loading) and that when he switched to CPWO he dropped that last bit of BF he was stuck at.

In a nutshell, the concept is you want to keep insulin sensitivity created by workout out high, not blunt it with a bunch of carbs. You can replenish glycogen in the morning or later that day before the workout. The idea is you only need carbs to prepare for intense activity. Replenishing muscle and liver glycogen is not necessary to induce protein synthesis or recovery that evening; in fact, there is no need to replenish glycogen until the next physical activity session.

Your evening workout is followed by a carbless HIGH protein meal (with or without fat depending on goals) and you carry that over into the next day until you have you first carb meal. Some ride this out and fast through morning and dont have a first meal until noon. Some dont and start having carbs upon rising. You then have carbs (at whatever level you choose) with the meals throughout your day and about 1hr before your workout. Then PWO, no carbs again that night. If you work out in the AM, CPWO is obviously harder to implement (waiting at least 4 hours PWO before carbs) but I work out in the evening and it would be very easy to do.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Try it. YourProbably love it. In terms of results the best protocol I've ever ran, for both growth and fat loss. Problem is I feel pretty shit on it and get bad tempered until I get my carbs. Otherwise I'd always rat this way. I workout am. In just carbed up pre bed and trained carbles. Worked well. I'd go 24 plus hours carbles if not training the next day. Insulin sensitivity the biggest key to Lean gains imo. I just choose other methods to keep it good

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Has worked well for me in the past. Really flattened out my stomach, to a point that regular caloric deficit dieting did not. Some times it works well with one's schedule and some times it does not. I like it. Give it a shot you will know within a couple weeks if it is for you or not.

I train late 3 days a week due to work schedule 7:30-9 ish and my last meal is 5 whole eggs, then bed.

I tried it while training earlier in the day and it was the worst thing I have ever done hahah. I felt like pure ass and recovery sucked a fat one. Didnt really notice any sped up fat loss over evenly dividing carbs throughout the day. I guess it could be different if you train before bed but I would never purposely do that myself if I could avoid it.

Not for me...

I tried it while training earlier in the day and it was the worst thing I have ever done hahah. I felt like pure ass and recovery sucked a fat one. Didnt really notice any sped up fat loss over evenly dividing carbs throughout the day. I guess it could be different if you train before bed but I would never purposely do that myself if I could avoid it.

Not for me...

I dont think I could make this work if I trained early AM either. It seems doable if you train at night and have 1 final solid meal before bed. It would be much harder to train early AM then abstain from all carbs for 4-5 hours in the day and probably through your lunch meal.

I tried it while training earlier in the day and it was the worst thing I have ever done hahah.

I dont think I could make this work if I trained early AM either. It seems doable if you train at night and have 1 final solid meal before bed. It would be much harder to train early AM then abstain from all carbs for 4-5 hours in the day and probably through your lunch meal.

I've been doing this for a few months and like it. I initially wanted to try it on a cut based on what I read here: The Truth About Post-Workout Nutrition | Dr. Chad Waterbury | Transforming Through Performance

I've decided to keep the protocol as I put on weight to minimize fat gain in addition to carbohydrate and calorie cycling. I find I have more stable energy and can control junk food cravings much better by waiting, in my case, 7 hours until I have carbs. In order to make it work I think you need to increase fats accordingly. A training day for me looks like this

Wake up: 15g BCAA's, 10g citrulline malate

Train

30 minutes after training: 54g whey isolate

60 minutes after that: 54g whey isolate, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp almond butter

60 minutes after that: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup egg whites

4 hours later: protein & carbs

This topic has my intrest. I will be following this thread

But whey protein spikes insulin too

Has nothing to do about keeping insulin levels low. It has to do with keeping muscle glycogen depleted pwo. Many CPWO guys pin 2iu humulin pwo with their whey isolate

I did 3 meals prior, 2 with carbs. HGh pre workout and insulin pwo. It was amazing for recomp

Fat/protein
Slow carb/ protein
Medium GI carb/protein
HGh+ workout
Whey+insulin
Protein only
Protein/EFAs

Overall I think we make nutrition more complicated than it has to be. Nutrition timing can make a difference to some degree but overall being in a calorie deficit is the main factor to weight loss. How much fat to muscle loss is determined by a number of factors such as sleep, training, macros, hormones, etc.

Most important for fat loss

1. Calorie deficit/nutrition
2. Sleep (studies show enough sleep helps burn more fat than muscle
3. Training (gives a reason your body needs to keep muscle tissue)
4. Nutrition timing

In my opinion carbs are a fast energy source. When dieting you want to ensure you have the best workout and recovery possible. It makes sense to me to have most of all of my carbs pre workout and post workout. That is when you need energy to fuel your workouts and repair muscles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it. Horrible. I was so achy from head to toe doing this I only lasted a week. Training suffered. Work suffered. I walked around all day low energy zombie. The worst was the day after back day. I felt like I had been hit by a train.

Never again

Has nothing to do about keeping insulin levels low. It has to do with keeping muscle glycogen depleted pwo. Many CPWO guys pin 2iu humulin pwo with their whey isolate

I did 3 meals prior, 2 with carbs. HGh pre workout and insulin pwo. It was amazing for recomp

Fat/protein
Slow carb/ protein
Medium GI carb/protein
HGh+ workout
Whey+insulin
Protein only
Protein/EFAs

But being glycogen depleted what has to do with fat loss.The body uses glycogen for energy only under ressistance training

But being glycogen depleted what has to do with fat loss.The body uses glycogen for energy only under ressistance training

Depleted muscles have elevated AMPK. Higher AMPK higher fat oxidation at rest and glut-4 translocation. This keeps insulin sensitivity higher longer in the muscle cell compared to if you restored glycogen pwo.

I switched my cardio from LISS to HIIT for 12 days and went carbless PWO. My physique has never changed so quickly. Including the use of DNP.

100% would recommend if you're in a plateau or stuck.

If the magazines and everyone's favourite bodybuilders preached CPWO for the last five decades everyone would be doing it. Those of you claiming you need to be hospitalized because you didn't have carbs after your workout have either an unknown health problem or are severely brainwashed. Bodybuilding is the one "sport" where people show the most reluctance to do anything different. If playing basketball someone offered you tips to improve your layup the advice would be met with little to no resistance. However, if you go advise someone in training and nutrition, no one wants to believe that what they're currently doing isn't the best way.

Look at the HIT vs. Volume debate. It took forever for people to realize there are different ways to build muscle.

People have a tendency to overdo everything. I noticed I get better workout while dieting and or on low carbs by splitting my pwo carbs in half and using them intra.

Most guys probably don’t need 100+grams of carbs pwo. If u typically did 40-50g carbs pwo. I would split them 20-25g intra and 20-25g pwo when training in the evening. If first thing in the morning then another 20-25g pre wo. Could go lower as well. Perhaps 10-15g.

I liked this one from mpa

https://youtu.be/gd6-gyNZxlc

I switched my cardio from LISS to HIIT for 12 days and went carbless PWO. My physique has never changed so quickly. Including the use of DNP.

100% would recommend if you're in a plateau or stuck.

This sounds pretty incredible, how was your LISS and HIIT cardio? fasting?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131