YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnesium/calcium to reduce high blood pressure?

southoftheborder

Registered
Heard Stan Efferding in his last podcast with Marc Bell mention this.... Doc Rand mentioned magnesium for hypertension in an interview with muscle insider as well (below)

Has anyone tried this? Any reserch on this?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-pyoZIJL4"]Magnesium to reduce Hypertension and Headaches during training - YouTube[/ame]

There is virtually no reason why anyone on this site shouldn't be using magnesium to begin with (unless they have a genetically normal/high level, which is less common than not).

As far as calcium goes, make sure you keep a close eye on your blood level of it since elevated calcium is dangerous.

There is virtually no reason why anyone on this site shouldn't be using magnesium to begin with (unless they have a genetically normal/high level, which is less common than not).

As far as calcium goes, make sure you keep a close eye on your blood level of it since elevated calcium is dangerous.

thanks.

My high potency multi (life extension is the brand) has magnesium oxide ....

Dr. Rand is suggesting Magnesium glycinate to help lower blood pressure...

thanks.

My high potency multi (life extension is the brand) has magnesium oxide ....

Dr. Rand is suggesting Magnesium glycinate to help lower blood pressure...
Oxide , citrates are cheaper shitter form. You really want minerals in their chelated form. better absorption, higher bio availability etc etc.

Dr best makes one and its on Amazon and i herb quite cheap.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Oxide , citrates are cheaper shitter form. You really want minerals in their chelated form. better absorption, higher bio availability etc etc.

Dr best makes one and its on Amazon and i herb quite cheap.

Even though this is the brand I have used...it bothers me that it is in tablet form and only 100mg per tab. If I wanted to get 2grams of this in...it would be a hassle...and even then it is in tablet form when I prefer capsules.

Most people are Magnesium Deficient.
And since it's responsible for Proper Muscle Contractions, along with over 300 other Enzymatic Functions, you need it.
Magnesium also helps regulate levels of Calcium, Potassium and Sodium.
As for Blood Pressure, Magnesium reduces Inflammation in the Blood Vessels, allowing for better Blood Flow.
Usually around 400 Mg of Chelated Magnesium.

And if you are taking a Calcium Supplement, you need to also take Vitamin D-3 along with it.
You need Vitamin D to absorb Calcium in the Intestines, and to reclaim Calcium that would otherwise be excreted by the Kidneys.................... JP
P.S.
Why D-3, it's the form made by your Skin when exposed to Sunlight.
Vitamin D-2 is produced by Plants.

Magnesium... Calcium... Potassium, etc... None should be considered in isolation. If there's any DBP/SBP reduction through mg/ca/k, etc... supplementation then it's a combination of all, and not one in isolation.

Your body regulates calcium blood levels. They should never be elevated unless something wrong with parathyroid

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Your body regulates calcium blood levels. They should never be elevated unless something wrong with parathyroid

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Perhaps not but I've read conclusively that taking too much extra calcium is very toxic on all of our organs.

Even though this is the brand I have used...it bothers me that it is in tablet form and only 100mg per tab. If I wanted to get 2grams of this in...it would be a hassle...and even then it is in tablet form when I prefer capsules.
It comes in powder form as well knight. I dont do tablets at all since GG came up with that revelation about tablet issues. I have always preferred gel caps, capsules with powder and raw powder anyway so no I dont do tabs only dr best meg powder to get a high dose. yes u right the dose is low in those tabs.

Powder form tub works out cheaper too.

Carlson makes an excellent liquid chelated Cal-Mag.
Don't take too much in any form though, or you'll have extremely 'relaxed' bowels

Is there something excess about magnesium and BB'ers that I am missing. Magnesium deficiency causes many health issues and many/most people don't get in the required dosage from what I have read.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22364157

I've been supplementing Magnesium for over a year now after a user on here recommended it, it's done wonders for my blood pressure, anxiety and stress levels... is so underrated

I've been supplementing Magnesium for over a year now after a user on here recommended it, it's done wonders for my blood pressure, anxiety and stress levels... is so underrated

Don't be vague. What form and what dose are you taking?

I've been taking magnesium for well over 2 yrs.. i just stopped this month but planning on going back on real soon

Isn’t magnesium the main ingredient in the blood pressure supplement Carditone everyone seems to rave about?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131