YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many IF'ers do we have vs other diet strategies?

Which nutritional stragegy have you found to be the most effective?

• Yes! I love IF, works awesome for me!

Votes: 107 35.8%
  • I do multiple small meals a day.

Votes: 55 18.4%
  • I eat 2 -3 lerge meals a day 100+gr protien in them

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Eating only when Im hungry, not any other time.

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Eating 6+ meals a day with 60-70 gr protein

Votes: 56 18.7%
  • Eating WTF is that??!!

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • You mean I should have to eat? I just take more drugs

Votes: 13 4.3%

• Total voters

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Ok since some people want to rave about IF and dog down some of the more traditional dietary strategies lets take a head count from PM's populus and see which strategies you use most often and think has made the biggest difference in your physique progress.

If the poll options dont have your diet type or strategy feel free to just post what you do.

^this has changed my physique and the control i have over it more than any other diet strategy. it carb cycles itself. if not eating enough slightly change macros and i am off and eating a ton.... its flawless in every way. i believe i could (at a high level) find flaws in every way of eating except this one.
i believe my body knows better what it nmeeds than i can PREdict and so a diet that changes as my metabolism and muscle changes seems perfect.
-MB

OK, sounds good MB, this is not a witch hunt this is to find empirical data, not just oh I do it and its the best type of info.
Lets see who does what and actually see the numbers is all I am determining here, as I said in the other thread do what works for you.

I'm a hybrid lol. Only if when cutting in combination with cpwo, when bulking or maintaining more traditional eating pattern. As I said in the other thread though if I ever do a show ill hire John or shelby and eat what they tell me when they tell me so I've got no horse in this race. My biggest problem with cutting any other way is I really struggle with portion control, and the more often I eat the hungrier I get. Good for gaining bad for triming. Hopefully this thread will stay civil as it's an interesting subject

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a hybrid lol. Only if when cutting in combination with cpwo, when bulking or maintaining more traditional eating pattern. As I said in the other thread though if I ever do a show ill hire John or shelby and eat what they tell me when they tell me so I've got no horse in this race. My biggest problem with cutting any other way is I really struggle with portion control, and the more often I eat the hungrier I get. Good for gaining bad for triming. Hopefully this thread will stay civil as it's an interesting subject

Cool, awesome post, there are gonna be a lot of people who use more than one, for progress (building purposes) will be the premise of this thread.

lol! great thread! id love to see these results :D

(ill refrain from my usual smart ass I.F comments)

Cool, awesome post, there are gonna be a lot of people who use more than one, for progress (building purposes) will be the premise of this thread.

In that case I'll vote against I guess, can't vote on Tapatalk but ill be on pc later

lol! great thread! id love to see these results :D

(ill refrain from my usual smart ass I.F comments)

Yeah bro lets keep the debate to a min, here, lol....I just want to truly see the numbers.

New found muscle needs FOOD, potential muscle needs more FOOD....

I havent tried IF for putting on muscle but i have used it for fat loss and find it effective for me simply because for whatever reason, i seem to be able to not eat upon waking and keep that going for a good amount of time without feeling deprived, whereas if i was to eat something small for breakfast a few hours later id have strong hunger urges that are hard to resist. Really helps me keep my overall calorie intake lower when cutting which is crucial.

Eating all the damn time, eating so much it's retarded. Not even remotely close to IF. Maybe if I was tiny.

I use I.F. I gain fat easy. I can eat more calories and they go where i want them. I do not think this is the best diet for hardgainers and those with fast metabolisms to do long term.

At times when convenient and it suites my goals and schedule I follow IF and really like it. Most of the time however I eat what we would consider a normal diet, 6 meals a day, etc.

I do IF when I want to lean up quick and easy with barely any cardio.

I eat nonstop all day, every day when I want to bulk up.

So I cant vote for one.

In the past I've eaten every 2 hours on the dot even when I wasn't hungry and all that did was make me fat. Nowadays I eat when I'm hungry. However, I find that most of the time, unless I eat a greasy ass cheat meal, I get hungry every 3 hours which works out. I get my 5-6 meals in the day. I truly believe that Phil's philosophy on eating works and like he says, if you are doing things right, you should be hungry often. :)

I'm actually surprised this many people voted for IF so far. I have no beef with it because I have never tried it, but it just doesn't seem fun for a guy like me. I'm just hungry all the dam time so I couldn't just not eat for so many hours at a time.

I'm actually surprised this many people voted for IF so far. I have no beef with it because I have never tried it, but it just doesn't seem fun for a guy like me. I'm just hungry all the dam time so I couldn't just not eat for so many hours at a time.

you and me both....wow....i find these results very intresting. id hope that most pm'ers will vote on this :)

I have been doing IF for a while with decent results.
Here are a few of my thoughts on it:
I started it in order to lean up and to my surprise I have lost fat and continued to gain strength.
It works for me because I rarely have an appetite in the morning and being in the business world I often have lunch and dinner meetings. If I had a big breakfast I would easily end up over my macros if I ended up going out for lunch and dinner meetings. Sure, I can be selective with the menu but if I am at Morton's, Gibsons, Ruth's Chris, etc, I sure as shit will not be ordering a salad.
Sometimes I work out in the mornings @ 10am fasted except for EAA's, PeptoPro, etc so those days I am really not 'fasted' (from protein) very long in comparison to a regular diet when my first meal would be 8am ish.
In another thread someone thought this method is for lazy people that don't want to fix 6 meals a day. Maybe, but I don't fit that mold. I will fix my own meals or have someone fix them for me. I have a staff at the house and an executive assistant. I could have 30 meals a day prepared or delivered for me if I wanted to.
With all of that said:
I'm not a mass monster like most of you guys. 5'6" 195 so my macros are much lower than most of you. For you big guys, I just don't see how you could get all of your macros in 8 hours, especially if primarily solid food.
I agree that it is not the most efficient way to build muscle as quickly as possible-no way it can be.

you and me both....wow....i find these results very intresting. id hope that most pm'ers will vote on this :)

Thats the thing about it. After a few days your appetite isnt there at all during the fasting period and you get to pound food later...

I'm one of those never satisfied guys and this works well for that but if I was trying to put on muscle I would at least throw in a couple protein shakes during the day.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws