over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

skin problem : worst than ever

mike1107

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ok a few months ago i talked to u guys about my skin problem : whenever I felt hotter (during training, getting upset or so ...) my skin is itching BADLY ! it's like I'm about to sweat but sweat doesnt come and I feel almost a burning sensation

it's a fuckin pain in the ass

it happens on my back, legs and the top of my head

I've been trying everything : doc didnt help, changed every single things in my diet, applied some cooca butter or dry oil on my skin, changed sopa many times ...

and it gets worse as weather gets colder cause my skin is drier

with lactose intolerance being so common, can it be one of the reason ?

I'm UNABLE TO TRAIN CORRECTLY CAUSE THE FEELING ON MY SKIN IS .... WELL I DONT SUPPORT IT ANYMORE ... even when I sleep it can wake me up of my temp is increasing

weird thing is that once I'm sweating this almost stops ...

DID ANY OF U GUYS EVER HAVE THAT PROBLEM ?
WHAT THE HELL CAN IT BE ?

WHO SHOULD I CONSULT ? DERMATOLOGIST OR ALLERGOLOGIST (DUNNO ABOUT RIGHT SPELLIN LOL)

By the sounds of things, see a dermatologist.

Do you get any reddish spots on your skin when this happens? Your symptoms almost sound like rosacea, but it affects very light skin people mostly. Heat, sun, stress, certain foods can trigger rosacea. Its a dry burning sensation on the skin. Have you tried washing your skin with Cetaphil brand skin cleanser instead of soap? Its very good for very sensitive skin, non-drying too. No perfume or anything unnecessary or harsh in it. Its highly recommended by dermatologists. Then follow with the same brand skin moisturizer

Last edited:
Your skin might be TOO dry. If you are using anything for acne that drys the skin out, it leaves the skin very sensitive and overly dry. I've dealt with this. Right when I start the work out and begin to sweat it burns like hell. After about 20mins the burning sensation goes away. I think its because the sweat might be hydrating and softening the skin a little bit. Once you get your skin rehydrated it seems to go away. I hope this helps.

BLACKCAT

Do you get any reddish spots on your skin when this happens? Your symptoms almost sound like rosacea, but it affects very light skin people mostly. Heat, sun, stress, certain foods can trigger rosacea. Its a dry burning sensation on the skin. Have you tried washing your skin with Cetaphil brand skin cleanser instead of soap? Its very good for very sensitive skin, non-drying too. No perfume or anything unnecessary or harsh in it. Its highly recommended by dermatologists. Then follow with the same brand skin moisturizer

NOPE MY FRIEND ! NO REDNESS

SOMETIMES IT BURNS SO MUCH I WONDER HOW IT DOESNT EVEN APPEAR ....

Hey Mike I have a problem with my skin itching extremely bad, when the season starts to change. It is especially bad when I would finish taking a shower and drying myself off, I now blot myself dry, which seems to help, especially my legs. Also sometimes right before I begin to sweat, I itch, mainly my head. I saw a dermatologist and she said it was probably caused by dry skin, and told me to use a skin lotion. The lotion didn't seem to help much, but a little bit. I found that if I itched it, my skin itching problem got worse. The strangest thing about it was, it only lasted for about 10 or 15 minutes, then went away as long as I held back from itching, the problem area. It was really bad when I was living back on the east coast, but has let up some since moving to California.

It sounds almost like your sweat glands are not working! Your description sounds like your body is trying to cool itself by sweating but they aren't working. I would go to a dermatologist someone that deals with sweat disorders. This can be serious because sweating is our engines radiator! If it does not function properly then we overheat, this is not a good thing. Don't leave it too long mike, go and get some opinions!

Prickly Heat- this sounds like what you have. The sweat glands are producing sweat but the ducts are blocked thus trapping your sweat under the skin! Corticosteriod lotions are one of the treatment listed. Def go to a dermatologist and they can get you help. Just looked this up under sweating disorders!

Last edited:
NOPE MY FRIEND ! NO REDNESS

SOMETIMES IT BURNS SO MUCH I WONDER HOW IT DOESNT EVEN APPEAR ....

try that Cetaphil skin cleanser and moisturizer. It does not strip away the oils from the skin leaving it too dry like other soaps can... and no hot, hot showers. That will dry your skin out as well... big time

Prickly Heat

**broken link removed**

Sometimes people get rashes from it and some do not.

I just read your post after I posted mine, Oldfella. I think that is his problem.

I just read your post after I posted mine, Oldfella. I think that is his problem.
Yea sounds like it. You don't always have the red spots or rash.

Hey my friend, your should check your liver values instead trying creams and skin lotions, most of the times the problem is inside you for sure...

And dont lose time maybe your liver is too stress and you have to take action asap. This is nothing, just the doctor prescribe you some pills or 2 months rest of supplements and lean diet and thats it.

Also for a 280 pounder guy that can eat 3 pounds of meat in less thn 15 minutes, should check liver and blood values every 6 months at least.

Good luck

Hey my friend, your should check your liver values instead trying creams and skin lotions, most of the times the problem is inside you for sure...

And dont lose time maybe your liver is too stress and you have to take action asap. This is nothing, just the doctor prescribe you some pills or 2 months rest of supplements and lean diet and thats it.

Also for a 280 pounder guy that can eat 3 pounds of meat in less thn 15 minutes, should check liver and blood values every 6 months at least.

Good luck

hahahaaha yes 100% true my friend !

but everything ok with liver values ....

will definitly contact the dermatologist and ask about that prickly heat problem

I promise u guys this shit ruins some moment of my daily life, I don't exagerate here !

I get something almost exactly what you're talking about. I'm hot but my body doesn't break a sweat or it feels almost like a cold sweat and is itchy. I solved my problem though so it may be different than yours. Take in a ton of water always but sit in the dry sauna... not the steam room. For me, what happens in the sauna if I haven't done it in a while, my sweat will begin to break out and I will itch, especially my arms and calves, and the sweat will run a milky color for just the first few minutes and then will become clear. I sit and just sweat for a few more minutes until I feel that all areas of my skin are running clear and then I take a regular shower and scrub but use no soap or shampoo. After I do this for a few weeks, everything's better.

It's the worst after I've taken a couple weeks off from training. I always assumed I was excreting salt and the salt is what made me itch (sort of like the way you itch when you are at the beach)

I get something almost exactly what you're talking about. I'm hot but my body doesn't break a sweat or it feels almost like a cold sweat and is itchy. I solved my problem though so it may be different than yours. Take in a ton of water always but sit in the dry sauna... not the steam room. For me, what happens in the sauna if I haven't done it in a while, my sweat will begin to break out and I will itch, especially my arms and calves, and the sweat will run a milky color for just the first few minutes and then will become clear. I sit and just sweat for a few more minutes until I feel that all areas of my skin are running clear and then I take a regular shower and scrub but use no soap or shampoo. After I do this for a few weeks, everything's better.

It's the worst after I've taken a couple weeks off from training. I always assumed I was excreting salt and the salt is what made me itch (sort of like the way you itch when you are at the beach)

yeah it reminds me of something similar I did a few years ago when it first happened (but it was not severe)
I was in a beginning of a diet for a photo shoot so I started cardio and the frist session were a pain cause it was so much itching and no sweat and then after a few sessions Istarted to get normal sweating ... and then I was sweating for nothing lol !

I was thinking about sauna too but kinda scared cause the itching sensation is truly painful actually

about salt, I was thinking that skin is so dry that the salt of sweats acts as if u put some salt on a unscared injury ... but on the whole body ...
I'll give it a try for once and check with dermatologist too

damn, body is so weird sometimes !!

ok a few months ago i talked to u guys about my skin problem : whenever I felt hotter (during training, getting upset or so ...) my skin is itching BADLY ! it's like I'm about to sweat but sweat doesnt come and I feel almost a burning sensation

it's a fuckin pain in the ass

it happens on my back, legs and the top of my head

I've been trying everything : doc didnt help, changed every single things in my diet, applied some cooca butter or dry oil on my skin, changed sopa many times ...

and it gets worse as weather gets colder cause my skin is drier

with lactose intolerance being so common, can it be one of the reason ?

I'm UNABLE TO TRAIN CORRECTLY CAUSE THE FEELING ON MY SKIN IS .... WELL I DONT SUPPORT IT ANYMORE ... even when I sleep it can wake me up of my temp is increasing

weird thing is that once I'm sweating this almost stops ...

DID ANY OF U GUYS EVER HAVE THAT PROBLEM ?
WHAT THE HELL CAN IT BE ?

WHO SHOULD I CONSULT ? DERMATOLOGIST OR ALLERGOLOGIST (DUNNO ABOUT RIGHT SPELLIN LOL)

I'd try bathing in an Aveno bath. It is oatmeal. I did this when I had chicken pocks years ago at the age of 34. Your skin is an organ and needs to be protected. See a dermatologist. Good luck bro.

Prickly Heat

**broken link removed**

Sometimes people get rashes from it and some do not.

Damn, never heard of that. Describes it to a T.

ok bro its called PRICKLEY HEAT!
its when your body get too hot but sweat is not being produced enough yet. alll te heat comes out of your pores w out sweat. do you wear something on your head? this can cause a rise in temp too fast as most of the heat escapes through your head. anyone who lives u north knows in the snow when you tke off your hat a whole lotta steam comes off your head, more than anyother part of your body. if your wearing a hat try a bandana. its lighter but still keeps the sweat out of your eyes. sounds funny but its true. used to get it all the time till i took mike mazzatatos advice.....stay covered up with a sweatshirt till you get to hot, sweat and get a good pump. then strip down to a tank top and continue training. not sure of the technical name for prickley heat but its a pretty common thing. do you waer a shirt to warm up in> or begin training in a tank top?
just stay warm, rel warm and yo will be gin to sweat faster. and no more prickley heat.
lucian

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510