over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First case of cellulitis

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I just got back from the er and i have my first case of cellulitis. I think it was from some of the recalled alcohol swabs. I didnt think mine were tainted because i have used 3/4 of them with no issues. My new bottle of test is pharmacy made and should be g2g. I injected monday and by thursday i couldnt touch my delt. I shrugged it off just saying it was virgin tissue cause i dont ever inject delts. But it has been red, hot and swelled since wednesday. And i went to the 24 hour care center this morning and they said i have cellulitis. They gave me a very powerful antibiotic injection as well as putting me on a very powerful oral antibiotic.

So please ease my mind and tell me it will all be fine. WHen something like this happens to me i always think the worst is going to happen and my arm is going to fall off. KS

RELAX Cowboy...

I dont think your arm will fall off but I am sorry to hear about this. Flex2019 and a few others here have had this and they didnt lose an arm. What did the doc say would happen? Why you guys use those wipes is beyond me man, I will ONLY use 91% alcohol and a sterile cotton ball for my prep.

a lil keflex an youll be good to go in a week had it happen to me last christmas. shit is scary sounds like you didnt wait to long so itll be fine bro.

Thanks. Yeah they just gave me one of the most powerful oral antibiotics they could prescribe (Levaquin 750 mg). Told me to come back tomorrow and have a follow up.

I am done with the swabs and will just go with the alcohol and cotton balls.

i had that on my foot a couple years ago. i could barely walk. it took a run of iv vancomyacin and bactrim to clear that up. fine now but still have some discoloration. best of luck , heal quickly.

Wow...

i had that on my foot a couple years ago. i could barely walk. it took a run of iv vancomyacin and bactrim to clear that up. fine now but still have some discoloration. best of luck , heal quickly.

Woah... vanco is one of the "big guns"!

KS- I feel you man... I had an issue with the recalled wipes as well... drew out 1.5 mL's of abscess from the glute... 10 days of abx and was good to go... make sure have a yogurt every day (a couple hours APART from the abx) to alleviate any gastro symptoms.

Thanks fellas. Yeah my stomach is a little upset right now so im heading to the fridge for some yogurt

I dont think your arm will fall off but I am sorry to hear about this. Flex2019 and a few others here have had this and they didnt lose an arm. What did the doc say would happen? Why you guys use those wipes is beyond me man, I will ONLY use 91% alcohol and a sterile cotton ball for my prep.

I never really thought about it since every time I've had an IV they use the wipes but with the recent recalls it is something to think about.

I had that back in november. It was my left leg, fucking killed me.

Thanks fellas. Yeah my stomach is a little upset right now so im heading to the fridge for some yogurt

after my run of antibiotics i used activia for a whole month. never had any belly issues. i believe the activia was a gut-saver.

got it with some old BD cyp. a few shots in the ass and a cycle of kflex and i was gtg. no worries. its only bad if its not caught early.

about 2 years ago i did my first ever injects into my calves,,,2 days later,,,swollen,,,red,,,,it would take me 10 min to get out of bed the pain was so bad, i could barley walk, only when i "warmed up" did i somwhat resemble a normal person walking, when id get up, stand up, get out of my car, it would take 2 minutes just to get to walking. i showed them to a guy at work he said it looked like celulitis he was diabetic and had had it. then turned red and wer swollen and hot,,,eventually it went from my calves down into my lower leg, then down into my ankles were swollen, then into my feet, then it left my body lol. never went to a doc or anything but the shit was scary and went away on its own. looking back i should have gone to a doc who knows what the fuck the shit was but it hurt,,,almost forgot about it till i read this post.

cellulitus

this has nothing to do with AAS but while I was in the military I worked at parris island in south carolina for a while and cellulitus is rampant there because of the sand flea bites then you itch it and its al hot and humid the perfect growing conditions for bacteria... needless to say as long as you caught it before it became a staff infection you will be just fine with your antibiotics bro:D no worries at all I have personally seen over a few hundred cases and all were fine with antibiotics:headbang:

Thanks. Yeah they just gave me one of the most powerful oral antibiotics they could prescribe (Levaquin 750 mg). Told me to come back tomorrow and have a follow up.

I am done with the swabs and will just go with the alcohol and cotton balls.

Be careful on the training on and after Levaquin-tendon snapper.
Should have a black box warning on it by the FDA.
curious about the contaminated alcohol swabs -anyone got a link?
I know people who have never swabbed at all and never had problems -even though they went against my advice -most people don't sanitize the area correctly anyway according to medical standards/procedure for injections.

Good luck with the recovery.

And im 99% sure it was from the swab. I am one of the safest when it comes to my stuff and my injection protocol. I always scrub with my swabs and i use two of them on the skin for each injection and a different one for each rubber stopper.

As Thor mentioned, I had a pretty good case of cellulitis a little over a year ago. I posted a thread about it. Painful and pretty nasty looking, but they caught it quickly and treated me with antibiotics. You'll be fine. Smart move going to the doctor though. Some guys choose to wait it out, that's when they run into problems.

Worst case scenaria, you could end up like I did about 7 years ago. I had a bad abcess and they gave me the strongest antibiotic shot(2x the normal amount) in the ass where I had the cellulitis. I was also on oral antibiotics, augmentin or cipro I cant rememeber, and the infection never totally cleared up. I had to go in for out patient surgery and they removed the diseased tissue from my ass cheek. I now have a small divet in my ass.

thats the worst case scenario IMO. I thought all along that mine would clear up, the doc gave it about 5 weeks of antibiotics, but the abcess never healed. He had to go in and debride it, remove the dead tissue.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131