over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tanning bed for acne control

bbg420

Registered
whats your guys thoughts on this i hear mixed reviews some say tanning bed worked when everything else failed including accutane can anyone vouch for that or similar experience

After my accutane cycle, a lot of the acne went away and I was left with red scaring. The tanning really helped blend my skins tone closer to the red scaring. Also, it dried up the existing acne pretty well.

Just don't tan while on accutane or other acne meds. Your more prone to burning.

Finally, I would suggest covering your face if you use a lay down tanning machine. It will cut down on the wrinkles you get with age.

I also took a low dose of Melanotan II and that seemed to enhance the results.

give it a try!

i never had really bad acne, but i notice when i tan in a bed, i tend to break out more than a stand up bed. If i have the choice, i will always choose a stand up over a lay down bed. Also the idea of laying in my own pool of sweat is gross and surely cant be good for acne.

YES!! I thought i was the only one that needed to do this.

About 6 years ago i started getting these huge and painful zits on my inner and rear thighs in the winter time. They hurt so bad and even my jeans touching them was painful. I was working at a doctors house and mentioned this to her and she said, "I bet if you start tanning that will go away." She said it could be a vitamin deficiency (Vit K i think is it and you can only get adequate amounts from the sun). I have been tanning ever since. I only tan twice a week for about 8 minutes or so. Not too dark, just right. I also talked with a dermatologist about 3 weeks ago (a friend) and she said tanning in short amounts is actually pretty good for the skin. Its way safer than acutane and has great results. SHe recommends 3 to 5 minutes 2 times a week but my 8 minutes seems perfect for me. If i dont tan, they will come back within about 2 weeks. KS

A long time ago I had acne. After every workout. I would go in sauna for 5 mins, work up a really good sweat, then jump in cold shower. Dry off an repeat it three times. Then just use an alcohol wipe over my face when i was done. Cured it right up.

helps dry out sebaceous glands. when sebum production is increased you will have increased acne, well, not 100% of the time, but for most. the sun definitely helps lessen the effects

I think I may have to give this tanning thing a try my back is breaking out worse then it ever has in the past.

Hey :-D Don't mean to be a killjoy but there is also the risk of skin cancer with tanning beds. So just a suggestion, you can actually get acne lights which kill the bacteria in the skin that cause acne. If you google this it should give you much more options about types, cost and benefits. If you think about how much you would spend on tanning sessions it may be worth the investment in the long run for the health factors. As the light the acne lamp produces is harmless, but doesnt tan the skin. X

whats your guys thoughts on this i hear mixed reviews some say tanning bed worked when everything else failed including accutane can anyone vouch for that or similar experience

Tanning beds always helped mine look better. I get a little oily and it helps dry me out some.

I can't make a general statement but I have owned a tanning bed for over twenty years.

Here is MY experience,when I was younger it did help hide them being tan.There were times I actually felt the tanning was making it worse BUT you couldn't see them.

Now as an adult(43) I feel it absolutely helps prevent them.I don't tan as much anymore and use a little sunless as well.

Tanning definitely helped dry out my acne. I agree with the poster up above that melatotan2 helps the process. I love mt2!!!

I don't know about tanning helping out with acne. From my personal experience, having darker skin from tanning slightly camouflages the acne to an extent, but tanning doesn't burn up the acne nor make it blend into your skin so well that it's barely noticeable. Just from my experience.

Last edited:
After my accutane cycle, a lot of the acne went away and I was left with red scaring. The tanning really helped blend my skins tone closer to the red scaring. Also, it dried up the existing acne pretty well.

Just don't tan while on accutane or other acne meds. Your more prone to burning.

Finally, I would suggest covering your face if you use a lay down tanning machine. It will cut down on the wrinkles you get with age.

I also took a low dose of Melanotan II and that seemed to enhance the results.

give it a try!

same result for me but go easy on the sunbed to begin with accutane is very harsh on the skin and it takes a while to recover

never tried accutane, but have done all the prescription cyclines and none of them worked as well as 2x weekly tanning for keeping the skin clear.

I started tanning for acne years ago. Seemed to work for me. For the cystic acne it didn't work so well though. Antibiotics helped that out

Oh yea, definitely helped with the acne. I would go once a week in a stand up and it made a pretty big difference.

sun and surf if ya live in oz, or tanning bed will work imo

I found it helped with the smaller pimples and red spots but I needed the accutane for the cystic stuff. It's been two years since accutane actually almost three years and some acne has come back but not nearly what it was.

Like over the counter remedies, tanning beds or sun light do exactly what you guys report. However there is a sub group of members that are genetically predisopsed to severe cystic acne and they could burn themselves to a pulp and their zits are not going to dry up and go away. For these guys accutane may be their best shot at clearing. Under a physicians direction preferably.

IPGEAR

Tanning bed has helped acne in the past for me. Otherwise during the winter I have used doxycycline Rx by my MD or accutane

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131