over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Parrillo talks training

His equipment is some of the best out there IMO. I used to really love his incline benches with the built in arch.
John really knows what he is doing and his training sessions are simply brutal. A bit over 10 yrs ago I had the privilege of having him train me. John came to our gym to have one of his powerlifters train legs there. I was invited to train along with the powerlifter so I got to experience a Parillo workout. I did that for about 3 months or so. If you live near his area I would highly recommend going to him for training/nutrition etc. He is someone that I would consider a true guru.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph9SF8lsnaU]Parrillo Arched Incline Bench by John Parrillo - YouTube[/ame]

I used to enjoy reading his work back in the day when Musclemag Int was still a great magazine. I have always been quite intrigued by his bench press design and his theories on fascia stretching.

His equipment is just great, but I dont think me makes it anymore. The gym I used to lift at was full of it because the owner is close friends with John. John used to come in a few times a week and he would train one of his powerlifters at my gym and I would join in on leg day. Nobody pushes you as hard as John Parillo, the most grueling workouts you can imagine. John was a nice guy too. The guy he was training competed in the 242 lb class and squated about 750-800 lbs in competition and was working his way up even higher.

That bench is fail, hyperextending the lower back isn't the solution to involving the pectorals over the delts, the answer lies in the shoulder girdle positioning, not over arching. Common error though, can't blame him. :)

Not even close! The bench works well, have you ever tried one!?

Not even close! The bench works well, have you ever tried one!?

Yes, bodymaster produced these benches in the mid 90s. Maximal arch is NOT the way train chest. It might help shoulder dominate people, but it is not the ideal solution. It is not functional or biomechanically correct.

That bench is fail, hyperextending the lower back isn't the solution to involving the pectorals over the delts, the answer lies in the shoulder girdle positioning, not over arching. Common error though, can't blame him. :)

Looks like it puts the arch in the thoracic region not the lumbar region(lower back).

Yes, bodymaster produced these benches in the mid 90s. Maximal arch is NOT the way train chest. It might help shoulder dominate people, but it is not the ideal solution. It is not functional or biomechanically correct.

Are saying an arched back isn't "functional or biomechanically correct" from the standpoint of training the pecs like a bodybuilder or benching in general?

Looking at it you would think its not optimal but I will tell you that his bench was perfect for me. I always had rotator cuff issues and that incline bench he had allowed me to train heavy and have zero pain. the bench also seemed to target my chest a lot more as it was much more sore days afterwards and my shoulders were really not tired at all. It worked for me is all I have to say. The way Parillo's bench was constructed must have been different than bodymaster.Gotta say you sounded pretty conceited in your post.

Last edited:
Man Parillo is still around?
Wow. Tried his stuff in the early to mid 90's when it first came out mainstream...
Todd Swinney had an entire gym based on Parillo equipment in Glen Burnie MD..we trained at it a few times instead of powerhouse since kevin was on the road when we went up there.
Lost a set of tonsils to Cap-Tri!
LOL fractionated coconut oil and the huge acid reflux associated with it....

My wife and I attended several of Parillo's seminars back in the '90s . We picked up a lot of good training techniques from him. I really like his equipment but don't care all that much for his supplements, although Parillo bars are OK

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131