advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Many Pounds of Whey Protein per Month do you Consume?

how many pounds of whey protein per month do you consume?

Votes: 44 13.2%
  • 1-2

Votes: 55 16.5%
  • 3-5

Votes: 108 32.3%
  • 6-9

Votes: 71 21.3%
  • 10-15

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • 20+???

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

PsyT

Banned
curious how much whey protein per month roughly you eat...i have neverfelt better than when I started adding more whey protein after each meal! But now I eat 10 pounds a month...wonder if that is a lot or what compared to your diet,.

just curious!

I go through ten pounds in approximately two and half weeks. Just about 20lbs per month.

Unless you take your whey protein in conjunction with another whole food protein source, it's a waste of money and time. I don't use it for anything other than PWO shake.

I stopped buying whey protein almost 10 years ago. I try to get everything from whole foods. I boost my protein between meals with 4-5 egg whites every 3-4 hours.

Unless you take your whey protein in conjunction with another whole food protein source, it's a waste of money and time. I don't use it for anything other than PWO shake.

why do yous ay that marshall? Whey protein is a complete protein.

I do take the whey protein (besides PWO shake) with meat or eggs (eggs for breakfast and meat for the 3 other meals in the day).

I use about 3 lbs or so a month , I mix it into a thick paste kinda like peanutbutter and eat it like a dip with apples or spread on rice cakes for a quick sweet snack.

ummm....6-10 scoops?

I agree with what some others have posted. Couple years ago I signed up with a trainer on here and first thing he said was to drop the shakes...physically looked and felt better

haven't looked back. PWO sometimes now

I go through about 15lbs every month. I always have a shake with either red skin potatoes, rice, or a bagel for my meals.

Only scoop in breakfast shake if in a hurry, but add fruit and egg beaters to it and scoop post workout. So only 1 2lb container month.

imo whey protein is better than no protein. i cant meet my daily reqs anymore due to life. so i just pound the whey.

Typically about 6.5. I recently upped it, so it looks like about 10lbs this month.

Zero for me too, i think its a waste, real food works best for me

I go through ten pounds in approximately two and half weeks. Just about 20lbs per month.

Damn 20lbs a month..I am at about 8 per month and thought I was takin in alot of whey!:eek:

How many shakes do you average a day bro?...you shredded up GREAT with your last recent transformation

RJ

20 lbs easily, and much more if including casein powder.

20 lbs easily, and much more if including casein powder.

Interesting how many people hardly use any at all. If it weren't for shakes, there would be no way that my schedule would allow me to eat as much protein as I do. Glad to see I'm not the only one to hit the 20lb/month mark.

I don't go crazy with shakes. I average about 2 a day, sometimes 3 but it's rare. That's inconjunction with 4-5 whole food meals a day, so the solid food makes up my base, with shakes thrown in around the meals for good measure.

That probably works about to 10 lbs. or so a month.

Interesting how many people hardly use any at all. If it weren't for shakes, there would be no way that my schedule would allow me to eat as much protein as I do. Glad to see I'm not the only one to hit the 20lb/month mark.

Yea, in all honesty, there's no way I'd have time to consume 7 solid food meals a day, to keep my protein up where it needs to be. With my job, my mid morning meal has to be a shake. I just don't have anytime to sit and eat food. Something is better than nothing if you ask me. And as far as I'm concerned, a couple scoops of a good quality whey isolate with 1.5tbsp of EVOO or Mac nut oil ain't that bad at all.

Last edited:
Depends - around 5-10 lbs per month.

I pretty much only use whey after my heavy workouts.

The only other time I use protein powder is for a quick breakfast. I blend 4 whole eggs, 1/4cup of heavy cream and 2 scoops Muscle Milk.

Other than that I chew.

i voted 1-2lbs... Nothing beats whole foods. I just use whey PWO and i'll throw in a few scoops here and there if im a lil low on my protein for the day

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws