over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT Linkin Park lead singer Committed Suicide

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Linkin Park's Chester Bennington dead at 41 | Fox News

For those that are Linkin Park fans. We were so surprised to hear the bad news today. I didn't know it but he was great friends with the lead singer of Soundgarden, Chris Cornell. Today was Chris Cornell's birthday. It wasn't a coincidence then that Chester Bennington chose today. So sad to see so many great lives ended by suicide. They were supposed to start the tour for their new album later this week too. I bought tickets to see them in August. My daughter is a huge fan and I like them too.

Sad news. He had a great voice. Rocked his songs a bunch while in the gym.

I'm saddened to hear this. I'm a Linkin Park fan. These guys(Chester and Chris) are were obviously fighting some big demons. Prayers to their families.

I read that Chester was the victim of child abuse. You can hear it in the song One Step Closer. "I wish I could find a way to disappear".

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlCC1GOwFw"]One Step Closer (Official Video) - Linkin Park - YouTube[/ame]

Very sad. He was really big in the AA community down here in Newport Beach CA. My girlfriend and I took every opportunity we could to see them live in concert. Still as passionate and electrifying as he was when they first came out.
I have been singing Linkin Park in my head since I read the news.

He leaves behind a huge family and a large following. Thanks for the music you created and being so vulnerable RIP.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM"]Somewhere I Belong (Official Video) - Linkin Park - YouTube[/ame]

Very sad. He was really big in the AA community down here in Newport Beach CA. My girlfriend and I took every opportunity we could to see them live in concert. Still as passionate and electrifying as he was when they first came out.
I have been singing Linkin Park in my head since I read the news.

He leaves behind a huge family and a large following. Thanks for the music you created and being so vulnerable RIP.

I used to play their music for my daughter when she was just a baby and she loved it. Still loves it. This was going to be the first time we would see them in concert. The new album didn't do so well, I hope the rude comments of people didn't help add fuel to the fire. When we bought the tickets we got free cds in the mail too. The cover of the album shows young boys playing at a beach as the sun sets. It looks a bit like heaven. Chester is probably in heaven now playing music with Chris.

NUMB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXYiU_JCYtU"]Numb (Official Video) - Linkin Park - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Good article here

This tells you his background. How he was sexually abused by an older friend. Really sad how things that happen as a child haunt you for the rest of your life.

**broken link removed**

Sexual abuse leading to suicide

Study found that sexual abuse leads to a 28% increase in suicide in women and 7% in men. The study also mentions though that this may be confounded by the fact that most men/boys do not ever report it. They keep it a secret and may very well take it to their grave.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/709392

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4"]In The End (Official Video) - Linkin Park - YouTube[/ame]

damn, RIP, sad news. Just goes to show you depression and suicide can affect anybody no matter how much fame, wealth, etc they have. This is really shitty news....I was really looking forward to hearing what the band was capable of over the coming years. I'm guessing they'll reform but it won't be the same.

Last edited:
Dang a great loss. We will never know why people do this.

Sent from The Iron Pile

Such a sad couple years for rock music... first Scott Wieland of STP, then Cornell and now Chester... ugh, such a shame.

so many people ive been a fan of have killed themselves. i was thinkin of that when i saw the news.
him, kurt and chris, hunter thompson, my idol when i was young, robin williams. dave mirra if u know bmx. junior seau....
and those were the ones who did it on purpose, not including the accidental overdoses, jimi hemdrix and janice joplin....
godam. i get it, going out on your own terms but..
that "grass is always greener" for the rich folks doesnt really work when ur not inside their heads and feeling the pain they feel that all the money in the world wont take away.

Six Children

Really sad since he had six children. It would seem they are probably set up pretty well financially, but not having your father has got to be crushing.

How does one make it that far from childhood, to having six children, and then commit suicide?

Do I have their older stuff and enjoy it? Yep.

But this is just stupid. I'm sure that isn't popular opinion and you should be understanding and sympathetic . Had a friend who blew his brains out in highschool because his girlfriend was going to leave him and take their kid. It was an act of immediate, emotional bad decision.

Both cases are fucking stupid. Throwing your life away instead of finding a way to stand up and move on. I feel worse for those who are left suffering the memory. What an example to set for your kids or your fans. There's always reason to keep living. Always.

He also struggled with drug addiction.
He will be missed.
Housekeeper found him at 9 AM.

Only those that commit suicide can truly know what it feels like and how doing it is the only way they feel like they can end their pain. Losing his friend Chris Cornell a few months ago to suicide threw him over the edge I think. His new album wasn't well received either, but don't know if that might have played into it. I am sure he really put what he thought was his soul into that album and it was really just torn to shreds.

I think some of these comments blow. He was obviously in a dark place and unfortunately when people get to that point, they can no longer see what's important and have lost all hope and meaning.

No one can pretend to know what someone else is going through.

It's unfortunate.

Performance a month ago or so, dedicated to Chris Cornell

This song is about losing someone you love to death. Dedicated to his friend Chris Cornell.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgwL14IDDJY"]Linkin Park Performs "One More Light" - YouTube[/ame]

Very sad to watch this now.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner