over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steroid Drug Test and Self Defense w/Firearms

Musclecyborg

Newbies
Hello brothers, I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this, I did read the rules and didn't see anything regarding firearms. I apologize if I am breaking any rules though.

My question is, I was wondering if anyone would know if one were to be drug tested for steroids afterwards if one were to use their firearm in a self defense situation.

And if tested, after using a firearm in self defense, if that could be used against someone and claim "roid rage" or something of the lines of that played a role in the discharge of the firearm.

My main concern would be getting tested afterwards, if I were to ever have to use a firearm in a self defense situation. God forbid.

It would be real cool if Rick Collins were here to chime in haha.

Thank You Again Everyone. God Bless

Last edited:
You're being extremely vague. Would this be work related where this type of testing is required in that type of situation? If you're speaking in general, why and who would think to test you for AAS? Is it common knowledge that you use AAS? Hypothetically of course. You could always just contact Rick Collins.

Along those lines, there is a movement underway to test all law enforcement officers immediately for steroid use, who are involved with use of force, shootings, etc.

The article I read estimated that as many as 30% of LEO across this country use steroids, with some departments using it at very high rates.

Athletes are banned, people lose their careers, lives ruined, incomes lost, titles stripped, etc etc for all us, why should they be any different?

I dont agree with any of it, but one thing I know for sure most of us can't stand is hypocrisy. LOL.

I understand what you are asking. This would be a good post for a gun website but you would be more so judged abut using AAS.

I have never heard of a situation or a case in which a person was drug tested for AAS in a self defense situation. Perhaps one day a high profile case would make this a reality but for now I believe recreational drugs would be the only "drug" tested for in a self defense situation.

Maybe a lawyer would press a certain issue in court if needed if a person was obviously jacked to the gills. But most of us could drop dosages and return to a regular size if needed by a court date if our apperance would be judged and an actual factor. I wouldn't be pushing a cycle if I was stressed by such a situation anyway.

Sounds like youre asking if a suspect could use it as a form of defense. In a sense, blame it on the steroids. Perhaps get off with a lighter sentence etc.

I sure hope not.

Sounds like youre asking if a suspect could use it as a form of defense. In a sense, blame it on the steroids. Perhaps get off with a lighter sentence etc.

I sure hope not.

I think he is looking at it as how it will effect him, not the bad guy. A lot of situations where a person thinks they are doing the right thing and defending themselves with a firearm they are actually breaking the law and end up in deep shit.

If a person with a baseball bat walks up to you and swings at you several times and you shoot them you might be seen as not running away if you are able and get jail time. Sometimes the way you look at a situation like this a jury or judge would think differently. So, if you cary a gun you should be thinking about these things to make sure you are informed, aware and act responsibly if the time ever came.

Last edited:
I think he is looking at it as how it will effect him, not the bad guy. A lot of situations where a person thinks they are doing the right thing and defending themselves with a firearm they are actually breaking the law and end up in deep shit.

If a person with a baseball bat walks up to you and swings at you several times and you shoot them you might be seen as not running away if you are able and get jail time. Sometimes the way you look at a situation like this a jury or judge would think differently. So, if you cary a gun you should be thinking about these things to make sure you are informed, aware and act responsibly if the time ever came.

Thank You, this is exactly what I mean.

I understand what you are asking. This would be a good post for a gun website but you would be more so judged abut using AAS.

Yeah that's exactly what I was worried about which is why I felt more comfortable asking about it here with my fellow Enhancement Enthusiasts.

Thank You for the Understanding Brother.

Last edited:
You're being extremely vague. Would this be work related where this type of testing is required in that type of situation? If you're speaking in general, why and who would think to test you for AAS? Is it common knowledge that you use AAS? Hypothetically of course. You could always just contact Rick Collins.

Sorry about the vagueness, I was just speaking in general, absolutely not common knowledge I use AAS, But of course people judge as soon as they see what you look like with a shirt off.

I was just wondering is every person tested by the courts after defending themselves in a deadly situation, or if they could just test me for AAS "just because" for being larger or prominent within the Bodybuilding Community, such as being featured in a magazine and being judged by someone as they all say "all those guys in the magazines are on gear" .

And with me having AAS in my system should it be something to worry about if that is the case.

Last edited:

I have never heard of a situation or a case in which a person was drug tested for AAS in a self defense situation. Perhaps one day a high profile case would make this a reality but for now I believe recreational drugs would be the only "drug" tested for in a self defense situation.

If that were the case (which I hope it is LOL) I would definitely have nothing to worry as I'm totally clean in the department of rec drugs

Maybe a lawyer would press a certain issue in court if needed if a person was obviously jacked to the gills. But most of us could drop dosages and return to a regular size if needed by a court date if our apperance would be judged and an actual factor. I wouldn't be pushing a cycle if I was stressed by such a situation anyway.

Yeah something I'd be worried about is like if I was known within the bodybuilding world (which I'm not :)) and they'd wanna push the issue and test for AAS, or if it's just automatically tested for, before I could get everything out of my system.

If they test at all that is....

This probably a time where having shitty genetics might help you.

They look at you and go: "Yeah he's just a normal looking dude".

[emoji852]️

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry about the vagueness, I was just speaking in general, absolutely not common knowledge I use AAS, But of course people judge as soon as they see what you look like with a shirt off.

I was just wondering is every person tested by the courts after defending themselves in a deadly situation, or if they could just test me for AAS "just because" for being larger or prominent within the Bodybuilding Community, such as being featured in a magazine and being judged by someone as they all say "all those guys in the magazines are on gear" .

And with me having AAS in my system should it be something to worry about if that is the case.

I can't imagine why the topic of AAS would come up.

I also have never heard of the government requiring a test for AS after a shooting. And as it is not normal I am sure they would need a court order which would take quite a bit of time. And a person could claim they used the AS after the shooting in such a case. As AS and roid rage have never been proven I think a good lawyer could easily get out of doing the testing.

I can't imagine why the topic of AAS would come up.

Odd things like this come up in court. If a person has a punisher/skull shirt or "shoot first, ask questions later" shirt on it definitely gets brought up. Many gun enthusiast worry about lightening up their trigger pull or modifying their carry gun due to the fear it will be brought up in court and make them look like they had more than a reason of self defense to kill a person. As if they were trigger happy and not really justified shooting an individual.

People are always lumping in testing for rec drugs, alcohol, etc., with steriod testing. Steriod testing is not a routine test because it is extremely expensive. That's why it's mostly pro-sports and upper-tier college sports that do these tests, and on a selective basis. It would take some special circumstances for testing to be called for.

A lot happens after a shooting ...

You discharge your weapon, someone calls 911 (YOU should be calling 911 with your version of the events), cops arrives contain the scene, detectives come out (sometimes even a DA in a smaller jurisdiction)

Investigation and questioning starts

DA will decide whether or not to file criminal charges, if so, you enter trial phase, possibly sentencing, then appeals, and lastly you get to be sued civilly by the surviving family members (regardless of if it was justified or not)

DA investigations and testing can vary greatly state to state, county, incorporated city. Some states and counties have mandatory drug testing for LE after a shooting and some do for civilians, although I don't remember ever reading a case where someone was tested for anabolics, it's typically alcohol, pot and other recs that "impair judgment"

Bottom line though ... If it is truly justified to save your life then you're still alive. You will have to deal with all of the above, but you're alive.

A lot happens after a shooting ...

You discharge your weapon, someone calls 911 (YOU should be calling 911 with your version of the events), cops arrives contain the scene, detectives come out (sometimes even a DA in a smaller jurisdiction)

Investigation and questioning starts

DA will decide whether or not to file criminal charges, if so, you enter trial phase, possibly sentencing, then appeals, and lastly you get to be sued civilly by the surviving family members (regardless of if it was justified or not)

DA investigations and testing can vary greatly state to state, county, incorporated city. Some states and counties have mandatory drug testing for LE after a shooting and some do for civilians, although I don't remember ever reading a case where someone was tested for anabolics, it's typically alcohol, pot and other recs that "impair judgment"

Bottom line though ... If it is truly justified to save your life then you're still alive. You will have to deal with all of the above, but you're alive.

Yeah that's true, as the old saying goes, better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

So in a justified shooting, if a test were to come up, the good part is, from what everyone is saying, it would most likely be for the typical recreational drugs. That's really good to know. I really appreciate everyone's response in this thread :)

This is why tasers and mace should be legal. I'm in no way against firearms. But why is it that even the cops are so ready to grab their guns when other methods could solve the situation.

Just shoot the "#%@&$er" in the leg.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity