over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Quality leg press machine for the home?

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am now considering picking up a decent leg press for my home. Since my low back is always so sore I figure maybe a leg press might be better than squats now. After watching the Ronnie Coleman video and seeing him leg press even with his back so badly torn up it makes me think that this might be a wise move for me now. It might be a little bit easier on my heart too, not sure.

I found a few online tonight, and this one looks quite promising. Does anyone know if Legend Fitness is quality equipment? This looks pretty beefy and the price seems really fair to me. It says there may be extra shipping cost added on but that's ok with me if it is good stuff. Says the shipping weight is 620 lbs and that is about 300 lbs more than the body solid I found online. The footplate on this reminds me of the Nebula units I used to use. Those were awesome. This thing looks like it is made just about as good. I don't care about having a machine that can convert to hack squat.

https://www.fitnessgiant.com/leanlegpr.html

Anyone have experience with this or know of a leg press that is as good or better for under $3k?

Found it on the Legend site

Probably better maybe to order direct.
Angle Leg Press - Legend FitnessLegend Fitness

I see it ships fully assembled, so that explains the extra shipping cost. Now Im not sure I could fit it in the basement. I have a walk out basement but am worried it wont fit through the doorways.

Last edited:
Good.question on whether it would fit through a standard opening. I was going to suggest being able to diasasemble it a little bit after delivery but I see that it is a solid welded frame, so taking it apart doesn't seem lke an option. Looks like a nice unit though, I'm going to check out the reviews on the units if I can find any.

Last edited:
Not a leg press, but I personally would get a pit shark. The way the belt sits on the hips, I get no lower back pain or spinal compression when using it, even when really piling on the weight, no pain at all.

Gyms go out of business a lot, there is a lot of good used equipment out there, this stuff is commercial so it doesn't matter that it is used as long as it's in good condition, you will never wear it out. Some good used stuff pops up on ebay also.

I am thinking about getting this leg press from Titan Fitness:

https://www.titan.fitness/legprs1-legprs2-legprs3.html

Depending on how much weight you plan on using, this may be a good unit for you. It only weighs 325 lbs and costs only $1055, although I'm not sure how much weight it can hold.

Titan makes great, rugged stuff. My home dungeon gym has a T-6 power rack and incline bench, 45 degree back extension, farmer's walk/deadlift platform, safety squat bar, and several other pieces by Titan. The power rack is 11 gauge steel and the sturdiest thing in my home. The rest of the house could fall down in an earthquake and my power rack would still be standing there for the rest of time. My kid's kids will probably be using it someday.

i would check Craigslist and ebay constantly. A year or two ago i was very often able to find commercial grade stuff at rock bottom prices. Not so much anymore as i think alot of it gets picked up quickly by commercial resellers. As others mentioned, and this might be more difficult to find used, but a belt squat might be something to consider. Titan just released one i believe. they are basically a no frills competitor to Rogue and American Barbell, but with a much lower sticker price and probably some slight drop-off in quality (mainly the welds although they might've fixed this issue) but for their prices alot of folks seem to be content with their products. I personally cannot vouch for their products though, as i've never used any.

Last edited:
I would recommend to try and use the model before buying. I know which ones suit me because I try to train in numerous gyms. Most are fine but you do get some models that just feel bad. It's especially common for me when I use the duel-use leg press/hack squat models. If you can't use before you buy then picking an adjustable model makes sense. The need for trying before you buy likely increases for people who are very tall or short.

Thanks guys

After sleeping on it last night I decided to just take the easy way out and join a gym that is only about 10 minutes away. It is well equipped and I even have a key for 24 hour access. He has keiser Never used it until today and I was impressed with it.

https://www.keiser.com/fitness-equipment/strength-training Membership is just $35 a month too. It has a lot of really nice equipment and 3 squat racks.

He has a really nice belt squat that I used today for squats. Ive done belt squats in the past but had to use barbell plates and a complicated setup. I see there are a good number of belt squat options out there now. THis one is real nice.

I figured it would just be easier for me to join the gym and maybe having a membership will be more of a motivator for me to get back into things. Watching Ronnie Coleman last night on Netflix got me motivated! Sitting here now and my calves are killing me! I haven't worked them hard in 10 years.

Last edited:
After sleeping on it last night I decided to just take the easy way out and join a gym that is only about 10 minutes away. It is well equipped and I even have a key for 24 hour access. He has keiser Never used it until today and I was impressed with it.

https://www.keiser.com/fitness-equipment/strength-training Membership is just $35 a month too. It has a lot of really nice equipment and 3 squat racks.

He has a really nice belt squat that I used today for squats. Ive done belt squats in the past but had to use barbell plates and a complicated setup. I see there are a good number of belt squat options out there now. THis one is real nice.

I figured it would just be easier for me to join the gym and maybe having a membership will be more of a motivator for me to get back into things. Watching Ronnie Coleman last night on Netflix got me motivated! Sitting here now and my calves are killing me! I haven't worked them hard in 10 years.

10 mins is nothing. Definitely the best option. $35 per month is $420 per year. A half decent leg press could cost you 5 years gym membership plus it sounds like your gym has everything. 24 hours per day is ideal for me as well. I was meant to go the gym about 10pm and fell asleep and woke up at 2:30am. Not sure if I should try and sleep or go the gym and stay up all day. My gym has a 24 hour card and it's always good to have that option. Plus if I go now it will be completely empty so it's like having my own gym anyway. I actually prefer going when there are a few people there. The last 5 times I have been the gym there hasn't be more than 3 other people there and usually 1 at most. My gym has 4 leg press machines but I prefer the vertical one. None of them are great. One of them must be at least 50 years old.

10 mins is nothing. Definitely the best option. $35 per month is $420 per year. A half decent leg press could cost you 5 years gym membership plus it sounds like your gym has everything. 24 hours per day is ideal for me as well. I was meant to go the gym about 10pm and fell asleep and woke up at 2:30am. Not sure if I should try and sleep or go the gym and stay up all day. My gym has a 24 hour card and it's always good to have that option. Plus if I go now it will be completely empty so it's like having my own gym anyway. I actually prefer going when there are a few people there. The last 5 times I have been the gym there hasn't be more than 3 other people there and usually 1 at most. My gym has 4 leg press machines but I prefer the vertical one. None of them are great. One of them must be at least 50 years old.

Having everything at home would have been nice, but just too much work and money to get it setup right. I would have had to have someone take my entire door out of the basement to get that leg press inside. It is like a patio door with one side that is stationary and doesn't open. just the barbell and power rack I had was good for awhile but now I feel like I need more machines to really workout hard. My low back is always sore now and other various aches and pains, its going to be real nice to have the ability to train around those problems. I had a nice workout today. My heart didn't once feel out of rhythm either. Part of me is worried I will have an episode there at the gym and freak out everyone including the owner. I signed my waiver though!

Last edited:
If you can find it the icarian leg press is best one ive ever used.

interesting. i found the icarian to be just okay. A ton of gyms had them. The best leg presses i ever used were the Nebula w/the massive footplate and the Flex/Startrac leg press.

Do all members get a key like that?

Do all members get a key like that?

They can, but you have to pay an extra $10 a month. So I pay $35 rather than just $25. Well worth it IMO. It is pretty nice. I will be able to get in whenever I want, even holidays like Christmas when it is closed. The only thing I wont be able to use is the pool. It is an electronic key fob.

They can, but you have to pay an extra $10 a month. So I pay $35 rather than just $25. Well worth it IMO. It is pretty nice. I will be able to get in whenever I want, even holidays like Christmas when it is closed. The only thing I wont be able to use is the pool. It is an electronic key fob.

That’s awesome especially for that price like you said. I’m guessing it’s not a huge chain. For me the emptier the gym the better my best workouts have always been when the place is empty.

I prefer there to be 'some' people in the gym for motivation and camraderie….especially since I don't have a workout partner and train alone. I have to go at 5pm.....and yea, that can suck with too many people.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws