advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird Steroid Advice From Professional Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrl41090

Newbies
Hey All,
I am a lurker here, absorbing info like a sponge, but I wanted to get your take on some somewhat counter-intuitive advice I got from my chiropractor (who apparently doubles as an athletic consultant, having his own gym in his complex, etc). He does have a background in steroid usage himself, though I am not sure to what extent he used or what compounds.

Firstly, he suggested to me that injectables pose the greatest danger to one's health due to the solution the compound is suspended in and the fact that they must pass through the heart, causing untold health complications. This doesn't make sense to me at all, as injections are done intra-muscularly.

Secondly, he said one should only consider using orals, that the idea that they are hard on your liver is greatly overblown, and that you bear less health risks by going oral only, seeing as you aren't injecting . He said he had great experiences with dianobol or winstrol only cycles with no adverse effects.

Lastly, he said prime usage age to see maximal effects is between the ages of 21-25, and anything after that would produce diminishing returns.

All of these things seem to go against popular belief among the bodybuilding community. Is this doctor just crazy and ill-educated about steroids and anabolic compounds, or does any of this make sense?

Justin

I think i might know who you are talking about.... if so he is on this forum but doesnt post alot.

To answer your question...yes, he is an idiot! All drugs, whether injected, taken orally, snorted, ect. will eventually end up in your bloodstream and pass through your heart. Injectible steroids only make one pass through the liver. Orals make two passes through the liver, and are also alkylated so they play hell with your liver.

Steroids work very well after age 25. I'm 43 and still am growing.

Lots of PM members have posted their bloodwork. Those on orals usually have higher liver values. But, in moderation, orals can be used safely. If you are starting your first cycle, start with a very safe injectible like primobolan and you will get very nice gains.

why would he think that the max gain would happen between the ages of 21-25? if anything I would think that older a person the greater the gains due to the fact that your natural test goes down the older you get...

now the gains will slow down as you get more cycles under your belt because the body will develop a tolerance to the substances

To answer your question...yes, he is an idiot! All drugs, whether injected, taken orally, snorted, ect. will eventually end up in your bloodstream and pass through your heart. Injectible steroids only make one pass through the liver. Orals make two passes through the liver, and are also alkylated so they play hell with your liver.

Steroids work very well after age 25. I'm 43 and still am growing.

Lots of PM members have posted their bloodwork. Those on orals usually have higher liver values. But, in moderation, orals can be used safely. If you are starting your first cycle, start with a very safe injectible like primobolan and you will get very nice gains.

This is actually a common misconception, in terms of "liver passes" there is no magical number of how many times something passes through the liver. Any time the blood travels through the liver that the compound is within it goes through the liver. This can be dozens or 100s of times

Both my endo and urologist have stated this to me.

Next time you see him, ask him for some references. A lot of cycles 30+ years ago, bodybuilders did stack orals for cycles, but the rest of what he is saying is baseless as far as I know. The only thing he might be referring to is EO(Ethyl Oleate). That stuff screws me up!

Next time you see him, ask him for some references. A lot of cycles 30+ years ago, bodybuilders did stack orals for cycles, but the rest of what he is saying is baseless as far as I know. The only thing he might be referring to is EO(Ethyl Oleate). That stuff screws me up!

How does EO screw you up?

Firstly, he suggested to me that injectables pose the greatest danger to one's health due to the solution the compound is suspended in..........

That's as far as I need to go to know your chiro is a ing quack.

This post doesn't do much to inspire faith in our medical field.:banghead:

Thanks guys for clearing up the quackery. Growing1221, that would be quite weird if you and I were talking about the same person. And to johnjuan21, I am considering starting a cycle in the near future, and it would be my first. When my doc presented this info, it confused me. Primo definitely sounds like a good starting compound, but it is quite expensive. For reasons such as cost and legality, I have been debating just trying out a few still legal PHs first, but those seem to more damage to your health then good. The idea of an oral only cycle as suggested by my dr appealed to me if not for cost alone, as I have no issue with injectables. I guess I am just in paralysis by analysis mode, and have been for some time. If anyone else has any advice on a good route to take, I'm all ears.

Once again guys, thanks for the quick responses and all the help.

How does EO screw you up?

Every time I used it the site would swell up badly...I had to get keflex and switch to EO free products. One of the problems, and IP started warning people about this several years ago, is that the EO eats away at the rubber septum in the vials. This could very well be the reason it irritates the site.

IMO, Primo or Test for a first cycle is fine. For orals, Dbol, Var...

Alkylated orals stress the liver, whether they are PH's or illegal AAS. They resist breakdown in the liver.

Injectibles are not alkylated, so most cause less liver stress. The ones that do cause stress are known (Injectible Dbol, which is alkylated, and some think Tren for example...)

Some PH's do work great, like "Superdrol". But it made me feel like death. I'd rather take twice as much Anadrol and not feel like someone ran me over. And yes some PH's can do worse damage than proven, tested AAS. I'll take Drol, Dbol, or Var any day. The risks are known, the proper doses are known. And with some PH's, because of the legal climate, they don't even list what the compound is!!

Sounds like this "Doctor" has been sipping from the Bro Scientist kool-aide. What a joke!:banghead:

why would he think that the max gain would happen between the ages of 21-25? if anything I would think that older a person the greater the gains due to the fact that your natural test goes down the older you get...

now the gains will slow down as you get more cycles under your belt because the body will develop a tolerance to the substances

I believe the younger you are the better steroids work. Teens is most receptive time, so I don't agree with the doc either. :D

What a joke....this guy is throwing out false information. I laugh when I hear shit like this.

A Chiropractor is not a "professional Dr."

THANK YOU....I know a Chiropractor that calls himself a DR, it makes me laugh

Well,we have eight years of education and require a professional license to practice.We have to keep up with ceu credits etc..

I am very unhappy with what many of my peers preach.
The good ones know their limits and what they can do based off research/science and stay within those boundaries.

Soooo many leach onto that "Dr." title and have it on their caller ID name,credit cards,everwhere!! LOL.I like the title "chiropractor".

Now onto the guy giving advice on AAS.We don't take pharmacology in the Chiropractic curriculum.I went to a Doctor of osteopath school and took the two classes in order to be educated on my patients medications .I am also a nutritionist so I wanted to learn pharmacology for that part of my job as well.

So he should NOT be telling anyone he is a Dr. of Chiropractic and giving advice/recommendations on the subject of pharmacology.Chiropractors in the United States do NOT prescribe medications,nor can they legally give advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner