over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

liver tab experiment. I'm shocked.

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anyone still use those universal liver tabs?
Anyway, a gym acquaintance told me he was gonna do a ridiculous experiment with these.
We both have stomach issues so both of us are always trying things.
This guy did the same 10 week cycle as he did last year. This time he simply cut down his meat consumption and added 100 liver tabs a day. Thats no typo...
He assures me that everything was the same down to the same drugs he always uses.
His last cycle he kept 10 pounds. This time around he kept 15, while adding tabs and cutting meats by 50%
He told me he's never kept that much...

Thoughts?

But really though, I'd like some info.
that sounds like a lot of iron intake

Did he change his training and lift heavier weight then before? Or was it the same poundage as the past.

Instead of 100 liver tabs per day why not cook up some nice tasty calf liver, here it's like $3 per pound

Instead of 100 liver tabs per day why not cook up some nice tasty calf liver, here it's like $3 per pound

That has to be an acquired taste - just the smell of liver makes me wretch. But my pops friggin LOVES it...

We eat some strange Sh** down here though and much of it I LOVE - I just cant get down with the liver..

Did he change his training and lift heavier weight then before? Or was it the same poundage as the past.

I asked him all that.
He does two cycles a year just for size. He never goes up in weights much ever.
I don't get...he gains strength but never changes his weight amounts much.
He does lose weight between cycles...
I don't see how anything can be the same really but that's just me.

Insteadf 100 liver tabs per day why not cook up some nice tasty calf liver, here it's like $3 per pound

Because for 1 baby calves :(
Also the fat maybe? and it's gross lol

x2 but I do chicken liver - $2/pound but if u wait to buy til it's 'sell by date', $1/pound:headbang:

no surprise for me.. if i remember corectly 1 liver tab =4 grams protein so 100 tabs =400 gr protein...
prety much imposible to not retain-gain muscle on that amount of easy assimilated protein

There are infinite variables involved in this

no surprise for me.. if i remember corectly 1 liver tab =4 grams protein so 100 tabs =400 gr protein...
prety much imposible to not retain-gain muscle on that amount of easy assimilated protein

nope. not really. more than what u can use isnt gonna magically increase yr muscle mass.

There are infinite variables involved in this

Exactly. So many variables it's impossible to state.

Now forget about the going on and coming off cycle etc. In simple terms is it hard to believe someone could put on 5 solid pounds from 100 liver tabs per day... of course not.

Uni-Liver by Universal are 3g protein (plus 14 calories) per 2 tablets. So he is consuming 150g of protein from these per day.

He may have swopped his meat but again so many variables I doubt he has written down and followed the exact same diet every time he has go on cycle then come off etc.

Next time he should try adding liver tabs to a diet with some meat (small servings) and he will probably gte even better results.

Uni-Liver contains 120mg of calcium per 2 tab serving.

100/2 =50

50*120=6000mg of calcium a day from just the liver tabs. This is a bad idea to do IMO.

I used to work at a supplement store and we had a regular that routinely took 50-100 of these a day. So people do do this. I would not rec. as that is simply way to much calcium. If one want to take this much liver tabs at least get Beverly's as they do not have all the calcium.

I remember those pills, no way I'll take 100 a day. I'd rather eat a whole cow

I bet his iron levels are out of this world!

I remember those pills, no way I'll take 100 a day. I'd rather eat a whole cow

Just sounds expensive too me to consume a bottle a day when there is lot of cheaper ways to take in quality protein.

Just sounds expensive too me to consume a bottle a day when there is lot of cheaper ways to take in quality protein.

Not even about the cost. Those pills are freaking huge. imagine how long does it take to consume 100 a day taking a pill at a time

Exactly. many variables it's impossible to state.

Now about the going on and coming off cycle etc. In simple terms is it hard to believe someone could put on 5 solid pounds from 100 liver tabs per day... of course not.

Uni-Liver by Universal are 3g protein (plus 14 calories) per 2 tablets. So he is consuming 150g of protein from these per day.

He may have swopped his meat but again so many variables I doubt he has written down and followed the exact same diet every time he has go on cycle then come off etc.

Next time he should try adding liver tabs to a diet with some meat (small servings) and he will probably gte even better results.

He still eats meat, just half as much. He said he ground up the tabs in small coffee grinder and sprinkles it on his meals.
Also, yeah...Idk how this can be exactly the same.
Maybe I should try it...I gave up on EAA, irritated my gut.
And, someone just mentioned calcium is too high with this route

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828