over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does everyone get GAS from OATMEAL??

Putin

Banned
That shit sucks. It tastes good but it gives me gas, and my wife gets the same thing. We also use lactose free milk, so I know it's not the milk.

not oatmeal, but eggs kill me...and everyone that works around me....3 eggs will give me gas for a week...i should own stock in gas-x, i use it so much!!!!!!

You ever try "beano" pills? I always see them advertise and I think I'm gonna give them a try. Supposed to prevent gas from everything.

Ya oats definitely give me gas. Its not as bad now as it was while dieting, when id low carb for days, then carb up for a day or two primarily with oats...yikes...horrid gas. I was makin oat pancakes with the oats too, so the egg whites in those im sure didnt help the cause any. I think I know what youre experiencing tho, and for me, theyre just too damn good to stop eating.

Oats bloat me so bad and leave me sluggish. I can only eat fast digesting carbs like rice and potatoes or fruit. My carb intake is center around workout time, so fat gain is not a problem.

I love oatmeal but I get gassy from it too. Add some raisins to it and OMG! :eek:

no problems here, love oatmeal

fills u up and keeps u regular :)

But baked potatoes or lots of chinese food? uh-oh....:eek:

YUp

Me+ oatmeal= Weapon of mass destruction. I do eat alot of it when i endulge its not just 1 or two packets...its more like half the box.......for breakfast...so it bloats me up pretty good till the release valve has to be pulled.....lol...:D

Someone has got to take some "beano" pills along with oatmeal to see if it stop gas.

Try some digestive enzyme pills. I was getting lots of gas and frequent washroom trips. Few days into the pills, things have improved - not 100%, but much improved. In my case, I think it was the high protein.

The digestive enzyme pills that I bought are for protein, carbs, and fiber if I recall correctly.

Try some digestive enzyme pills. I was getting lots of gas and frequent washroom trips. Few days into the pills, things have improved - not 100%, but much improved. In my case, I think it was the high protein.

The digestive enzyme pills that I bought are for protein, carbs, and fiber if I recall correctly.

High protein doesnt cause gas. It's either lactose intolerance or the SHIT LOAD of FILLERS they put into whey protein tubs.

High protein doesnt cause gas. It's either lactose intolerance or the SHIT LOAD of FILLERS they put into whey protein tubs.

I don't think I'm lactose intolerant as I can drink milk and I'm fine. For about 4-5 weeks, I have been on true protein now, and it is supposed to be good. Don't know, other than the protein, my diet has stayed the same.

As mentioned, digestive enzymes seemed to help. I will run them for another week and then stop and see what happens.

Those who get "gas" from oatmeal usually can't tolerate too much "soluble" fiber, which oatmeal is very high in. You would be better off getting your fiber from "insoluble" sources OR just live with the consequences..lol!

JD~

the more processed the oatmeal is the less gas you will get....

steel cut oats take much longer to digest, so they sit in your colon and ferment, fermentation = gas.

instant oats take a lot less longer to digest so less fermentation.

yea man dam I'm eating oats right now when i saw this thread

Damn man I am eating some right now as I read this. LMAO. Yeah they have the same effect on me. Today though, I am going fishing so I will just consider it my own defense mechanism against the Grizzly Bears I might run into.:D

I used to eat 4 cups of oats (measured uncooked) each day, but after about 6 months I started getting extreme bloating and gas. I used to be able to eat it with just minimal gas. Now if I eat even 1/2 cup of oats I pretty much double over in pain within 30 min. I'm now intolerant to oats and most wheat products. Not sure if they're connected, but it started after upping my oat intake.

On a side note I eat about a dozen eggs a day with absolutely no gas... as long as I don't eat any wheat/oats whatsoever.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws