over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA’s deplete dopamine and neurotransmitters

Gotta love all these so called studies. There will me more coming out showing they increase growth hormone by 1000 %

in my opinion, BCAA’s have been always overrated, just a way to drain more money off customers

All these instagram celeb chicks and even regular gym bros always pimping and bragging about bcaa. I don't know why the fuck anyone intelligent would still be using bcaa over eaa. I had been saying EAA is superior for almost a decade now and finally it has been confirmed by pretty much every great mind in the industry.

Yet, still everyone is pimping their damn bcaa's. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

All these instagram celeb chicks and even regular gym bros always pimping and bragging about bcaa. I don't know why the fuck anyone intelligent would still be using bcaa over eaa. I had been saying EAA is superior for almost a decade now and finally it has been confirmed by pretty much every great mind in the industry.

BCAA's are flavoured and cheaper. Two big factors when people make a purchase.

Apparently adding extra Taurine can negate these negative effects.

Price. Leucine in bulk is cheap and I get results from it. Even if eaa are better I never noticed any real world diffrence.

I've always noticed a big difference in soreness when taking BCAA and not taking them. They work well for me and I use what works for me. I don't care of anyone thinks it's dumb. If someone is worried about what I'm using they are worried about to he wrong person.

but muh gains

Apparently adding extra Taurine can negate these negative effects.

I use two brands of Bcaa

One is a bcaa + eaa blend+l-glutamine blend, and one is bcaa blend with Taurine.

I have used the bcaa taurine one in a while so I'm Putting the bcaa and taurine one in my gym bag. Thank you for pointing this out.

Not a big fan of BCAA on its own - that are not from whole protein sources, but the BCAA dosage studied are 60g - that's 5-10 times what most supplements suggest taking standalone/without other food.

BCAA competes with tryptophan so yes it will lower serotonin levels - therefore interfere with mood and sleep. That's why worst thing to do is to take BCAA at night unless you're severely catabolic, though a whole protein still better for many reasons. If you have pre-existing anxiety or low/ fluctuating mood issues, then stay far away from standalone BCAA as serotonin helps regulate impulsive/ high risk taking and anxiety driven behaviours. I've seen guys get jacked on BCAA taken pre-workout, which helps their workout, but not their temperament.

I used BCAA's in the early 90's for a while and got good results. Course it could have been the 5000+ calorie diet I ate then to grow. As the 4000 calorie was my maintenance diet.

This concerns me as I use a lot of whey protein that is rich in BCAAs.

This concerns me as I use a lot of whey protein that is rich in BCAAs.

There was another article which I can’t find that counterbalanced these negatives with extra supplementation of Taurine. Maybe throw in 2 g Taurine 2-3x/day and it should probably help. Although I haven’t seen or heard of any buddy who uses a lot of BCAAs suffer any kind of neurotransmitter disorders.

Jesus man.No wonder I'm nutty

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Before everyone ditches their BCAAs keep in mind this is just one study. There are far more studies which have been validated about dopamine levels in general. If you feel like your BCAAs are decreasing dopamine you could try supplementing with tyrosine, Ashwagandha, rhodiola, panax ginseng and green tea

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws