over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bells Palsy

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Anyone have any first hand experience with Bells Palsy?

I was diagnosed with it Friday, thank God it wasn't a stroke......
Been on Prednisone and an antibiotic since Friday night, I actually feel worse today.

Just looking at peoples recovery times, and anything they did to maybe hasten the process.

I feel ok and can deal with the numb face, biting my lip and inner cheek when I eat, and drooling when I drink but the effects on my eyes is driving me nuts.....blurry, hard to focus, watering.........

This sucks..

Dad had it. I think the drooping of the face didn't go back to normal until around 6months. We thought it was a stroke too, first time I had everheard of it. Trying to think if the doct had him on anything to help, but I don't think he did. Pretty much has to run it's coarse. I do remember, there was a chance it would stay like that. sorry I couldn't help more.

my brother had it due to stress a few years back when i talk to him ill get some details for u he should be home in about a hour

Thanks guys.

Doc said it could take six weeks but about 20% don't recover fully.

I just figured I would feel more relief after a few days on the meds.

I'll take all the ideas and feedback I can get........

I had it before and it took me about 6 weeks to recover at first it didn't seem as it would get better. I don't think I was stressed at the time just woke and realized something was wrong and went to doctor was first misdiagnosed as in the Army then. Went to the ER later and then doctor told me what it was and told me that not all recover as it worried me a little.

When did you feel you were starting to recover?

My ex girlfriend (were still friends) just got it 6 days ago. So far no improvement. She never lost vision or hearing and can blink and move her eye just can't close it all the way. The hardest part is her speech. She can't work bc she talks on the radio for her job and her self confidence is terrible bc people think she's mentally handicap. All I've read is 95% recover fully but could take up to 6 months. She now has a cold and can't take any medicine bc she's already on prednisone and anti viral.

Old customer had it for years, still had it last time I saw him....would appear much worse at times.

I don't think I noticed a change the first week or so but at about week 3 or so I so some improvement.

I started taking B-Complex yesterday.
My right eye is giving some problems but I think it's from compensating for my left eye. Today my right eye feels better.

I can't work because it's 90% computer work. Luckily I don't have to be back at work until January 2nd since I'm on vacation. Not how I wanted to spend it LOL

Going to workout and do crap around the house to keep busy.

Anyone have any first hand experience with Bells Palsy?

I was diagnosed with it Friday, thank God it wasn't a stroke......
Been on Prednisone and an antibiotic since Friday night, I actually feel worse today.

Just looking at peoples recovery times, and anything they did to maybe hasten the process.

I feel ok and can deal with the numb face, biting my lip and inner cheek when I eat, and drooling when I drink but the effects on my eyes is driving me nuts.....blurry, hard to focus, watering.........

This sucks..

It does suck, luckily it will get better with time. I was on the same meds they gave you, also did a multi-vit and took loads of b-12 sublingual. I think mine lasted around 2 weeks. One day my numb side would move just a bit. The next day a little bit more and gradually got MOST of range back.

My unfortunate side effect is my face is no longer symmetrical. When I smile I have to remember to lift the other side as they no longer are in sync. Its weird. If I get tired my eye starts getting droopy and you can kinda tell.

Also Ibuprofen was part of my daily regimen until it made my stomach bleed. Now I just take it when I can feel my face get tight.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be of help, but I rested a lot also. Still have no idea what triggered it. I was unemployed so it was easy to sit around and rest lol.

Good luck and don't let it get you down.

Today is the first day I notice it getting slightly better.
Heat packs work. Eyes are coming back.

Well

I had it on left side then 2 months later the right side. Took 1 full year to recover. Excruciating pain in left side and none in right. Prednisone and antiviral. I only eat organic foods now.

I had it on left side then 2 months later the right side. Took 1 full year to recover. Excruciating pain in left side and none in right. Prednisone and antiviral. I only eat organic foods now.

Ouch. I remember the piercing pain on my right side, like a knife twisting inside the brain, kept me up at night, when I took the meds, within 2 hours I had relief.

Word is itll come back within 10 yrs. I can't believe the frustration you had when it came back on the other side 2 months later. Oh man.

Thankfully I don't have much pain. Just right below the eye.
It comes and goes and isn't that bad.
I'm using moist heat, zinc, b-complex, and time I guess!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws