• Yes. Had a surgery and now everything is fine

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Yes. Had a surgery, but didn’t help much

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Yes. Did only physical therapy with a few exercises, and got fixed

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Yes. It got healed over time by itself without any PT or surgery

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Yes. I still have, it doesn’t bother me and I skip exercises that stress my RCs

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • No. Never had

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A little survey... Please give more information if you can

Choose CAREFULLY !

Jury is still out for me. Going for the MRI next week (x ray showed nothing abnormal). Doctor says either small labrum tear, rotator cuff or arthritis. I'm only in pain with certain movements and he did some resistance tests in the office, which I did pretty well. I've had to lighten up the weight and focus more on quality and quantity reps and startegies. Rest/Pause, Iso Tension, etc...
Doing rotator cuff stretches before training seems to help some. Getting my left arm under the bar for squats is a little tough.

Last edited:
I've had 3 surgeries and avoided a 4th by using BPC 157. Do yourself a favor and get some asap if you have shoulder issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I just took a quick look at that...what dose? I'm willing to give it a shot.

250-500mcg per day for a few weeks.

I've had 3 surgeries and avoided a 4th by using BPC 157. Do yourself a favor and get some asap if you have shoulder issues.

Ive heard once you've had rotary cuff surgery, it is never the same again. And you've had 3 already? I feel for ya.. Do you stay away from certain movements now, or is it business as usual? Just curious..

When I was done playing college football, I needed rotator cuff repair in both of my shoulders. They did a great job, but that's because a major university was footing the bill. My advice to anyone having surgery is to find the highest level sports team in your area, then find the surgeon they use.

where is the " i had surgery and it will never be good as new again" i know of no one that has had surgery and it was as good as new.

Ive heard once you've had rotary cuff surgery, it is never the same again. And you've had 3 already? I feel for ya.. Do you stay away from certain movements now, or is it business as usual? Just curious..

I've had 2 on my left and one on my right. The right is pretty good left is the one I nurse a bit. Overall if you avoid things that hurt you will be fine. But no you are never 100% again but it's well worth if IF no other options helped.

BPC 157 is amazing.

Just had rotator along with completely torn bicep tendon surgery on April 20. The rotator feels good, but I think the bicep tendon came loose or is torn again. Tried BPC 157 amd TB500 but still in pain. I think the therapy before surgery helped me more than surgery. There is a guy in therapy who had plasma injection therapy done to his, completely torn rotator, and in a month he had full movement and almost no pain. On YouTube there is quite a few people who have had it and are healed, bad thing is insurance won't cover it because they look at it like a experiment.

I stretch and do RC exercises before EVERY workout. It takes me about 10-15 mins just to get both shoulders warmed up enough to have a good work out. Once my shoulders are good and warm, things are OK. But cold ... it's hard to even reach up to grab a pillow off of a shelf.

When I was done playing college football, I needed rotator cuff repair in both of my shoulders. They did a great job, but that's because a major university was footing the bill. My advice to anyone having surgery is to find the highest level sports team in your area, then find the surgeon they use.

That's exactly who I'm dealing with. San Antonio Spurs team doctor and his group.

That's what I'm doing right now. I've been putting 500mcg into my rotator cuff daily for a week so far. It seems to be slowly helping.

I had some spurs removed, and some additional bone that was causing an impingement, also had bicep tendon repair at the same time, the main thing with me is I have not regained 100% rom back, probably 90-95%, I should have gotten it done a year early than I did, I waited to long and had loss of rom and some atrophy around shoulder, hell yeah it was worth it.

did PT, alot of untrasound used the crap out of the shoulder horn and acupuncture now barley acts up accept heavy pressing stuff but only day after for 1 day.

A little survey... Please give more information if you can

Choose CAREFULLY !

I think it really boils down to what is the cause of the rotator cuff damage and to what extent is the current damage. In other words, if you have a bone spur that has grown and is causing inflammation and damage to the tendon(s); then that is quite different from inflammation or damage that is caused from say weak external rotators or poor ROM. If the damage is not yet severe and there is no underlying cause that needs to be addressed via surgery; then you are way better off finding an experienced PT who can improve your flexibility/ROM and strength.

Never had a torn rotator cuff or any serious serious injury (knock on wood). Every time I feel something not right I take a week off maybe two. I've been weight training for 8 years and that has always helped me. Though I hurt my lower back last year (nothing to serious) doing deadlifts and I haven't touched them since.

Both shoulders repaired. Reattached infraspinatus and supraspinatus both shoulders, reattached biceps tendon in right.
They are great. No regrets

Tore rotator cuff several times and ended up having surgery. The surgery really didn't help anything at all for me. Several years later another doctor said it was likely the labrum that was torn the whole time and that's why the surgery didn't do much.
'
This doctor says I have bursitis, torn labrum, scar tissue, and bone spurs in the ac joint and doesn't think surgery would be worth it. I just now avoid anything that hurts.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic