YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Improve cholesterol numbers without statins?

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I got blood work and my cholesterol numbers aren't that great. My "good" is low and my "bad" is high.
My diet is fine, I'm on Test Cyp TRT from doc, Metformin 2 times a day (my blood sugar was low, she's concerned but Metformin does this so that's why it was low).
Liver values are good.

Question is, without taking statins, how can I get my cholesterol #'s to improve?

Search function doesn't work on my phone so don't flame please

Cardarine, fish oil

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Krill oil seems to be hot among the folks on the board. I am just starting 1500 mg for 90 days after my most recent test! I plan to report back after 90 days!

So I got blood work and my cholesterol numbers aren't that great. My "good" is low and my "bad" is high.
My diet is fine, I'm on Test Cyp TRT from doc, Metformin 2 times a day (my blood sugar was low, she's concerned but Metformin does this so that's why it was low).
Liver values are good.

Question is, without taking statins, how can I get my cholesterol #'s to improve?

There's a few strategies, cardio and diet are the two more prominent approaches.

What are your values? As well, your triglycerides?

Terming Good and Bad is falsely identifying as the such. Both lipoproteins can react proatherosclerotic.

There's a few strategies, cardio and diet are the two more prominent approaches.

Terming Good and Bad is falsely identifying as the such. Both lipoproteins can react proatherosclerotic.
Thanks Stewie, I'll request a copy for exact #'s.

I was so mad at my 1.5 hr wait I didn't ask for copies

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I leave after 30 minutes, 35 maybe. a hour is unacceptable, bye bye

A majority of clinics and hospitals have online accounts that you can review your labs, ect.

Something to consider.

X2. Several variations in particle size exist for lipoproteins. It's important to know trig value as well. Keep us posted

A majority of clinics and hospitals have online accounts that you can review your labs, ect.

Something to consider.
I spoke to a friend who is the receptionist and she's going to send them to me Monday.

X2. Several variations in particle size exist for lipoproteins. It's important to know trig value as well. Keep us posted
She said my triglycerides were high. Obviously not having exact numbers doesn't help lol

My blood sugar was 65 I believe and she immediately wanted a 4hr blood glucose test. A side of metformin is lower blood sugar so I'm not concerned and not doing the glucose test. I literally don't have 4 hrs to kill when I know why it was "low"

She said my liver values were good, again without #'s it means nothing. I'll post up when I receive the paper work

Mine are the same
Total Cholesterol is the only good at 175
LDL is high at 150
HDL low at 15
Triglycerides are good
But I know that is my fault for not doing cardio, only weight training for years
I'll start my cardio
Also eating a plant diet can improve a lot with plenty omegas from plant not fish oil, fish oil has cholesterol and can b highly contaminated since our environment is all fucked up
Chia seeds, Flax seeds has way more omega than fish oil, also green leaf lettuce and most plant has omega,remember Amimaks get their omega from their plant

There is no doubt steroids will have an impact on lipid profile. This has always been a concern in this sport and still a "grey" area to properly manage.

We need to understand what is behind the cholesterol numbers. As others pointed, there is no such thing as good or bad cholesterol. All of it is cholesterol. HDL and LDL are lipoproteins that bind to cholesterol molecules Among others that we don't usually measure in blood tests.

Im no doctor, no nurse, nothing in the medical field, however from what I understand, when there is inflammation in the arteries LDL tend to go up in order to deposit cholesterol molecules in the micro tears in the artery walls that are inflamed.

But even if thats not the exact mechanism behind, the proper logic is to find what makes the numbers to go up to begin with. Thats why statin drugs don't make sense because forcing cholesterol down is not the proper solution. The proper solution is to shut down what is causing the body to produce more cholesterol and spiking LDL numbers up. Of course an herb or a tea wont make it either. Its a combination of stopping the external aggressor and then providing the right nutritional environment for repair.

There is no doubt steroids will have an impact on lipid profile. This has always been a concern in this sport and still a "grey" area to properly manage.

We need to understand what is behind the cholesterol numbers. As others pointed, there is no such thing as good or bad cholesterol. All of it is cholesterol. HDL and LDL are lipoproteins that bind to cholesterol molecules Among others that we don't usually measure in blood tests.

Im no doctor, no nurse, nothing in the medical field, however from what I understand, when there is inflammation in the arteries LDL tend to go up in order to deposit cholesterol molecules in the micro tears in the artery walls that are inflamed.

But even if thats not the exact mechanism behind, the proper logic is to find what makes the numbers to go up to begin with. Thats why statin drugs don't make sense because forcing cholesterol down is not the proper solution. The proper solution is to shut down what is causing the body to produce more cholesterol and spiking LDL numbers up. Of course an herb or a tea wont make it either. Its a combination of stopping the external aggressor and then providing the right nutritional environment for repair.

So what's your solution for genetically high lipids? Do you consider genetically high cholesterol hazardous to your health?

Krill definitely worked for me. Lowered bad by 25% and the good up by 20%

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So what's your solution for genetically high lipids? Do you consider genetically high cholesterol hazardous to your health?

Of course its hazardous. And if its genetic, most probably doesn't have a cure. Although "genetic" doesn't mean there is a bad gene coded to destroy the carbon unit. Instead, its a genetic mutation. And genetic mutations can be restored over the course of generations.

I don't have a solution for it because Im not in the medical field, nor have a genetic lipid dysfunction. But if I had, of course I would do proper extensive research to keep symptoms under control as much as possible. One way in the case of genetic bad lipid is of course staying away from steroids. Having a genetic disorder that is directly impacted by steroids, using steroids, and then trying to find a drug to counteract the use of steroids, doesn't sound too sane to me.

Still, Im almost positive genetic lipid disorder can be kept under control with proper nutrition. Keeping away as much environmental factors that cause inflammation, supplying the body every day with high amounts of ORAC plus all the 90 essential nutrients at the right quantities.

Krill definitely worked for me. Lowered bad by 25% and the good up by 20%

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Can you shed some light on dosage and how long it took to achieve those results? Any other changes of just adding krill did the tick for you?

Policosanol

What's every one's opinion on Policosanol for improving Lipids?

What's every one's opinion on Policosanol for improving Lipids?

It can help but it's not one of the main players. That's why a product such as NOW Foods Sytrinol is great as it contains both.

Liver values are good.

Every user of AAS needs to take at least the following items daily:

Quality Fish Oil
Vitamin K2

Ldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads