YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many reach out to help people in the gym??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many of you guy reach out to help people in the gym??

This youngster works at our gym and started working out rhere. HE was intimidated by bigger more experienced guys being worried that he would be bothering them if he asked questions so he just creeped around , I noticed that he will study and watch what others do then try to replicate it when he trains. I ask him to come work in with me and a another Training partner (so we could have more rest between sets:D) he worriedly accepted and we have now taken him under our wing. We explained posing and how important it was and that's why we do it a couple of times each week all year so now he wants compete in classic physique.

He's only 19 and only been weight training for 2 years.!!
I think he has a handle on vacuums , i'm a firm believer that it's a very important exercise to help keep the waist tight and strengthen the core and abdominal wall in a different way.

Poses

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181016-213656~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-213656~2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20181016-213509~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-213509~2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20181016-213501~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-213501~2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 149
Idk if it helps anyone but sometimes I walk around with my dick out

When I was young....damn, that's hard to say. Anyway, I'm from the midwest but our rather small town had a legitimate bodybuilding scene going on. I was only 17 or 18, but I wanted to be like these guys. I also was too shy, one guy mistakingly grabbed my straps as he was packing his gym bag to leave...I was legit scared to ask for them back, but I did. Well a week later he saw me doing heavy leg presses and came over to spot me, then show me a few things. Over time, the group of 7 or 8 hardcore guys saw me as the young guy in their group. Now, the scene still exists, though I have a distane for most of the "bros", if u get that. But there are a couple of serious guys that hit me up after my workouts finished. I enjoy sharing tips with them.

Last edited:
How many of you guy reach out to help people in the gym??

This youngster works at our gym and started working out rhere. HE was intimidated by bigger more experienced guys being worried that he would be bothering them if he asked questions so he just creeped around , I noticed that he will study and watch what others do then try to replicate it when he trains. I ask him to come work in with me and a another Training partner (so we could have more rest between sets:D) he worriedly accepted and we have now taken him under our wing. We explained posing and how important it was and that's why we do it a couple of times each week all year so now he wants compete in classic physique.

He's only 19 and only been weight training for 2 years.!!
I think he has a handle on vacuums , i'm a firm believer that it's a very important exercise to help keep the waist tight and strengthen the core and abdominal wall in a different way.

If someone with your experience took it on themselves to offer help when I was 19 it would really mean a lot to me. At that age knowing someone believes in you and what your doing makes all the difference.

I think it’s not just good for him but also benefits YOU. More probably. Bet it feels pretty good ;)

he has great structure!

i always try to help younger guys as i was blessed to have been givin alot of free advice from a cpl pros and top npc guys ...not that i am very impressive myself but i still try to help when i can

The only time I do is when I see a young guy, like teenager, with great genetics who I can tell is new to working out. I encourage them, tell them to make sure they train everything, they have a lot of potential, etc. I don't have the good genetics part but I had older guys I looked up to encourage me when I was starting out so I know how much of an impact it can have.

Other than that, I don't. Most people get mad or offended if you offer any kind of help - they're stuck on working their ego instead of their body. Which is also why 99% of people in gyms look the same year after year.

I feel like reaching out and choking a few of them at times.....but I just keep my mouth shut and carry on with my workout.

I once told a guy that people a few decades back used to add whole eggs to their shakes for calories, especially if they couldn't eat that much.

Run into him a few weeks later, and he asks me how bring down the crunchiness of the shake.

Me in my head: Crunchiness? Wtf is he...Yup, he was adding the shells too.

"You said whole eggs bro"

I'll make small talk with people I know there (I train at the same time usually), but not advising (which I wasn't even doing) anybody.

Lucky for me, it's dead at 830 pm there so I can just train, and leave.

This is not some holier than thou attitude, or some form of neckbeard narcissism, but some people are STRAIGHT UP RETARDED (blissfully unaware too). I have aged probably 20 years on the inside in the past 5 years running into some interesting folks between work, school, and the gym.

Respect to you Gunsmith!
I think your showing this 19y/o how to train and possibly other aspects of this sport/hobby...diet & PEDS will help him make better decisions and possibly avoid injury.

Most people get mad or offended if you offer any kind of help - they're stuck on working their ego instead of their body. Which is also why 99% of people in gyms look the same year after year.

This..... I attempted to help this younger guy who was doing something wrong and was more than likely gonna hurt himself...… he gave me an attitude and a dirty look..... so..... now I just mind my biz and i'll cringe from a distance

I'm usually the biggest guy in my gym, so I get younger guys ask me for advice all the time and I love helping them out. It helps me learn as well!

Sometimes I wonder why I don't just start a personal training biz on the side...

When I offer advice to people who seem like they have lifted for a few year,s they usually just nod their head and let the ego take over.

If I offer advice to women, its a 50/50, but I don't wanna be that creep in the gym trying to spot a chick in the squat rack so I usually just offer some verbal tips and go on my way.

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD CRITIQUE HOW I LIFT!!! I wish I had an olympia-level competitor in my gym who could teach me a thing or two....

I surely would if it weren't for...

The fact that talk sooner or later will revolve around steroids, about which people don't seem to understand that asking someone about illegal drugs is incriminating to the person being asked. I'm always bedazzled by people's lack of insight (or maybe they know but just don't give a fuck) when being asked in the gym.

(I know I made the retarded mistake of re-registering here with my real name talking about steroids but at least there are several Jeroen Debleser's in Belgium)

That kid looks amazing Gunsmith, like a young Arnold.

As a rule I quit offering advice decades ago as most of the people that seem to do that have ulterior motives or should not be helping any one as they don't appear to have a clue what to do other then the current gym bro fad. But if someone asks questions I will take all the time they need.

If I'm training at a chain gym I do my best to pretend like nobody else even exists in there. Just too much nonsense going on. That doesn't mean I won't spot someone if they ask though. Like MTF said, most people just get offended if you try to help or offer some advice to keep them from hurting themselves.

I used to help people - but it gets to frustrating- a lot- of these kids think they know every thing.
I know there are some good ones out there- but I am done with trying to help out there- Sorry I an leaving too you guys that still have patience

I don’t have time for that. I’m in and out quick, socializing annoys me because some ppl do not shut up. if someone asked me for advice or a question; I’ll answer them and help them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive offered advice before and many take it personal - or get embarrassed. so i never do it anymore no matter how wrong they are performing an exercise.

now if someone asks for advice, then im more than happy to help

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner