over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

STAYING LEAN WHILE GROWING

Roadglide83

Newbies
I have recently been experimenting with new ways of trying to grow while staying lean around 8-10% bf instead of the typical offseason bulking gaining maybe 25-40lbs of extra weight. I have been keeping all my carbs pre/intra/post while using slin/GH around training and then the rest of the day staying high protein moderate fat zero/low carb. Have any of you guys used this approach to try and maintain a lean look all year while using proper timing of gear and food to try and grow? I will lay out my last blast so you can see what I did.

Test enth 500/week
NPP 300/week
EQ 400/week
Test susp 50mg pre workout
GH 5iu/1 hr pre workout
Humalog 4-5iu 15 min pre workout
Nolvadex 50mg daily
Aromasin 10mg 3 times week

-my protein was around 400g daily, fats were around 60g, carbs were 60g pre workout/25g intra/80g post workout. Rest of day was protein/ fats/and veggies

-I went from about 240lbs to 245lbs with bodyfat getting pretty low around 8% I’m assuming. No cardio and weight training around 4-5 days per week.

I have found that staying leaner makes the gains slower. But I don't lose as much muscle when I diet back down. And it isn't as much work. Buking up year after year gets to be a waste after a while.

Try multiple GH injections if you want to stay leaner on that protocol, i'd also look to use more androgenic compounds.

Growing and staying lean for me requires tren/GH and cycling calories

4 lift days a week ~150g carbs
3 off days carbs are strictly 4 cups broccoli.

330g protein, 50g fat. My added fats are fish oil caps and a few olives.

It’s slow, but if I start to get blurry I don’t like it. Dammit body dismorphia

Last edited:
I'm sure your approach will work given how you're supplementing.

Growing while staying lean is 100% about the diet and controlling carbohydrate intake. Growing time shouldn't be an eating contest each day - there's a threshold amount of muscle you'll build in a set time frame and continuing to push more calories ends up leading to more fat gain than muscle gain. It's all about eating as little as you need to make slow, consistent gains.

It really does depend on your overall goals. If your goals are to stay lean and make slow, but manageable gains, then lean gaining is the way to go.

If goals are to become a true massive beast, you may have to put on a little more than you feel comfortable with. The exceptions are if you're a true genetic freak. Other than that, some fluff will most likely have to be added in order to make some SERIOUS gains in lbm.

If you're sitting at 245lbs with 8% bf as you claim, you'll defiantly stay lean but don't be maximizing your growth potential. Protein looks good, fats should be closer to 100g daily, and your carb total looks more on par with a contest diet. I'd add in some kind of light cardio (cardiovascular health) and bump up those macros.

If you truly want to grow then FUCKING EAT! You need a good calorie surplus to continue to acquire lean muscle tissue and to continue to beat your log book in the gym. High dense nutrient food and heavy ass fucking weight training = gorilla muscle! If you start to creep up in body fat % then start a mini cut. Push/grow then mini cut and repeat.

The staying lean and growing has become quite the topic these days. If you’re in this line of thinking, then more power to you. Just know, it is going to be very very slow and the changes aren’t going to be seen like you may want. I’ve attempted the stay lean and grow thing for far too long and it’s just not helping long term. If you want to add tissue, you need to just eat and lift hard. Progressive overload and progressive eating.

You WILL see a change in your physique once you come down from the weight you added. Now, no one is saying get sloppy as hell, but you’re going to have to get a bit uncomfortable. And a few mini cuts here and there will go a long way if done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to the above two posts. This is a breath of fresh air as this "lean gains" thing has been taken too far. No one is saying get Lee Priest offseason fat, but you've got to eat if you want to grow!

Amen to the above two posts. This is a breath of fresh air as this "lean gains" thing has been taken too far. No one is saying get Lee Priest offseason fat, but you've got to eat if you want to grow!

I totally agree.

I try to stay lean while growing because i can’t psychologically handle looking blah. B-Boy is right though. Eat a lot of good nutrition and calories to put on the greatest amount of muscle. The added water and fat lubricates the joints and adds to your strength considerably.
To lean bulk i slowly up the complex carbs. After a few months it always spills over so i go back into cutting mode.

I try to stay lean while growing because i can’t psychologically handle looking blah. B-Boy is right though. Eat a lot of good nutrition and calories to put on the greatest amount of muscle. The added water and fat lubricates the joints and adds to your strength considerably.
To lean bulk i slowly up the complex carbs. After a few months it always spills over so i go back into cutting mode.
Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you there. Looking a bit softer is never easy to accept, especially if you've been extremely low body fat. The plus side is you look awesome in a shirt at the gym (much fuller, etc) and can push heavier weights for the most part. Joints feel better, etc. But yeah, looking in the mirror can become disheartening at a certain point, and I always recommend pushing just past this, holding for a bit (to let your body adhere to the new tissue) and then reassessing. This could be a good time then for a mini cut, not only to clean up a bit, but also increase insulin sensitivity, which tends to lower when you've been cramming a bunch of food in the ol' pie hole :D

Some really good post in here guys. I think the OP needs to know also growing and staying lean is a mind fuck. It's a balancing act and requires patience and a very strict diet and mindset.

Up calories then drop them. Up calories then drop them. It requires also for you to know your body.

Gear is secondary... TRUST ME. Diet is numero uno in this situation

Some really good post in here guys. I think the OP needs to know also growing and staying lean is a mind fuck. It's a balancing act and requires patience and a very strict diet and mindset.

Up calories then drop them. Up calories then drop them. It requires also for you to know your body.

Gear is secondary... TRUST ME. Diet is numero uno in this situation
Indeed. I'm not the biggest guy in the world (sitting about 214 right now), but this blast, every time I stalled, guess what coach changed? Did he up the gear? No. Switch compounds? No. Add in some more volume? That would do the opposite of the desired effect. He added more food. I'm eating more than I ever have and setting PR's in the log book almost every single session. Did I stay super lean? No. I already know how to get shredded.

Losing fat is easy. Gaining muscle is hard.

Indeed. I'm not the biggest guy in the world (sitting about 214 right now), but this blast, every time I stalled, guess what coach changed? Did he up the gear? No. Switch compounds? No. Add in some more volume? That would do the opposite of the desired effect. He added more food. I'm eating more than I ever have and setting PR's in the log book almost every single session. Did I stay super lean? No. I already know how to get shredded.

Ding ding ding... keep that coach. ;)

I try to tell people all the time it's not gear it's diet. But your always gonna have those people who just refuse to believe it. The point is if you know, you know. Your body has to be sensitive to the food. Your body has to be able to digest that food and use it.

And an added benefit Of being lean and sensitive to food is your also more sensitive to the gear so you can take less and still respond better. Trust me on this one too I know for a fact. I've seen it with myself

I’ve recently adopted the approach of short blasts and then entering a priming phase. I used to do this a couple times a year but have since made it just a regular approach. Up the gear for 4 weeks and eat, eat, eat. Take two weeks to eat at maintenance or even below, drop back to a TRT dose and throw in some extra cardio. However, these numbers are malleable and will only go from one phase to another if something becomes stagnant. I find this way even in my growth phase the extra calories just stokes my metabolism and I actually see MORE fat loss the first week or two. You can do 8 weeks and 4 weeks, 10 weeks and 5 weeks, 3 weeks and 1 week, etc. Just have to listen to your body. I no longer bother with long all out blasts.

There are a lot more moving parts but that’s the general gist of it. It keeps it interesting too and I get excited for each change of approach.

This! Losing fat is much easier than gaining muscle. How long do most guys diet for a contest? 12 weeks? 14? How much lean mass can you put on in that same time while trying to stay really lean? Not a whole lot. It takes excess calories to build excess muscle. Hell.....look at Zydrunas Savikas lately. The guy has always kind of gotten shit for being one of the sloppier strongmen with the big gut and all that. You seen recent pictures? The guy looks great. Tons of rock hard dense muscle

Heres a comparison. keep in mind he's still well over 300 pounds in the after pic

Attachments

• zydrunas old.jpg
    zydrunas old.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 216
  • zydrunas new.jpg
    zydrunas new.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 225
there's quite a few guys at my gym who've gained 30-50 pounds in the last couple three years and never went above 10 percent bf.
how? cuz they're on fuckin steroids.
these kinds of questions about growing while lean are shit naturals worry about. you and everybody else here aint natural. at all. not even close.
anyone can grow and stay lean on gear. anyone.
maintenance cals, and increase them when needed as u gain muscle. how is that hard?
plus you're on gh and slin on top of that 1.2g plus gear dose.
godam it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity