over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do Guys Deal With Nerve Issues ?

omoplata

Registered
Six years ago I hurt myself by placing the bar on / around my collarbone for front squats. As a result, I pinched the nerve feeding my right triceps and chest area and the issue was diagnosed as Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Basically the nerve gets pinched between the collarbone and the tissue underneath.

The results were terrible. GUYS, IF YOU EVER GET A PINCHED NERVE SEEK IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. OTHERWISE YOUR MUSCLES WILL SHRINK LIKE YOU CANNOT IMAGINE.
I lost 50% power in my triceps in 20 days. I am not making this up. I was able to lift exactly half as much with my right triceps as my left (and before this there was no difference between the right and left sides).

I lost tremendous amount of mass in my right arm, shoulder and chest.
The muscle mass and strength slowly recovered, but to this day -after 6 fuckin years- there is still a visible lack of development on my right upper chest compared to the left side. The rest of the muscle groups are OK. There is still some discrepancy on the left vs right triceps for example but not huge and it does not bother me. But man; that chest is bugging the hell out of me.

I have tried everything. One sided exercises, various angles, flies... you name it.
Simply working the right and left sides separately (dumbell or cable exercises for upper chest, one arm at a time, for example) just does not get rid of the imbalance. Doing barbell work, so that the weak side is stressed a little more and is therefore forced to compensate won't work either. It is stuck.

2 Questions:

- Is the nerve still damaged?
I have zero symptoms. After extensive physical therapy, I have none of the pain, numbness, tingling etc. and haven't had these for the last 2.5 years.
If the nerve has regenerated, what exactly is the cause of the problem? Is the nerve entering the muscle intact, but rather the innervation of the motor units are dysfunctional maybe? Have some motor units lost their ability "talk " to the nerve bundle?

- More importantly is there anything I can do?

Thanks guys

I have pinched nerves in my neck.i have 2 bulging disc,but dont have problems like you.just pain ,and numbness. Cant feel my arm half the day,then sharp pain here and there
They want to operate on my neck,but I said no.not until I cant take it no more
Goodluck.

2 Questions:

I have zero symptoms. After extensive physical therapy, I have none of the pain, numbness, tingling etc. and haven't had these for the last 2.5 years.
If the nerve has regenerated, what exactly is the cause of the problem? Is the nerve entering the muscle intact, but rather the innervation of the motor units are dysfunctional maybe? Have some motor units lost their ability "talk " to the nerve bundle?

Thanks guys
Things to ask a neurologist after he conducts nerve conduction tests.

Six years ago I hurt myself by placing the bar on / around my collarbone for front squats. As a result, I pinched the nerve feeding my right triceps and chest area and the issue was diagnosed as Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Basically the nerve gets pinched between the collarbone and the tissue underneath.

The results were terrible. GUYS, IF YOU EVER GET A PINCHED NERVE SEEK IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. OTHERWISE YOUR MUSCLES WILL SHRINK LIKE YOU CANNOT IMAGINE.
I lost 50% power in my triceps in 20 days. I am not making this up. I was able to lift exactly half as much with my right triceps as my left (and before this there was no difference between the right and left sides).

I lost tremendous amount of mass in my right arm, shoulder and chest.
The muscle mass and strength slowly recovered, but to this day -after 6 fuckin years- there is still a visible lack of development on my right upper chest compared to the left side. The rest of the muscle groups are OK. There is still some discrepancy on the left vs right triceps for example but not huge and it does not bother me. But man; that chest is bugging the hell out of me.

I have tried everything. One sided exercises, various angles, flies... you name it.
Simply working the right and left sides separately (dumbell or cable exercises for upper chest, one arm at a time, for example) just does not get rid of the imbalance. Doing barbell work, so that the weak side is stressed a little more and is therefore forced to compensate won't work either. It is stuck.

2 Questions:

Thanks guys

TOS happens when a part of the brachial plexus becomes impinged/trapped. There are a few reasons why it happens, and I'm perplexed why you don't know if you went to see a medical doctor, but i'm not shocked they didn't explain anything.

Your tricep being effected, seems like the lower brachial plexus, C7 (myotome).

Reasons for TOS:
1. Pancost tumor - They should have xrayed you. If not, get xrays.
2. Cervical rib - A rare anomaly, but it happens.
3. Anterior scalene
4. Pec Minor

First 2 seem unlikely since the problem self-resolved. So I'm guessing it was muscular. hypertonicity/swelling pressing on the nerves underneath or around the area.

Preventative maintenance: Chiropractic adjustments, stretching, muscle work.

This is not a medical diagnosis or treatment plan. I'm simply giving my impressions on the information given.

Last edited:
TOS happens when a part of the brachial plexus becomes impinged/trapped. There are a few reasons why it happens, and I'm perplexed why you don't know if you went to see a medical doctor, but i'm not shocked they didn't explain anything.

Your tricep being effected, seems like the lower brachial plexus, C7 (myotome).

Reasons for TOS:
1. Pancost tumor - They should have xrayed you. If not, get xrays.
2. Cervical rib - A rare anomaly, but it happens.
3. Anterior scalene
4. Pec Minor

First 2 seem unlikely since the problem self-resolved. So I'm guessing it was muscular. hypertonicity/swelling pressing on the nerves underneath or around the area.

Preventative maintenance: Chiropractic adjustments, stretching, muscle work.

This is not a medical diagnosis or treatment plan. I'm simply giving my impressions on the information given.
Chiropractors recommending chiropractic adjustments :eek: Good thing you included that disclaimer about your post not being medical advice. Not just because you're not an MD, but also considering misdiagnoses you made and terrible advice you gave in previous threads on health issues.

Chiropractors recommending chiropractic adjustments :eek: Good thing you included that disclaimer about your post not being medical advice. Not just because you're not an MD, but also considering misdiagnoses you made and terrible advice you gave in previous threads on health issues.

What was your contribution to the thread? Nothing. You provided nothing useful, like usual.

Aww..someone sad they lack the education, knowledge, and ability to diagnose? Unlike you, I have the ability to do so in two states. Keep trolling loser. All you have in life is your post count.

What was your contribution to the thread? Nothing. You provided nothing useful, like usual.

Aww..someone sad they lack the education, knowledge, and ability to diagnose? Unlike you, I have the ability to do so in two states. Keep trolling loser. All you have in life is your post count.
i have the ability to diagnose mental retardation, and I have bad news for you, buddy.

i had a torn rhomboid that inflamed around a nerve and i fucked it up even more putting heat on it right away.
the result was paralysis of my triceps and pec on right side. literally i couldnt use them at all.
went to pt, they worked on me for weeks and eventually i could actually push myself over in bed or hold against a wall.
years later my right side push muscles are still weaker. if i use dumbbells the same reps on each side means i gotta use 10-15 pounds less. sucks.

i had a torn rhomboid that inflamed around a nerve and i fucked it up even more putting heat on it right away.
the result was paralysis of my triceps and pec on right side. literally i couldnt use them at all.
went to pt, they worked on me for weeks and eventually i could actually push myself over in bed or hold against a wall.
years later my right side push muscles are still weaker. if i use dumbbells the same reps on each side means i gotta use 10-15 pounds less. sucks.

At this point, there is no more pressure on the nerve I assume.
In my case there has not been pain or discomfort for a while now. So I am not sure if further physical therapy makes sense.

That being the case, what can be done to strengthen the nerve connection?

I am sure tons of athletes in all sports deal with this sort of problem, so hasn't there been protocols developed to deal with this?

I have pinched nerves in my neck.i have 2 bulging disc,but dont have problems like you.just pain ,and numbness. Cant feel my arm half the day,then sharp pain here and there
They want to operate on my neck,but I said no.not until I cant take it no more
Goodluck.

I have some herniated discs in my neck that caused similar problems a few years back. I lost pec, delts bicep, tricep and even back size and strength on my left hand side. To this day my tricep looks much different than the right, almost as though it doesn't exist. Hard to stomach an injury like this for a bodybuilder.

I damaged the radial nerve on my right arm. The nerve that runs across the top side when your palm is facing down (dorsal side) of the forearm. That happened back around 1988 or so. If I put some pressure on that part of my forearm today, it still hurts and feels funny. My strength though came back in the affected area. So now even more than 30 years later it isn't normal.

This exact thing happened to me 23 years ago. The pain was so bad I could't sleep for three days. First time I went back to the gym I couldn't even bench press the 45 lb bar. I have atrophy and weakness in my left tricept, forearm and weak grip in my left hand. I can't use free weights anymore due to the strength imbalance, so I stick to machines and cable exercises now. Yes it sucks.

Last edited:
3 grams of Lion’s Mane Mushroom per day

Are you joking or do you really think that will help?
If so, can you elaborate how this will help?
Not trying to give you a hard time, just curious if you were really thinking it'd make a difference.

I damaged the radial nerve on my right arm. The nerve that runs across the top side when your palm is facing down (dorsal side) of the forearm. That happened back around 1988 or so. If I put some pressure on that part of my forearm today, it still hurts and feels funny. My strength though came back in the affected area. So now even more than 30 years later it isn't normal.

Maldorf,
You are a very meticulous guy and very analytical too.
I don't post here much, but I always read your posts with great interest and learn a lot from you.

Have you every looked into this whole thing and gotten an understanding of what is going on at the micro level?
I am just trying to understand where the weakness is coming from -and of course what can be done about it.
To begin with, do you think that the nerve tissue has not recovered still? Or would the nerves have sufficiently regenerated in such a long time, but a different sort of problem therefore more likely to be the culprit -say the nerve muscle junction having lost some functionality...?

Thanks a lot to everyone

Are you joking or do you really think that will help?
If so, can you elaborate how this will help?
Not trying to give you a hard time, just curious if you were really thinking it'd make a difference.

Thanks a lot to everyone

I have seen several different people talk about it. I saw one where a guy was in a car accident and had some facial paralysis. Once he started taking Lion’s Mane it started to improve.
I have nerve issues from all the knee surgeries I have had. I am taking 3 grams per day and feel like my knee function is better. I honestly don’t know if it is the Lion ‘s Mane or not but I have seen enough evidence that I’m going to keep taking it.

I have seen several different people talk about it. I saw one where a guy was in a car accident and had some facial paralysis. Once he started taking Lion’s Mane it started to improve.
I have nerve issues from all the knee surgeries I have had. I am taking 3 grams per day and feel like my knee function is better. I honestly don’t know if it is the Lion ‘s Mane or not but I have seen enough evidence that I’m going to keep taking it.

What the fuck???
I looked at it in detail and there is actual evidence to suggest it helps. Definitely worth a try....
It seems to work through "Nerve growth factor (NGF)". I first want to see if there is anything stronger -pharmaceutical that is- before I go
that route.

I herneated 2 discs at c2 & c3 4 years ago...my left arm and shoulder would go numb numerous times a day...my left arm atrophied horribly...I could not curl a 5 pound dbell with my left arm...2 rounds of Prednisone and 6 months later I was back to normal...I did have my left tricep tendon reconnected 15 years ago due to a complete tendon rupture...my tricep has never come back to it's normal size...

Nerve issues are no joke. I broke a disk which crushed my nerves in my spine causing severe pain in my left leg. My leg literally atrophied to the size of my arm in a matter weeks. I lost so much strength in my left leg that I’ve collapsed several times while walking because my left leg couldn’t hold the weight of my body. But, I’ve learned a lot from the experience about appreciating what you have. This week i was finally able to do leg extensions with the minimum weight of 15Lbs with my left leg, which in all seriousness made me very happy. It’ll come back over time thanks to muscle memory.

What the fuck???
I looked at it in detail and there is actual evidence to suggest it helps. Definitely worth a try....
It seems to work through "Nerve growth factor (NGF)". I first want to see if there is anything stronger -pharmaceutical that is- before I go
that route.

Let me know if you find anything stronger! This is the most promising thing I have seen.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws