YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

People with records/ felonies what do you do for a career??

Adr805

Registered
Just curious to see what anyone with a criminal record does, i was convicted in 2014, was hard finding a job for a while. Started barber school, been cutting for a while before so figured itd be a good fit. Seems like trades are the best way to go for people with convictions. Was looking into electrician, plumbing, welding etc... before starting barber school. Any insight is welcome

OIL FIELD!

Thats what i did, been in the patch since 1997, land and offshore, good luck.

There’s work. I tried out earlier this summer for a Pepsi Distribution center paying $20 an hour no questions asked felons welcome.

On the other hand I did it for a week and knew it wasn’t for me and so did my co workers who were almost all in their early 20s and busting their asses loading trucks. I started in a group of 7 and was second to last to quit by end of week 1.

It’s out there. I had an issue in my teens that I did a little over a year for and had a felony. Came home started as a temp in a manufacturing plant hard work fast hot long hours. Everyone else was making $30+ hourly while I was making $9 for a long time. Years actually. Well eventually it paid off. This year will be my first six figure year (alot of OT ) and amazing benefits. The issue I always see is people think they’re entitled to more right away. Well no you’re gonna have to bust your ass even harder and claw your way up and it takes time.

Any union trade won’t care. Carpenter, iron worker, plumber, etc

There’s work. I tried out earlier this summer for a Pepsi Distribution center paying $20 an hour no questions asked felons welcome.

On the other hand I did it for a week and knew it wasn’t for me and so did my co workers who were almost all in their early 20s and busting their asses loading trucks. I started in a group of 7 and was second to last to quit by end of week 1.

but u can go the gym and work out.....
working men are tougher than any juiced up gym rat.

you can come to cleveland and get hired as a cop. we take people with felony records and give them guns and badges.
for real.

Any union trade won’t care. Carpenter, iron worker, plumber, etc

^^^^this^^^^

Master electricians make crazy good money. Just find someone who you can apprentice.

I would say welding too, but if you have or want a family, the big welding money requires travel sometimes.

Just curious to see what anyone with a criminal record does, i was convicted in 2014, was hard finding a job for a while. Started barber school, been cutting for a while before so figured itd be a good fit. Seems like trades are the best way to go for people with convictions. Was looking into electrician, plumbing, welding etc... before starting barber school. Any insight is welcome

hey brother ..different people see different things in the very same situation,
this is what i see ..IF it is indeed a "good fit" why not try to rent a place where you can fit 6 chairs+ or so, and become your own boss? ..if you can't get it off the ground, then find some like-minded, loyal brothers to help you
..as the boss you take back that control and have no more "qualifying" worries
..as the boss you see more reward for your hard efforts and suffer more of the losses too, but i believe that if you are earnest and fair in your dealings with people, you will be astonished at how "lucky" you become

..you seem to have the right attitude which IMO is to work and move forward in a positive direction, not see yourself as "entitled" or as "a victim" ..i'd bet that you'd help bring some people up along the way with your valuable life experience ..maybe take 1 Wednesday a week or month and cut hair for the under-privileged?? ..you could become a revered community leader from the ashes of the past ..you are not defined by your past ..try to dwell in "the potential" of everything as much as possible, and leave any negativity/shit behind

all the best to you

hey brother ..different people see different things in the very same situation,
this is what i see ..IF it is indeed a "good fit" why not try to rent a place where you can fit 6 chairs+ or so, and become your own boss? ..if you can't get it off the ground, then find some like-minded, loyal brothers to help you
..as the boss you take back that control and have no more "qualifying" worries
..as the boss you see more reward for your hard efforts and suffer more of the losses too, but i believe that if you are earnest and fair in your dealings with people, you will be astonished at how "lucky" you become

..you seem to have the right attitude which IMO is to work and move forward in a positive direction, not see yourself as "entitled" or as "a victim" ..i'd bet that you'd help bring some people up along the way with your valuable life experience ..maybe take 1 Wednesday a week or month and cut hair for the under-privileged?? ..you could become a revered community leader from the ashes of the past ..you are not defined by your past ..try to dwell in "the potential" of everything as much as possible, and leave any negativity/shit behind

all the best to you

That was the goal at first was to open my own shop, the only issue i have seen now is that the market is so saturated where im at, shops are constantly looking for barbers due to the amount of shops in my area. My true goal is to get into flipping real estate, ive been able to save quite a bit of money since being out. And the only problem with barbers is its a cash business. Ive always wanted to open a shop but due to the saturation it has me looking elsewhere that i could make decent money to put away for future investments

We also do cuts for the underfortunate, about twice a month, we cut alot of back to school haircuts for children whos parents werent able to afford the haircuts that year, homeless, veterans etc... appreciate your words Diesel!

^^^^this^^^^

Master electricians make crazy good money. Just find someone who you can apprentice.

I would say welding too, but if you have or want a family, the big welding money requires travel sometimes.

I was actually researching welding as well , ive got a friend who does welding and makes great money but he is constantly traveling, he really enjoys it but his girl and his kid dont get to see him for about 3 months at a time

Oil Field, we have a saying out in the Oil Patch. "If your not on paper or never have been on paper and you work out here, something is not right..." Its just a saying we say in West Texas. Most have been on some type of paper in the past. We all clear 100k a year also

I was actually researching welding as well , ive got a friend who does welding and makes great money but he is constantly traveling, he really enjoys it but his girl and his kid dont get to see him for about 3 months at a time

Combo Pipe welder is where its at. Those guys make 35-45 an hour

That was the goal at first was to open my own shop, the only issue i have seen now is that the market is so saturated where im at, shops are constantly looking for barbers due to the amount of shops in my area. My true goal is to get into flipping real estate, ive been able to save quite a bit of money since being out. And the only problem with barbers is its a cash business. Ive always wanted to open a shop but due to the saturation it has me looking elsewhere that i could make decent money to put away for future investments

We also do cuts for the underfortunate, about twice a month, we cut alot of back to school haircuts for children whos parents werent able to afford the haircuts that year, homeless, veterans etc... appreciate your words Diesel!

to me a devil you know is better than one than you don't know ..life for whatever reason has brought you to being a barber
^^^this is not your last stop, it's simply what you know how to do proficiently right meow ..it will later become a form of "passive income" for you, but for now it's what you know how to do as of today ..this will pave the way for your RE endeavors ..welding sounds great too, but it's a skill, and one that you have yet to learn (..huffin' burning heavy metal fumes prob isn't too good for you either)
>>>as far as "getting paid in cash" ..it's simple; you can't have your cake and eat it too ..you want the credit for earning the money, you'v got to claim it and pay taxes ..at least for a time, so you have verifiable income, so that you can obtain financing to make purchases

market saturated you say? ..then offer something different

-offer movies/play station/fax business station at your place
-collect some hott women barbers and become the "hooters" of haircuts
-issue a challenge/competition for "Best Fade" skills
^^^make it an annual challenge under your name/business name
-advertise that you contribute a % back to the community
^^^youtube vids of your free cuts to the community/make sure people know your name
-put a bench in your shop with no more that 225-315lbs
^^^research this liability, but hey there are plenty of 24hr gyms now, so it could be done i believe

***with nothing but your clippers and charisma, you can talk to the local gym owners and convince them to give you a small space to CUT HAIR IN THE GYM :eek:!!
^^^even in the men's locker room, some are def large enough
^^^kick'em back a % so everyone wins

..just some quick ideas brother

I have a good friend that owns a tool and die business and he is always looking for hard working guys in the shop. i'm not sure he requires any experience either. Some shops in my area seem to always have help wanted signs posted up for many months. If you like working with your hands you might look into that. He has trouble with guys not showing up for work, crap like that.

I have a hard time believing places dont care if you have a record. Where i live you cant get anything except fast food if you had a record. Someone above stated unions dont care. Thats not true. All of the union jobs i had, the companies would not higher people with records. Maybe things are diffrent in diffrent states.

I think anyone getting into a trade now is smart. In the near future, we are going to have a shortage of Electricians, Plumbers etc so you will be making good $$$

I think anyone getting into a trade now is smart. In the near future, we are going to have a shortage of Electricians, Plumbers etc so you will be making good $$$

I think you are absolutely right. So many kids today are encouraged to get a 4 year degree and the trades seem to be looked down upon. So many young people graduate college now in big time debt and have issues finding high paying jobs, end up living in their parent's house.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131