YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you have heard of "Sympathic Pregnancy"?

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Now this is something I KNOW we've never touched on in here but there is a strange phenomenon where the male experiences some or many of the symptoms of pregnancy of his female mate. It's known clinically as Couvade Syndrome and it's causes are highly debated.

I can tell you that this is very real. Very strange. During their mate's pregnancy they can get enlarged bellies and even gyno, "nesting" behavior, hunger pains, back aches, and even afterwards have postpartum depression and other post symptoms of pregnancy.

Have any of you fathers ever noticed these things? It seems the more emotionally connected the couple is, the worse the symptoms. What's strange is I'm not a very emotional person (shocker right?) and I think I'm experiencing some of this shit! I'm not even married. But I'm going to be a dad again in November and I'm definitely feeling this shit. I've gained more weight than she has! I'm buying all kinds of shit like I'm preparing for a tornado of something.

It's just weird.

Sympathetic
I have heard and even seen many cases where the man goes from normal to fat during the pregnancy or shortly after the child is born..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sympathetic
I have heard and even seen many cases where the man goes from normal to fat during the pregnancy or shortly after the child is born..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Tell me about it. I'm restricting calories and getting fat at the same time.

I'm currently gaining more weight than my pregnant wife is, am very lethargic and want to sleep more than I normally do by a couple hours or more a day extra. Same thing happened with our first child too, except I had a lot more nausea then. So much for that 90 Day Get Shredded contest Lightning is running. :mad:

Ive heard of this..Hope your both :p feeling well and more importantly Congratulations..I hope you dont experience labour pains!!! :D x
If I start to, I'm heading to Canada in a white Bronco.

I've heard of this, never really knew of it was real or not or just a myth. Interesting topic. Amazing what the human mind and body does sometimes. For what is worth I didn't suffer any of that at all. Well mabey a little bit of Weight gain as she kept filling the house with chocolate and cakes and shit haha.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

A mans estrogen level increases after the baby is born to enable him to be a more nurturing father too. Not sure if other hormones are affected drastically or not.

A mans estrogen level increases after the baby is born to enable him to be a more nurturing father too. Not sure if other hormones are affected drastically or not.

This is true, I have read a few studies on it. Also a man`s testosterone levels can drop too. The body knows shit is going on is taking you "out of the game", you must be attached to the woman and kid now. It is real. I spent lots of time with both my kids from birth to 3 y/o and my test levels def. dropped.

This is true, I have read a few studies on it. Also a man`s testosterone levels can drop too. The body knows shit is going on is taking you "out of the game", you must be attached to the woman and kid now. It is real. I spent lots of time with both my kids from birth to 3 y/o and my test levels def. dropped.

Apparently getting married drops test levels too.

The months before my Child was born i gained 15lbs.

Apparently getting married drops test levels too.

Yea, its a bitch that nature thinks, oh your married, you don`t need that crazy mating animal instinct any more, lets kill the T! Except the problem is my wife still wants to be romanced, caressed, then pinned down and done good :).... with no test all that desire, energy goes away. That`s why she does my shots whenever I ask.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws