over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hard time finding a purpose...

sleepmode

Registered
I cant sleep and these thoughts have been bugging me for almost a year now. Don't know how to deal with them and i havnt really spoken to anyone about it. I don't know what im doing here on earth anymore. I'm 26 years old, no girl, no kids, no job prospects, pretty much I've lost all my passion for my field of study and failed at some of my other passions and i keep getting into trouble everywhere I go, falling in and out of addiction, i'm surprised im not dead or locked up in an asylum somewhere. Don't even know what I want to do with my life anymore. I tried enlisting, i felt like it was better than rotting away in civilian life, at least they can try to use me for something that benefits our country but i have bad vision problems, i wasn't given a waiver at the time. First time I've actually felt this way and I don't want to chase money, power or the worldly possessions. I hope something comes into my life soon, I'm beginning to forget what it means to be human. The days have been long and empty.

What was your field of study? Did you get a degree or can you get a job in that field? Second, 26 y/o and no kids is a POSITIVE THING!! You write it like that`s bad. Next count your assets. You can read/write English CHECK, can you count change of a dollar? CHECK. I bet you got a lot more abilities than some others, but you need to appreciate and apply them.

Failure is only a loss if you did not learn from the experience. Most very successful people in life made it, because they failed more times than any other! After most people would give up on an idea or dream, they kept going. Get on the youtube channel for biography and start searching for a mentor, somebody that can inspire you. Watch henry ford, thomas edison, col. Sanders (yes KFC founder). Good luck

OP- Bro your still so young!! I'm a bit older than you and just now had to start over. I had to overcome 2 criminal charges, loosing a career for about a year, and battling with addiction as well.
I had to stay as positive as possible, stay close to family, trust in The Lord Jesus Christ, and most of all never ever give up brother. Also don't give up on your education it is one of the biggest things that helped me start over.

Don't hold that shit inside get help and counseling if you need or talk to people you trust. Also celebrate recovery has helped me soo much they are just like AA/NA just at a church.

Keep your head up don't ever give up!!

Man ,there has been more than once that i thought i was rock-bottom. It got to the point i couldn't stand anybody or anything.
Drugs my opinion is a big contributor,it is also a big hurdle to jump!
Control the addiction and with proper motivation,i feel that you can achieve anything from then on.First thing first,being this way is making your life miserable ,so you need to seek counseling.Talking may help some but also may land you with a DR who can test for things as being bipolar.many would disagree of the possibility of being bipolar but there are different classes of it.
Then again it might not be that but something else. Regardless of the symptoms, Counseling ,med's and time can help heal.

Hope you can find a happy life brother..........

Appreciate it bros, field of study was medicine but ended up dropping out, did bio at uni but hard to find work. 26 with kids seems great but i actually want a loving girl with kids, start a family etc hard to find a girl willing to give me a chance. I usually always do whatever's put in front of me, however past year, i haven't been able to create any opportunities for myself

You need to get some serotonin flowing. Do something exciting. Climb a mountain. Go white water rafting. Take a month off and hike trails. Go hunting. If you don't want to shoot a gun, shoot a camera. You have to find a healthy and natural opiate for your life. You don't need a woman now because you have nothing to offer a woman. It wouldn't even be fair to her, no way you should bring children into your life for what they can give you. It's about what you can offer them.

Most, if not all us have been exactly where you're at right now at one time or another but brother, it's just about building you again, one brick, one stone, one stick at a time until you are a fortress. THEN you can offer your strength and character to a beautiful woman and wonderful children, a rewarding career.

26 years old... It's all out there just waiting for you boy. Find yourself and go grab a piece. You deserve it.

Like OTH said, you need excitement. Many people get wrapped up in the "why am I here?" First thing(without getting preachy) is this world is one large piece of art. You are here to enjoy it...OTH gave you some suggestions on how to do this.

Second we are here to help others, Ive been where you are many times...Its not until I'm helping someone else do i find true joy. If your are broke, give time. volunteer at a soup kitchen. If you work during the day or on the weekends. grab some cheap lunch meat,and bread and make some sandwiches, go hand them out to homeless people and just stick around...They don't need your food. The need to be treated like human. Ive see many get jobs and a place to live in a few months just because the finally felt like they matter.

What I found to help me was a spiritual experience. How you experience one is up to you. Mine came through working the twelve steps and helping others. However there is more than one way to skin a cat. Some people go to church, some climb mountains, some just pray. Stop looking for a "purpose" because your probably never going to find one in the sense your looking for. Just take the next indicated right step and good thing will happen. It did in my experience anyway and I was a homeless hope-to-die drunk/junkie. Find some like minded people who have been where you are and found a way to get through it and do what they have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All solid advice, im gonna start working on it. Started volunteering at the hospital since i have no job anyways, seems like a good way to spend time. I did go to the gun range a little while ago, always refreshing shooting my guns, and i live for excitement which might be one of my issues. Im constantly looking for the next "high" which adds to my addictive personality and ocd type behaviors. I did have a chance to get married a while ago, messed around/wasn't responsible, i'm glad she left me for some other dude, really helped me grow but at the same time screwed with my emotions, im just now kinda normalizes within the last year, appreciate the input, i feel much better already by just writing it out

What really helped me was seeing an integrated medical doctor. They know so much more than a regular everyday physician. He took me off dairy products. Put me on tumeric supplements and bam I felt great and feeling great attracted more good experiences to me.

Also listening to Joel osteen, laws of attraction by jerry and esther hicks, and Dr. Joe Vitale did wonders as well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Appreciate it bros, field of study was medicine but ended up dropping out, did bio at uni but hard to find work. 26 with kids seems great but i actually want a loving girl with kids, start a family etc hard to find a girl willing to give me a chance. I usually always do whatever's put in front of me, however past year, i haven't been able to create any opportunities for myself

That's your first problem right there, do not think that once you meet this woman of your dreams and have children that you will all of a sudden be happy. If you keep saying to yourself "oh I will be happy when I have...., or when I do..." etc, you will chasing your tail and never achieve happiness. Happiness is a mindset. Yes their are possible chemical imbalances but I think a lot of people make themselves miserable with their thoughts.

So you are lost in life right now, so what? Have you ever thought that you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now? That going through this frustrating struggle you are really growing as a person. Stop focusing on finding the right woman and just focus on being a good man. Try new things, get away from technology and back into nature as much as possible, this alone is huge. I've been in your shoes and i'm turning 28, ya it can be scary to feel lost but everyone goes through this sort of thing.

Personally i'd look into:
- seeing a naturopath and having your neurotransmitters tested,
-make sure your sleep is on point,
-clean up your diet
-consume adequate zinc, magnesium, omega 3's and vitamin d
-more high intensity exercise more often to boost endorphins (sprinting if possible)
-try yoga
- consider reiki, it might sound a little out there but you would be shocked at how much this can help people
-learn to meditate
-everyday write down 5 things you are thankful for

Your thoughts become reality, if you beat yourself up all the time about feeling lost etc you are just going to stew in your own misery. Learn to meditate and clear your head of all that negative garbage you are carrying around with yourself.

All solid advice, im gonna start working on it. Started volunteering at the hospital since i have no job anyways, seems like a good way to spend time. I did go to the gun range a little while ago, always refreshing shooting my guns, and i live for excitement which might be one of my issues. Im constantly looking for the next "high" which adds to my addictive personality and ocd type behaviors. I did have a chance to get married a while ago, messed around/wasn't responsible, i'm glad she left me for some other dude, really helped me grow but at the same time screwed with my emotions, im just now kinda normalizes within the last year, appreciate the input, i feel much better already by just writing it out

I just saw this post about not having a job, you need to find a job, any job, to give you a sense of purpose. A lot of people will fall into a depression when they are out of work, lose their sense of self etc. Who gives a shit what it is, look at it as a stepping stone, I had a family friend that designed missile guidance systems as well as helped with writing new code when the whole y2k thing was going on. He was out of work and took a job at home depot! Just a stepping stone my friend.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws